Chapter:19 Family Meeting(2)
75 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was Anastasia who explained the term,

"The family meeting is when all members of the Vorovich gather around for a get-together, well, at least all direct members of the family do. This doesn't include bouncers or handymen or thugs, basically the ones with the slightest bit of status and pull in our organization."

"Ah, I see. So this is a meeting with some pretty important people?"

Mikhail's eyebrow raised slightly at that.

"How many people would you say are in attendance right now?"

Natalia cleared her throat before adding,

"And what exactly is the topic of discussion?"

Anastasia grinned,

"If no one else got whacked during the time we have been drinking, then it would be roughly around forty members."

She put out the cigarette and stood up,

"And this one is about your inauguration and making an example out of some people who thought they could get away with a bit of mischief."

"An example, you say?"

Natalia looked slightly surprised at that,

"I take it someone tried to betray you?"

Her face remained stoic, with no visible emotion on her face.

Mikhail, on the other hand, took a sip from his whiskey, raising an eyebrow at Anastasia.

"So who exactly is this example supposed to be making? Some new wannabe or an actual threat to your power?"

Anastasia sighed as she walked over to Ming,

"Some old friends,"

She kicked the drunk Chinese but received a groan as the man turned over to his side,

"Howard looks like this one is out of commission."

She sighed while informing the barman,

"Take care of him, and these two brats as well."

She spotted Jules and Marias who were both out drunk as well.

"You seem to have a talent for turning people into drunks,"

Mikhail said with a chuckle,

"How drunk is the rest of your group?"

Natalia glanced over at Anastasia with a smirk,

"At this point, your habits look more Russian than our own. Hope the meeting won't be all drunkards looking for a brawl."

Her voice was still as stoic as ever, but there was a slight hint of concern when she looked at Anastasia.

"Nah, it's a pretty serious business."

Anastasia muttered as she fumbled through a bunch of keys hanging behind the bar's door. After a while, she finally found which one she was looking for and turned to the group,

"Any one of you sober enough to drive?"

"Yeah, I'm still good,"

Mikhail replied, taking a sip from his whiskey before turning his gaze towards Natalia,

"Are you still in fighting shape, or have you had one too many?"

Natalia raised an eyebrow at that,

"Me? Drunk? Never, I just enjoy a glass of whiskey before a mission."

She paused for a moment before adding,

"But yes, I'm still sober enough to fight."

Natalia appeared to be someone who never let her guard down, even when drinking.

"And you, spooky eyes?"

Mikhail asked, turning to the Ex-Mossad assassin. Amina merely shrugged her shoulder before placing the almost empty beer bottle on the counter,

"I can fight." 

"Alright, that settles it then."

Mikhail turned towards Anastasia once again,

"How about you, Boss? Are you still sober enough to fight?"

Anastasia turned towards the group and raised an eyebrow,

"Of course. What kind of leader wouldn't be able to hold their alcohol?"

Natalia smirked at her comment before taking the keys out of her hand and tossing them to her brother.

"Alright then, let's get to the meeting. We can talk on the way there."

The group of four walked out of the bar, looking around they noticed that there weren't many cars on the street. Mikhail turned to look at Anastasia,

"So, which one's yours?"

"That Citroën CX over there,"

Anastasia pointed at a pitch-black car with tinted windows parked a couple of meters up the road,

"Come on, let's get going."

Natalia and Mikhail both followed suit, while Amina remained slightly lagging behind.

They walked towards the car, and Mikhail unlocked the door and got into the driver's seat, while Natalia sat next to him. Amina sat in the back seat next to Anastasia.

"Alright, we ready?"

Natalia asked as she looked out the window, the street still was empty.

"Yes, we're ready,"

Mikhail nodded,

"Let's get going. How far away is this meeting anyway?"

Anastasia then looked over at Amina, who seemed to be asleep in the back seat.

"A few minutes, that's all. The meetings at the very last wharf on the west side of the town."

They drove along the empty streets to the west side of the town at a moderate speed. In the back seat, Anastasia's eyes went back and forth between the road and Amina, who seemed to be sleeping. After a while, the group finally arrived at the wharf. 

The place was dimly lit by the glow of distant streetlights, there were several other cars lined up on the roar and a pair of sentry were standing at the entrance. This was not yet the wharf as it was an area surrounding the wharf that had been transformed into a storage facility with multiple warehouses enclosed behind three-meter tall walls.

Mikhail drove towards the sentry who took one look at the passenger window and allowed the car to pass through. He drove it for several minutes until Anastasia pointed at one of the warehouses and asked him to stop. He turned off the engine, and the quiet hum of the Citroën ceased.

Natalia glanced around, her eyes scanning the surroundings with a practiced ease. She reached over to the glove compartment, opened it, and found a sleek black M1911. She discreetly slid it into her pocket. Mikhail, too, adjusted the concealed weapon beneath his jacket. Amina, who appeared to have awakened during the journey, remained composed, her senses alert and her hand resting on the sidearm strapped to her waist.

Anastasia, observing the preparations, smirked.

"You're always ready for action, aren't you?"

Natalia replied with a nonchalant smile, her tone calm and collected,

"Always. In our line of work, it's better to be overprepared than caught off guard."

Mikhail chimed in,

"We don't like surprises. But we don't mind giving them."

The quartet exited the car, and Anastasia led the way toward a nondescript or rather rundown building at the end of the warehouse row. The faint sounds of lapping waves and creaking ships mingled with the distant murmurs of the city. As they approached the entrance, two imposing figures emerged from the shadows – burly men clad in dark suits, armed with an MP5, their eyes watchful.

