Chapter 15 – The Messenger Of The Gods
1.1k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Apollo POV)

The girl standing in front of me had dreamy golden eyes that carried a large hint of madness in them.

Her long pink hair was beautiful, looking like a flower that had just blossomed.

On her body she wore a white dress with golden details, giving a sense of purity and wealth to her.

The moment my eyes fell on this woman, I already knew that she was the Delphic oracle that I saw in my prophecy.

Furthermore, the connection I felt with her revealed a lot of my certainty.

I was sitting in the armchair, and the Sword Maiden was next to me.

The strange young woman, with whom I had a strange connection, looked at me with her head tilted to one side and then tilted it to the other.

Her long pink hair swayed back and forth.

It seems like she is lost in her own world. Now, why I think this is cute is beside the point.

As I thought about this, she clapped one hand over the other as if she had already made up her mind.

"My sunshine." She says pointing at me, with a smile.

The Sword Maiden frowns at her theoretically rude behavior.

"That sure is a peculiar way to call me." I don't mind too much, since a certain spring goddess calls me Mr. Sun.

At least this girl is being cute.

"Hmm! But that's what you are. You're my sun and I'm your priestess, all perfectly balanced." She said walking towards me without even a hint of concern.

But…

"Sorry, but it is recommended that you stop." The Sword Maiden politely placed the tip of her staff near her neck. The staff at the bottom was similar to a sword, with the part where the Sword Maiden held it being similar to a cross.

"Hehehe! This is fun, will I get one of this staff as a gift?" She asked honestly, looking at the tip of the staff at her neck.

The Sword Maiden just remained silent, probably not knowing how to answer this question, until she broke the silence herself.

"Who are you?" Sword Maiden, pretending that the previous dialogue didn't happen, asked with a serious tone.

The young woman moved away and placed her fingers in a V shape in front of her left eye.

"I am, Pythia, the oracle of Delphi and the priestess of Apollo."

Confidence! That was a good word to describe her.

"Are you saying you hold two of the highest positions in Delphi?" Sword Maiden was clearly angry.

Well, her anger was understandable, as the oracle of Delphi is second only to the high priestess in political power, plus she had also said that she is my personal priestess.

Although…

"She's not lying, Pythia really is the oracle of Delphi." My words came out calm and soft.

"Your Excellency?!" Sword Maiden turned to me in confusion.

Sometimes an explanation is needed.

"Three days ago I had a prophecy that seemed more like a provision. In this prophecy, it was revealed that a girl with pink hair and golden eyes would be the oracle of Delphi and my priestess."

"So girl, her name is Pythia, right?" I asked, resting my hand on my cheek.

"Exactly, I am Pythia, your priestess, my sun." Her excited voice ran for that time.

"Lord Apollo." The Sword Maiden turned to me.

"Sword Maiden, I Apollo establish Pythia as the oracle of Delphi.

But even if I establish her as an oracle, Pythia is not ready for that yet. I will leave Pythia in your hands, so you can teach her all the rituals and duties of a priestess. I will also ask you to teach her how to control her mana."

Hearing my words, the Sword Maiden smiled and inclined her head in reverence.

"I will carry out your order, my Lord."

Pythia placed her finger near her lip and looked at me, tilting her face to the side.

We both looked at each other, it was obvious that there was a connection between the two of us.

But that didn't change the fact that she probably didn't know anything about the duties of an oracle and a priestess, putting her in that position now wouldn't be smart at all.

Pythia, who was looking at me, started to smile, her smile was beautiful and had only pure sentiment.

"I will also obey my sun." Pythia crouched down cutely, as she laughed lightly.

Sword Maiden sighed, realizing that she would have a difficult road to transform this girl into something acceptable.

I got up from the chair and went to her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"I'll leave that to you." I said, to Sword Maiden.

My touch seemed to make her skin crawl, her face turned red and she couldn't hide the smile on her beautiful lips.

"I will never disappoint you, Lord Apollo." Her words were not superficial at all, in fact, they were more like an oath.

I just smile comfortably, and before I can respond, I feel a divine power in Delphi.

The divine power was greater than mine. The being in question didn't seem to want to hide, probably being an invitation to me.

A visit?!

"I'm counting on you, Sword Maiden." I said, and turned to Pythia who was staring at me.

"Obey the high priestess."

"OK." She said, raising her arms excitedly.

With a smile, I released some of my divine power, and a golden circle formed beneath my feet.

Although I knew some magic, I still didn't know how to use Hecate's teleportation spell, but I had my own version.

My teleportation allowed me to teleport to where the sunlight hits, although I need to know the location besides that the greater the distance, the more divine power it will utilize.

However, this teleportation doesn't work in combat because it's too predictable, and I have to stay still for a few seconds.

