Chapter 49: F*cking awesome!
99 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While something special was definitely there, it was still at the beginning stages. Only time could tell if that something was going to grow or not.

“Thank you!” he appreciated Sara’s trust in him. “Before I leave, do you perhaps require my help with something?” asked Gorn, wanting to repay her good deed.

Sara was a little disappointed that he didn’t agree immediately to join her, but decided to wait patiently. “There is something. In fact, there are two things that I want you to help me with if that isn’t too much asking…”

“What is it?” Gorn was still sitting with his head rested on her thighs.

Sara’s hands were even now touching his head, slowly playing with his hair. “As you might have noticed, we found a way to free the people from the city that have those mini time bombs on their necks.”

Gorn listened attentively, while at the same time enjoying the feeling of her hands moving through his hair.

“The solution to that problem is quite simple in a way. As long as you have a storing ability, you can instantly absorb that tool, successfully saving the person. The catch is, however, that the bomb will immediately explode. If your ability is not strong enough, you can suffer grave injuries.”

Truth to be told, Gorn also thought about this method. “How big is the storing capacity of your subordonate?”

“Around five cubic meters. He can absorb approximately five bombs before reaching his limit. He is currently recovering and is unable to perform for at least a week. There are at the moment twenty more people that want to join us…”

“I understand. My storing ability is way stronger than that dude’s, so solving this problem should not be that hard. What about the other thing?”

Sara’s fingers stopped for a brief moment. “The second problem is a little more dangerous…”

“What is it?” asked Gorn with great curiosity.

Sara sighed, a great amount of stress showing on her face. “There is a huge snake roaming around this area. A big number of people have already died to it. The creature is way stronger than most of us, causing our chances of survival to diminish considerably. I tried to hunt it, but my lightning bolt is only able to cause some minor injuries at best…”

“I see…” Gorn silently pondered over the matter for a moment. “Do you have more information about this monster?”

“I used one of those special devices to analyze its power level. It’s one thousand and five hundred. If my knowledge is correct then this type of monster has no skills. The presence of such a strong monster should be a little deeper into the forest…”

“Most of the time there are a few exceptions to some rules. What about its length?”

Sara started to play with his hair yet again. Her previous stressed expression vanished into oblivion. A small bird landed a few meters away from them, and started to chirp happily. “Between twenty-five and thirty meters, roughly speaking.”

Gorn examined Sara’s calm face. From what he knew so far, she was very concerned about other people’s safety. It was still the case, but her current gaze seemed to accept the fact that some of them would die despite her best efforts.

“I don’t think we can deal with it by using normal means,” said Gorn after deliberating for a few moments. The monster’s raw power, and durability was a little too much. Escaping was no problem, but defeating such a creature implied too many risks.

Sara expected such an answer. “I tried to drop a big rock on that snake’s head, but it’s just too hard to pull such a stunt. The bastard just won’t stay in one place for too long. By the time I deal with all the details, the monster is already in another place…” As she was complaining, Sara suddenly remembered Gorn’s ability to store big, and heavy objects with great ease.

Gorn’s eyes also flickered. He got up to his feet. “So, are there any big ass rocks nearby?” asked Gorn with a big grin.

With an enormous inventory at his disposal, and his teleportation skill, doing certain things suddenly became more than possible. ‘How did I not think about this earlier?’

Sara smiled sweetly: “I know just the right place.”

“Let’s go then,” said Gorn while extending his arm.

“Right now? Don’t you need to rest for a period of time after what happened?” She was still concerned about his health.

“I’m fine, furthermore, this can be considered as a form of relaxation.” His gaze was warm, and full of confidence. After a short moment of hesitation Sara nodded, then grabbed his arm. Using her flying ability she brought his a few kilometers away.

They were currently at the base of a gigantic mountain. By their side was a decent sized stream, and in its proximity were countless boulders of various sizes.

“This will do just fine!” exclaimed Gorn, satisfied with what he saw. With a few steps, he came in front of an enormous boulder. It was at least twenty meters tall, and ten meters thick. Resting both of his hands on it, Gorn tried to move it. Just as expected, he had absolutely no chance. The rock had a high density, and its weight was at the least ten thousand tons.

In the next second, that massive boulder disappeared, leaving a big space behind. His inventory now contained an enormous piece of stone. Seeing this scene unfolding Sara remained flabbergasted.

“This…If you let go of this from a height of a few hundred meters, then I don’t know what can survive a direct hit...” Bewilderment was soon mixed along with excitement.

Gorn grinned widely: “The perfect weapon to kill stupid monsters.”

Using this strategy made it possible to even complete his current mission of killing five adult reapers. Excitement grew inside his heart yet again. “Let’s go test this out,” said Gorn, eager to try this new strategy.

Sara extended her hand again. Gorn grabbed her by the hand like before, but this time he used some force to stop her from flying. “Is there something else you want to do here?” asked Sara, puzzled by the motive he stopped her.

“No. This time, I will lead the way.” Turning with his back at her, Gorn sat on one of his knees. “Hop on!” Sara was intrigued by his actions. With great curiosity, she got on his back. Holding her by the legs, Gorn disappeared.

Teleporting a few times, he reached what seemed to be the perfect height to scout things out. Experiencing first-hand the wonders of teleporting was a very marvelous phenomenon for Sara. Beyond that, she was also perplexed by the fact that he could just stand there on air. This was the first time she saw another human being beside her able to fly.

Blinking multiple times, Gorn quickly found the enormous snake. With its size, it was kinda hard to miss. ‘It certainly looks threatening,’ thought Gorn at the same time as he positioned his body directly above the creature.

With a wave of his hand, the enormous boulder stored inside his inventory appeared. Having nothing to support it, it fell towards the ground with great momentum.

What looked to be a pleasant afternoon sun bathing for the snake, quickly turned into a dizaster. The boulder landed on a big part of the monster’s body, including the poor creature’s head. With a big bang, flesh and bones alike instantly turned into mush. The rocks broke into multiple pieces, shredding apart whatever remained of the snake’s body.

Just like that, a great problem was solved. No risks were taken during this simple process. Sara stared blankly at the still wriggling remains of the snake.

After a few moments she yelled: “Fucking awesome!”

6