Ruins
321 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yes, the silver-haired man in front of him is the famous mutant in Austin's memory - Quicksilver.

But at this moment, his appearance was indescribably miserable. His hair hasn't been cared for in a long time, forming knots, and his face is covered in unkempt beard. No one would have guessed that he was a nineteen-year-old boy.

The most surprising thing is the empty sleeve on his right side. His right arm had been cut off by someone, and the other party did not bandage the injury properly. He just did it to stop the bleeding, which also caused his right arm to be injured. Even if his wounds were healed at super speed, they would still be extremely hideous.

Austin met Pietro a week ago. At that time, he was fighting for food with a dog. He had been hungry for a long time. The high speed brought with it a high metabolism. If he hadn't met Austin, he would have been starved. If he dies, other scavengers will not care about his life or death.

Pietro was wary of Austin at first, but after getting familiar with him, he slowly let go. He told Austin some of his experiences, such as how he was imprisoned in the mutant prison by President X* and how he managed to escape from it.

The last time he was caught after his escape, his arm was severed as a punishment.

Taking out a bag of bread and two bottles of beer from the bag. Austin kept one bottle for himself and handed the rest to Pietro before continuing.

"Listen, Pietro, I don't know how strong President X is without the brainwave amplifier, but I know that all mutants might be detected when using their powers. I don't want to wake up and find myself surrounded by a bunch of people. I believe you've escaped at great difficulty; you don't want to be captured again, do you?"

Hearing this, Pietro also thought of his previous encounters. He sat down quietly without saying anything, opened the beer with one hand, and took a sip.

Seeing this, Austin also sighed, this damn world, while not giving a way for people with superpowers to survive, it also doesn't give a way for ordinary people to survive. In the midst of an economic crisis, every country, including the United States, was greatly affected. This was why President X wanted to eliminate the Avengers as quickly as possible.

Prices are skyrocketing, many people are displaced, and every state is in chaos. It is estimated that World War III will happen soon. But now, the world is already on its last legs, and it is just asking who will fire the first shot to seal the world in the coffin.

There were rumors outside, saying the world was doomed, the apocalypse was coming, and only those mutant lunatics could survive.

It is true that in this world, the vast majority of superhumans do not actually have superpowers, such as Thor, claiming to be the reincarnation of the God of Thunder, who was just an old man swinging a useless hammer, and there is no Vibranium falling in Wakanda. Black Panther is just the name of a gangster.

As for the magic, Austin searched for three days and three nights in New York but could not find the legendary 177A Bleecker Street. The place known as the New York Sanctuary, in this world, is a nightclub that is about to go bankrupt.

As for Iron Fist, the superhero who inherited the "Chi", Austin didn't find any information about him. Maybe he had died in the accident long ago, just like Daredevil - Lawyer Matt Murdock who was hit by a car.

There may be no so-called supernatural abilities in this world at all. There are only ordinary people who die in various accidents and those genetically mutated 'mutant monsters'.

However, even if they have gained superpowers, the mutants in this world are not that powerful. On the contrary, what genetic mutations bring to them is not a gift, but an uncontrolled disaster.

Magneto's superpower has become a passive skill. He releases magnetism all the time. For this reason, he must install a degaussing device. But more than ten years ago, he had an accident at the airport, and an agent accidentally destroyed his degaussing device. The device caused several planes to be attracted by his magnetism, and Magneto died on the spot.

Another example is Mystique. She can take on the appearance of anyone, but at the same time, she will also be affected by the other person's personality. This causes her to suffer from multiple personality disorders, and she will die on the street if she is not careful.

Thinking of this, Austin turned his attention to Pietro on the opposite side. Perhaps, this guy is the lucky one. Quicksilver has super thinking ability and super speed.

In the comics, it's hard to explain Quicksilver's superpowers. He even has the ability to slow down the flow of time around him and increase his own speed. Just like the scene in the movie version when Quicksilver saves people, he can weaken the speed around him and then Listen to music and save people.

But here, Pietro is not that capable. He is just a very fast mutant. Austin even doubts that he can't dodge bullets even with his speed.

"How is the situation outside?" After a moment of silence, Pietro asked.

"War is about to break out. Many people are already jumping off buildings, and President X hasn't made a move yet. He's probably planning something big. The criminal forces across the country are getting restless."

"And the Avengers?"