"Boss,"

one of them nodded at Anastasia, his expression stoic.

"Evgeny. Aleksei,"

Anastasia acknowledged them with a nod.

"Family meeting, huh?"

Evgeny raised an eyebrow,

"You're usually not the one to bring outsiders."

"And you brought only strangers with you this time, that's even more unusual."

Muttered Aleksei.

"Times are changing. These three are here to join the family. Treat them with respect."

Anastasia's words seemed to pacify the burly men, who nodded in acknowledgment and stepped away from the entrance, allowing the group to enter.

As they walked up the steps towards the door of the rundown building, the newcomers noticed that the place was much better maintained them what its outside appearance suggested. 

Their questions were answered shortly by Anastasia,

"This is the place where we store most of our weaponry, emphasis on the word 'most' not all."

Sure enough, less than a second after she had spoken those words, they reached a metal door on which she tapped twice and it opened to reveal a warehouse full of crates and racks. 

"Most, not all,"

Mikhail repeated with a smirk, looking around the warehouse.

The boxes and crates were stacked neatly across the floor, and the walls were lined with various weapons. Natalia let out a slight whistle as they entered the warehouse, surveying the crates and racks containing weapons. Her attention was immediately pulled to a rack of AK-47s.

"What have we here?"

She asked her tone still as stoic as ever.

"A lovely little collection, Boss."

Amina, on the other hand, seemed to be more interested in the crates of hand grenades scattered around the weapons rack. 

"Ahhh, explosives..."

She turned towards Anastasia with a smirk,

"Can I get my hands on some of these?"

Anastasia, however, was frowning while looking at the depot. She turned to look at a clerk who was jotting down numbers on a notepad.

"Oi! Cindy! Get your ass over here."

Cindy, a young woman with a punkish demeanor and streaks of vibrant hair, looked up from her notepad and quickly made her way over to Anastasia. She adjusted her thick-framed glasses and greeted her with a casual salute.

"What's up, Boss?"

Anastasia continued,

"I want a list of all the weapons we have in this room."

"Yes, Boss,"

Cindy began to ruffle through a pile of papers she had placed over a crate of 7.56 rounds and handed her a sheet of paper,

[Warehouse: W015

Armament: {O=Operational, M=Malfunctioning}
- Ak-47: 50(O), 9(M)
- AG-043: 15(O), 6(M)
- AK-74: 10(O)
- MP5: 15(O), 10(M)
- MAC-10: 10(O), 1(M)
- Model 1200: 15(O), 4(M)
- M1911: 30(O), 5(M)
- Beretta M9: 20(O), 5(M)
- Beretta 70: 10(O), 2(M)

Ammunition:
- 7.62x39mm: 5,000
- 5.45x39mm: 9,000
- 9×19mm Parabellum: 15,000
- .45ACP: 2,000
- 12 Gauge: 1,500
- .32ACP: 2,000

Rocket Launcher:
- RPG-7: 5(O) 
 - OG-7V Fragmentation: 10
 - PG-7VL: 15
- M72 LAW: 3(O)

Explosives:
- M67: 100]

"Good work, Cindy. You can go have a drink at the bar if you want."

Cindy nodded and walked away. As she left, she turned her head back to look at Anastasia.

Anastasia gave Cindy one second to leave and looked right at Mikhail.

"You seem to have a keen eye. How's our arsenal looking to you?"

Mikhail studied the list with an appraising gaze before responding,

"Decent variety, though we could use more RPGs. And the malfunctioning ones need fixing or scrapping."

Anastasia nodded,

Natalia's eyes glinted with a hint of excitement as she scanned the list again,

"I'm curious about the AG-043. Rare piece. Mind if I take one for a spin?"

Anastasia chuckled,

"Help yourself. Just make sure to bring it back in one piece. Now, let's move on."

The group continued through the warehouse, reaching a section with crates labeled 'Body Armor.' Amina couldn't hide her grin as she inspected the contents.

"Oh, this is like a kid in a candy store."

Anastasia gestured toward the crates,

"Alright, gear up everyone, take whatever you need but be combat-ready."

 Mikhail nodded.

He took out a flak jacket and walked behind a weapons rack, Anastasia nearly made fun of him but she heard sounds of unzipping behind her and gulped.

Turning around, she saw that Natalia and Amina were taking off their upper clothes, revealing two pairs of toned and chiseled bodies. They were definitely in shape, and that was probably due to their training as military officers.

As the two ladies put on their gear, Anastasia could not take her eyes off the sight. There was no denying that they were both attractive in their own ways. While Amina was rather lean and had compact muscles with an ample bosom, Natalia was much bulkier with chiseled abs and body muscles with a rather impressive pair of ''mountains'.

Amina was wearing a sports bra, her abs looking rock hard and well-defined. The sports bra was a bit too tight, so her breasts looked a bit smashed in her bra. Natalia, meanwhile, was wearing an undershirt. She looked really good in it and her body was really toned.

Both girls had an impressive amount of scars ranging from gunshot wounds to stab wounds and burns and everything in between on their bodies. The girls looked at Anastasia, not showing a sign of discomfort as they let their scars show, expecting her to react with disbelief or disgust. However, she did neither.

'*Gulp*'

Anastasia swallowed at the sight, 

"Oi! What are you two ladies doing, huh?"

Natalia and Amina both gave Anastasia a coy smile before the girls began to...

******
Please do leave a comment and a rating.
Also, english is not my first language so I am sorry if I made any error.

10