The circle below me glowed golden and along with that glow my body disappeared from the temple.

•••

In the blink of an eye, I appear in a forest devastated by my fight against Python with a golden circle below me.

My eyes turned to the forest, looking at the few trees that remained, waiting for that figure that was in the depths of the forest to reveal itself.

But that didn't take long, as strangely a voice sounded from behind me.

"Impressive, even though you're younger than me, your divine power is very great." I calmly turned around, and I could see a god with black hair and purple eyes with tattoos over his eyes.

Upon seeing the black-haired god, I could only think that he was extremely fast, one second he was in the forest, and the next behind me.

That same god gave a huge mysterious smile.

"Well, I guess that level of divine power is expected from a being that killed one of Mother Earth's creations." He placed his hand on his chin and continued speaking.

"Let's see, if I'm not mistaken, your name is Phoebus Apollo, a good name in fact, and it goes well with the god of the sun and light." His eyes carried great cunning.

Even though I didn't feel any hostility from him, this guy gave off a not-very-pleasant feeling.

"Who are you?"

"Oops! I think I got carried away, I apologize." He placed his hand on his chest and bowed slightly.

He behaves almost like a butler.

"So, introducing myself now, I am Hermes, the messenger of the god, one of the sons of Zeus."

Hermes!

The god of thieves, sagacity, speed, and other divinities. This guy is one of the gods most faithful to Zeus in mythology.

Someone quite troublesome appeared in front of me.

"So what does God's messenger want with me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Wow, my little brother likes to get straight to the point, I thought we could talk a little, since in the perception of a certain goddess, we are both bastard children." Hermes said with a smile, not caring about being a bastard child.

Hermes was the son of Zeus and Maia who, if I'm not mistaken, is one of the Pleiades, also known as The Seven Star Nymph Sisters.

Although I don't know much about them, I do know that The Seven Star-nymph Sisters are a representation of 7 stars in the Pleiades, which is basically a cluster of stars in the sky.

So this guy, besides being the son of Zeus, is also the almost literal son of a star.

Although I am also the son of a Titaness who rules motherhood.

But that doesn't diminish the fact that in Heras's eyes, we are just Bastard Children.

Like it or not, there was a bit of identification between me and the god in front of me.

"Honestly, I wouldn't mind talking to you another time, but for now let's just say I want to see my family."

"Why! It's strange to see a God so attached to his mother and sister, it's a peculiar thing indeed, but I can understand his will nonetheless, and that's why I'm here."

I frowned at his words.

"What do you mean?"

"It's simple, my dear brother, I'm going to take you to where your mother and sister are.

"I appreciate it, but I can get to Delos on my own."

"But who said your mother and sister are on Delos." He smiled revealing all his teeth, his words even sounded like a threat.

The very moment I hear this word, I instantly release my divine power, causing the sun to begin emitting vibrant sunlight.

My eyes grow much colder toward the god of thieves.

"Where are my mother and sister?" Even I was a little surprised by my tone, which was far from a polite question, but rather a cold and authoritative tone. In contrast to the coldness of my words, the sun grew increasingly hotter.

"Fufu! Wow, how ironic, the sun god has such a cold tone of voice, could winter come early?" Hermes hugged himself as if he was cold.

"I'm not kidding, where are they?" I asked one last time raising my hand towards him, as golden flames began to form in the palm of my hand.

"Okay! Okay! Did your sense of humor die along with Python?"

I didn't respond, I just increased my divine power even more, which only made Hermes smile.

"No need to worry, even though I didn't lie when I said your mother and sister aren't on Delos, that doesn't mean they're in danger."

At his words, I let out a light sigh and lowered my hands, dispelling the golden flames, but still keeping my guard up.

Hermes stops his theatrics and takes on a more serious attitude.

"Leto, the goddess of motherhood, and Artemis, the goddess of the moon, hunting, wildlife, young women, and chastity, meet on Olympus.

And I, Hermes, saw the order of Zeus, the King of the Gods, to fetch Apollo, God of the Sun and light, to bring him to Olympus." He bowed again saying these words.

Surprise washes over my face. So that guy ordered Hermes to bring me to Olympus now?

Also, it was quite surprising that my mother was on Olympus, as there was no place she hated more than Olympus.

She was probably just keeping Artemis company.

"So, Phoebus Apollo, are you ready to go to Olympus to see your father?" Hermes walked towards me, stopping in front of me.

Olympus, huh!?

Olympus, in addition to being the home of the gods, was one of the most sacred places in Greek mythology. And where are my sister and mother at this moment.

"Yes." I said, dispelling my divine power.

"Good." Hermes smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder.

And in the next instant, my body disappears from Delphi.

60