"They are all dead. Even the old man who claimed to be the reincarnation of the God of Thunder was killed. The rest are hiding even if they are not dead. I am not that capable of finding them. If I keep collecting their information, I'll attract attention."

"You think, can we really succeed?" Pietro was a little worried. At his age, he should have gone to school, but now, he has become a wanted criminal.

"Yes," Austin said firmly. "If we don't even believe in ourselves, nothing will succeed. I heard Texas is in rebellion, and the border of the United States is in turmoil. Perhaps this is our chance. If we succeed, we can leave this damned world. But the premise is, everything you've said is true."

"Everything I said is true, and I wouldn't lie to you." Pietro immediately retorted, seemingly angry at Austin's distrust.

Austin didn't say much. He also knew that the probability of Pietro deceiving him was basically zero, because this was something he discovered accidentally, and it was impossible for Pietro in this world to know what that thing was.

The reason why Quicksilver was arrested and imprisoned was theft. This guy didn't just steal from merchants and wealthy people. Maybe it was because newborn calves were not afraid of tigers, or maybe he felt that he could not fail. This guy was so brave that he broke into President X's secret room, trying to steal the 'treasures' inside.

The secret room was personally created by President X, containing countless treasures and spoils from defeating the Avengers. For example, The Darkhold was obtained by encircling and suppressing the heretics, and the Book of the Vishanti was snatched from Strange.

However, these are basically just showpieces and have no actual effect, as if they were written by a madman. It's nonsense, no one can learn any magic from it.

But as Quicksilver told it, something in the secret room caught Austin's attention.

It was a small yellow box, the same size as a mobile phone, but its appearance was very delicate. It was definitely not a creation of the earth, and what was interesting, inside the box was a small, orange, round biscuit with hands and feet that could only laugh.

No one knows what it is, but Austin does.

It was not an orange biscuit; it was Miss Minutes, a product of the TVA (Time Variance Authority). And the phone-like object should be a time controller- TemPad.

In Marvel's TV series "Loki", TVA is an organization established by Kang(He Who Remains). He maintains the operation of the sacred timeline to prevent the outbreak of multiverse wars. They possessed powerful abilities, allowing them to traverse different multiverses and prune timelines to prevent time paradoxes. This can be seen from the drawer of infinite gems in Loki's first season.

However, this organization has only appeared a few times in the comics, and has little chance to appear in major events. It only plays soy sauce occasionally, so it can be regarded as an empty product.

But this is great news for Austin.

Although he doesn't know why such changes have occurred in this world, as long as he can get the TemPad, he can leave this ruin-like apocalypse. Austin doesn't think he can survive the next nuclear war.

After finishing the wine, Austin looked at Pietro who had finished eating the bread, and said.

"Get ready, we're leaving tonight."

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

( T/L:

President X: Charles Xavier (Earth-9591) (Marvel Ruins)

Unlike his Earth-616 Counterpart, Xavier never founded Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and is heavily implied to not be mutant, though it is theorized that he indeed does have Telekinesis which explains his ability to track down various mutants across America with ease. However, at some point, he was elected President and immediately moved the White House to Westchester, plunging Washington D.C. into chaos and disarray as a result. Due to his awful government, cruelty and tyrannical rule, many people protested against his rule including the young billionaire Anthony Stark. In retaliation, Xavier sends the National Guard to violently oppress and intimidate the protestors, injuring Stark in the process.

This led to the formation of a revolutionary group called The Avengers led by Anthony Stark going under the moniker Iron Man after constructing his armor. However, Xavier orders a patriot missile to be struck at The Avengers' Quinjet, killing all the members inside which includes Iron Man himself, Captain America, Thor Odinson, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne after Wanda Maximoff sells them out for government protection. Xavier at the same time would then also set up a prison in Texas for him to hunt down and imprison various mutants there under miserable and inhumane conditions. It is heavily implied that he despises mutants for an unknown reason, he even labels them as "paranormals" to further discriminate and dehumanize them.

Xavier would frequently visit the mutants in the prison, at times he would stare and observe their behavior while at other times, he would intimidate and taunt them up to the point of making them cry and vomit in disgust. Aside from unlawfully imprisoning the mutants, he would also heavily mutilate and deform them to have them under his control in the prison. At some point, a dying journalist named Phil Sheldon requests permission and clearance from Xavier to visit the prison at Texas. Wanting to fulfill a dying man's wish, he approves and orders the prison warden Wilson Fisk to guide him in the prison. )

❇❇❇

14