Chapter 52: Would you look at that?
194 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The streets were empty, but signs of human activity were still there. It seemed like everyone just left for some time. With the knowledge he had, it wasn’t so hard to connect the dots. Most of the people were brought to special designated places to work, coming back to rest only for a short period.

‘What am I doing?’ thought Gorn while walking deeper into the city. He was still in control of his body, but for some reason, he had a strong desire to kill everything. It was so strong that, from outside, it looked like his body was controlled by something.

Stopping in front of a building, Gorn looked at his reflection in one of the big windows. He had blood all over his body, and his face looked really evil. “What the hell are these lines, and what happened to my eye?!” It was a little shocking, but that reaction was brief. “This looks kinda good, right?” In the next moment, his thoughts shifted again. “Good? What the fuck am I talking about?!” It appeared like he was struggling to contain some of his emotions.

Gorn’s attention was suddenly distracted by the contents of the building. “What do we have here?” In front of him was a cloth’s store. By the looks of things, it was unattended for some time. Nonetheless, the goods appeared to be in a good state. Skirts, dresses, suits, t-shirts, sweaters, lingerie and much more. It was a general store with a huge variety of clothes for both men and women.

Going towards the door, he pressed on the handle, and the entrance opened. It wasn’t even locked. The goods seemed of respectable quality. Stopping in front of a black suit, Gorn grinned. In a short time, he discarded the leather armor, and got dressed in the suit. Coming in front of a mirror, and taking a look at himself, Gorn started to laugh like crazy. The fact that the black suit went well together with the weird black lines and his eye made him laugh uncontrollably.

Glancing at his shadow to the side, Gorn said: “You little fucker!” After a short pause, he started to store everything in his inventory. It didn’t take long to finish storing everything. What remained now was only a pair of sneakers, which he obviously put on his feet. With a brand-new look, Gorn resumed his walk.

“This won’t do,” thought Gorn after a few minutes. In the next moment, he vanished from his position. After an unknown amount of time, he appeared above Lora’s mansion. The chances of her being close to her home were not small.

Observing everything from above, Gorn finally managed to find what he was looking for. It was a big hall which sheltered a big group of people. Among those people, he could also see Lora with her mother and elder sister.

The girls, as well as everyone else, were hammering furiously at monster cores without much rest. Everybody looked exhausted, both physically and mentally. Their clothes were torn, and dirty, and their eyes were listless.

Gorn canceled his air steps ability, and started to free fall. Shortly, he landed in the middle of everyone. Dust, and debris obstructed everyone’s vision. With a gentle blow of the wind, everything started to cleared up.

Lora was the first one to react. She threw her hammer to the ground, and ran with all her might towards the unknown silhouette. While the rest had no idea what happened, Lora knew exactly who appeared at the scene.

She jumped directly into Gorn’s embrace, wrapped her leg tightly around his waist, and started to kiss him while tears continuously fell down from her face. Gorn did not try to stop her. Grabbing her by the back of the head, he played along, enjoying the moment.

Everyone was flabbergasted by the turn of events. The guard who was responsible for this group of people quickly took action. With precise, and direct actions, the man wanted to take full advantage of the situation and behead the intruder.

It took him only a split second to cross the distance. Being behind his target, he prepared to strike Gorn’s head, who was still busy with Lora. Gorn’s shadow suddenly changed. Countless red eyes, and a big mouth, appeared on it. The shadow moved just like an extension of his body, and bit the attacker in half, while in the next instant, absorbed all his vitality. After all this, it swiftly turned back to a normal human shaped shadow.

The kiss continued undisturbed. After what happened, no one dared to interrupt them. The scene was just too brutal. Lora stopped after some time.

“Thank you for coming here to get me!” She seemed confident that Gorn came to that place to save her. Her eyes startled to sparkle yet again. Lora waited a long period for this exact moment, so her joy reached a high point at this time.

“I just couldn’t sleep knowing that you are suffering in this place. Sorry for not being able to come sooner,” said Gorn with an apologetic smile on his face.

Lora embraced him even tighter: “I knew that you wouldn’t abandon me…” She believed his words, and didn’t seem to mind at all his abnormal appearance. Even though she had some rags as clothes, and spent a big number of days working almost non-stop, her beautiful traits were still there.

Fair skin, oval face, long eyelashes, bright long red hair that was very uncommon, and many more physical qualities that defined a beautiful woman. On the downside, she became a little skinny due to lack of proper food.

Gorn glanced towards her siblings. Her mother Amelia was practically the same as her when it came to looks, albeit more mature looking overall, slightly taller, and longer hair. On the other side, her sister Emma leaned more towards her father in appearance, with short black hair, and a different kind of aura around her.

“What about your father?” asked Gorn, not seeing Andrew among the present people.

“He was killed as an example for the rest of the people…” sobbed Lora.

Gorn caressed her hair gently: “It’s alright, I’m here now…” From his words, it seemed like he cared, but the truth was that he didn’t. He signaled with his hand for Amelia and Emma to come closer.

“Don’t be scared, this is just one of my skills, nothing to worry about,” said Gorn with great confidence. His words seemed to have a magical effect, relieving a lot of stress from the surrounding people.

“Thank you for coming after us,” said Amelia and Emma at the same time. Amelia was very embarrassed by the fact that she had to meet him looking so poorly, and tried to look a little more presentable. However, such a thing was very hard to do under those circumstances.

“Give me your hands,” said Gorn, extending his arms. Without delay, they did exactly as they were told. In the next instant, all of them disappeared, leaving behind a dumbfounded crowd.

The scenery flashed multiple times in the eyes of the girls. In almost no time, the landscape switched from the city to the wilderness. Teleporting constantly, Gorn only stopped after reaching a decent sized river.

Putting the girls down, he took out a few skirts, lingerie, and short t-shirts from his inventory, as well as a few cleaning products. “Take a bath and change your clothes. I’ll look out for you.” He didn’t even give them a chance to think about what exactly happened.

The strange symbol that covered his eye has already faded away. The black lines also started to become less and less visible, his emotions calming down greatly. He no longer felt the intense urge to massacre anyone.

‘Did I just went recklessly inside the city, and killed a bunch of people?’ thought Gorn, his face turning into a frown. He was totally ignoring the girls while being deep in thought. From start to finish, he recalled everything that happened during all this time.

‘Why the hell don’t I feel more remorseful because of the people I’ve killed?’ Gorn felt a small amount of pity and regret for what he did. It was beyond strange, and incredibly abnormal, taking into consideration the fact that he never killed before.

‘Just what is happening to me?’ His shadow was most likely a very important clue to everything that happened. To make it even weirder, he felt that the shadow was just another extension of his body, which he could somehow control. When he was kissing Lora, he was in control of his shadow, and he could actually see everything that happened around him through its eyes. The control was done more through instinct than skill, making the entire matter questionable. ‘Is this an ability of mine? Am I controlled by something? Am I perhaps infected with something…?’

The questions were piling up, and no concrete answer was in sight. “We have finished. Gorn!” Being submerged in thoughts made it look like only a few short moments passed. The girls already finished taking a bath and changing. Turning around, Gorn was in for quite the treat. Three beautiful, and attractive women dressed in short skirts, and black t-shirts that were high above their belly buttons looked at him with watery eyes.

‘Ha! Would you look at that?’

4