Chapter 0: Intro (Part 1)
1.1k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in Europe.

The skies were pure blue and clear. A refreshing change since most of the time they were laden with chemtrails. The sun shone brightly, and the grass seemed greener than ever.

"What a lovely day!" exclaimed Gorn.

The gentle breeze was caressing his face, bringing a very soothing feeling along with it. The surrounding nature was vibrant with life, making everything else even more beautiful. Gorn walked leisurely towards a nearby wooden bench. Sitting down, he let out a long sigh.

"It's been a long time since I came to this park...."

The place was a little more secluded so there weren't many people around. The absence of human noise made it much easier to relax and contemplate important aspects of life.

Suddenly, a loud noise startled the surrounding birds.

'I tolerated that behavior for long enough!' thought Gorn while slamming his hand on the wooden bench.

Sharp pain and a tingling sensation followed. This kind of behavior was rare for him, provided that he was generally a very calm person. Breathing in, and exhaling powerfully Gorn released some of the built-up tension. Being a young adult was certainly not easy.

'It is time to change jobs. Surely there is something decent out there.'

Part of his anger came from the behavior of one of his work colleagues. It was toxic beyond words, and to make things even worse, the culprit was a lot weaker than him physically speaking.

'Or I should just beat the shit out of that person to see if I can correct that attitude.'

Gorn tried numerous times to talk things out politely but to no avail. What remained now was either to use brute force or to avoid the person. The first option was very tempting, and he almost succumbed to it a few times. After more careful consideration Gorn abandoned that plan, deciding to stick to the second method.

'I want something more!'

Deep down he yearned for something much greater than a good job.

'I think it's time to dig deeper into what I truly want.'

Taking advantage of the beautiful surroundings Gorn relaxed for the rest of the day and at the same time made some order inside his mind and heart.
.
.
.
In the blink of an eye, it was already evening.

A lot of things were still weighing down on his shoulders, waiting to be solved and fixed. That, however, was something that required more time. Extending his hand, Gorn grabbed his laptop from the nearby bedside.

His room was simple and nothing to brag about, having only the necessities. It was after all a rented place that he was currently using for the time being. Browsing through the internet Gorn read a story that he liked. There were only a few new chapters available so he finished quite fast.

"Can I find something else interesting to read?"

After half an hour of searching Gorn abandoned that idea. At this point, he already finished most of the things that he deemed worthwhile. Searching for more became a heavy chore for him so he stopped.

"I've had enough of this."

Furthermore, after a long period, his interest in fictional stories, mangas, and things of the sort was reaching an end. Thinking back, he was even ashamed of reading, and viewing some of them.

"I must have been brain-dead to read and watch some of those things."

Thinking about his past actions allowed Gorn to make a real image of himself.

"I wonder what it would be like to live in a world similar to those fictional stories I read."

Since it was getting late, Gorn put his thoughts to the side and went to sleep.
.
.
.
After an unknown amount of time, Gorn's eyelids twitched and his eyes opened slowly.

'I didn't sleep so well since I was a little kid,' thought Gorn while stretching his arms.

"What?!"

It didn't take more than a few seconds for his eyes to clear up and see the surroundings.

'Where am I? What happened?!'

He was not inside his room anymore. Springing out of the bed Gorn got dressed with the clothes that were thrown to the side, not caring if he was or not the real owner. The room had a simple design, very similar to his own, but the shape, and the color of the furniture, plus their location was entirely different. Noticing a nearby mirror Gorn hurried towards it.

Nothing looked out of place, besides the fact that his face seemed somewhat younger. His heart started to beat faster and faster. Eyeing a nearby wooden chair Gorn took it and smashed the mirror as quietly as possible into multiple pieces. Wrapping his hand in a piece of cloth Gorn took out a sharp piece of glass to use as a weapon. With utmost attention he started to inspect his room and then the rest of the place.
.
.
.
After half an hour.

"I am the only person currently in this house."

There were a few other simple rooms with a similar design. By the look of things, the other places were occupied by women. There were signs of recent activity so he had no idea when they might come back.

Gorn sat near the window that offered the best view of the surrounding area. In his hand, he held a photo. Everything looked unfamiliar, making it very difficult to ascertain the situation. Gorn's brain was trying his best to make sense of the situation. After a few minutes, the photo in his hands dropped to the floor. Inside the photo were six people, him included. A pair of twins, a little girl, a woman, and a man next to her. Last but not least his mug was also present in the photo, next to the man. He looked even younger, and very timid judging by his face expression.

"That is a plane right?!" exclaimed Gorn while following with his gaze something high up in the sky.

It was very far away so he could not see exactly what it was. The more he looked, the more that thing looked like a living organism and not a plane. After a few more minutes, the unidentified object disappeared into the distance. Gorn grabbed the photo from the ground.

"What is happening?"

He had no memories of those people, and they were most definitely not his family or relatives.

"It seems like this guy who looks like a younger version of myself has been living with them for a few years already."

Beside his room, there were no signs of the presence of other men. Putting the photo back Gorn returned to the window, analyzing everything with care. The buildings, the cars, the streets, everything had a different design to it. It was like being in a foreign country, and in a different timeline.

"What?!"

Gorn just witnessed a man running on the streets. It wasn't that unusual for someone to run, however, this person was as fast as a car, something he saw only in movies.

"Alright...I see where all this is going...."
.
.
.
After an hour, he was still alone in the house. Getting outside Gorn explored the surrounding area being careful not to get lost from the starting point. After a few dozen minutes he froze in place. In his line of sight was a huge wall, and far beyond that were gigantic trees and mountains so enormous that the peak could not be seen despite the clear weather outside.

'I guess I will be able to satisfy my curiosity after all,' thought Gorn while shuddering.

At this point, it was clear to him what was happening.

26