Chapter 45: Meeting Sebastian’s sister
129 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few more moments of silence followed. “Then we should invest our time into something that can’t be destroyed or taken away from us no matter what,” said Gorn, his face a bit more peaceful.

Sara looked at him with some interest: “Like what?”

Gorn smiled: “Good question. You must find the answer to that on your own.”

“I see…”

Silence again.

“I…” Sara wanted to say something but stopped shortly.

“I’m going to talk to Sebastian,” said Gorn at the same time as he got up. Sara was in no mood to talk so he left discreetly. After jumping a few times, and scanning everyone with his gaze, he finally saw Sebastian.

“Hey, long time no see…” said Gorn while casually walking towards him.

“Gorn?!” Sebastian was surprised by the sudden, unexpected visit. “How are you?”

Gorn arrived next to him: “I’m fine. After all, I have plenty of ways to keep myself safe.”

“Good to hear that…” Sebastian’s physique was as imposing as ever, unfortunately, his power level did not improve that much. A few of the nearby people gave them a curious glance, but soon minded their own business. People came and left quite often from that place.

“What happened?” asked Gorn with interest.

Sebastian walked to a more out-of-the-way place. “As you probably know, Norman took over the city, changing it for the worse. My family always keeps an eye on the important events around us, so after observing the situation for some time, we decided to run away from the city. Seems like it was a good decision…”

Gorn nodded his head: “I would have done the same.”

“What about you? I tried looking for you, but could not find you.”

“I was outside the city hunting monsters when all of this happened.”

Sebastian smiled widely: “Man, I also wish to get stronger as quickly as you do.”

Gorn laughed: “Who knows, maybe that time will come some day.”

Sebastian made a weird face, knowing that was not likely to happen. In comparison to him, Gorn looked rather small and weak. “Is it me, or you got even bigger since last time we met?” asked Gorn while analyzing Sebastian.

“Maybe I got a few centimeters taller, nothing much really.”

“At least you look strong, right?” joked Gorn, comparing his body with the muscular built of the person next to him.

“At least that,” laughed Sebastian.

.

.

.

“So this is where you have been!” exclaimed someone from the distance.

Sebastian was still talking with Gorn, when this particular person disturbed them. “Elena? Why are you here?” In the next seconds, a girl arrived in front of them.

“Don’t ask stupid questions, or I’m going to beat you up!” threatened Elena, with a fist raised, and aimed towards him.

Gorn was a little speechless at this scene. In front of him was now a beautiful girl that resembled Sebastian quite a lot. She was very tall, had shoulder-length blonde hair, and blue eyes. Her eye-lashes were very long and thick, and their color, the same as her eyebrows, were also blonde. It looked very uncommon, and rare.

Even though Sebastian’s hair was blonde, and his eyes blue as well, his eyebrows, and eye-lashes were dark.

Elena was dressed in a sleeveless short dress coupled with a pair of black steel gauntlets. Her legs were wrapped in black bandages a little above her knees, and she had no shoes.

‘Another beauty… Is this supposed to be some kind of armor?’ Gorn doubted the level of protection one could receive from such clothes. ‘Well, at least it looks very cool.’ Elena was very beautiful and attractive. Her blonde eye-lashes and eyebrows coupled with her deep blue eyes made her charm explode. Long, slender legs, and a very generous bosom complemented her striking facial looks quite good.

“What are you looking at?! Want me to bash your face in?” Gorn’s scrutiny did not go unnoticed. In fact, it brought a very unpleasant feeling to the other party.

Gorn got to his feet. In comparison to Elena, he looked rather small. ‘Shit, she must be least two meters tall…’ “Your appearance is very unusual, I had to take a closer look,” said Gorn in a normal tone. His gaze then turned towards Sebastian: “This is?”

“I’m his sister,” butted in Elena. “I told him to stop hanging out with random weaklings, but it seems he just doesn’t want to listen to me.” She looked quite pissed.

Sebastian smacked his face, feeling a headache incoming. Gorn raised one of his eyebrows.

“Select!”

Race: Human

Talent: High

Power level: 250

Abilities: Regeneration (Lvl2); Blur (Lvl1); Warrior (Lvl3); Enhanced strength (Lvl4)

Equipment: Steel gauntlets

Loot: 250 gold; Steel gauntlets; Regeneration (Lvl2); Blur (Lvl1); Warrior (Lvl3); Enhanced strength (Lvl4)

‘Blur and enhanced strength? Interesting…’

She had two skills he did not see before. ‘Unfortunately, their level is low…’ Upgrading them was possible, but that required gold. If the skill was abnormal, investing resources to upgrade it was a viable option. ‘Should I check those skills out?’

“Can you stop looking at me like that?!” Elena was not in a great mood.

Gorn snapped out of his thoughts. He wanted to say something, but chose to ignore her instead. “I have a few things that need my urgent attention right now. I’ll come for a visit later, see you then,” said Gorn to Sebastian.

“Sure thing. Next time I hope you join my family for dinner,” answered Sebastian with a smiling face. Both of them ignored Elena.

As Gorn casually walked away, she made a very unsatisfied face. “I know that you like socializing, but shouldn’t you spend more of that time getting stronger, or at least making some connection with more important people?”

Sebastian smiled: “I already told you that I’m not wasting time, so stop bothering me already.”

“How is this not a waste of time?! Please enlighten me, otherwise, I won’t stop bothering you.” Elena was adamant with her attitude.

Sebastian sighed: “Fair enough…” Pausing a little he continued: “The name of the man that just left is Gorn. He is one of my former classmates…”

“And?!”

“Guess what he was doing when Norman took over the city?”

Elena made a weird face. “I don’t know, hiding away in some corner?”

Sebastian made a more serious face: “He was hunting monsters outside the city.”

Elena paused: “Really?” She didn’t seem to believe what her brother was telling her.

“I suspect that he might be among the strongest people here.”

“I think you are just spouting bullshit,” said Elena, thinking of forcing Gorn into some kind of sparring match to prove her point.

“Are you sure?” Sebastian left with those words and a mysterious smile.

Elena was left yet again in a bad mood. “How many times did this shit happen during these past few weeks? Forget it, if he doesn’t understand that I want the best for him then I won’t waste my time anymore.” She was the kind of person that appreciated power more than looks or social status. After all, their current situation was enough proof to her about what had priority, and what not.

3