Towards Destruction
211 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perhaps because he was truly exhausted, Austin slept for a full seventeen hours this time. The sun had still been up when he went to bed, and it was still bright when he woke up.

Originally He had thought that after all the ups and downs recently, he wouldn't be able to sleep well and would have all kinds of nightmares. But in fact, he slept extremely comfortably this time and didn't have any dreams at all, sleeping until daybreak.

Other than feeling a little discomfort in his head from sleeping too long, Austin felt fantastic all over.

"Pietro, what time is it?"

Still groggy, Austin got out of bed and stretched lazily as he spoke.

However, his words received no response. Austin raised an eyebrow and turned to look. He saw Pietro sitting on the bed with his back facing him, wearing headphones while doing something. There was also a can of Coke next to him.

Headphones? Coke?

Austin was stunned for a moment, then rubbed his eyes.

He saw that the originally empty room now had several large boxes stacked in the corner. Judging from the packaging, they were all kinds of snacks. There were also several large boxes of unopened Coke cans on the floor. Aside from that, several cellphones were casually scattered on the beds, while Pietro was fiddling with a laptop.

The corner of Austin's mouth twitched as he got out of bed. Seeing the pile of stuff all over the floor, he didn't even know where to step.

Having apparently heard the sound behind him, Pietro took off his headphones and turned around. "Oh, you're awake Austin! Let me tell you, this world is simply amazing! There are so many games I haven't played before!"

"You brat..." Austin covered his face with his palm. Without thinking, he knew Pietro must have nicked all this stuff from somewhere. With his speed, doing something like this wasn't too surprising. It looks like Pietro's legs really were healed.

"Is there anything to eat?" Austin knew that Pietro was just too excited having arrived in a new environment. Although stealing stuff wasn't good behavior, now clearly wasn't the best time to correct his values.

"There is, there is! What do you want to eat? I've got pizza and burgers here. If you want something else, I can go get it for you right now - ten seconds round trip. So what do you want to eat?"

"Alright alright, enough. I'll just eat whatever." Austin hurriedly stopped the eager Pietro.

Opening a box of pizza where steam was still rising from it, it seemed Pietro had just gotten all this stuff not long ago. "I can't even be bothered to care where you got this stuff from anymore. I just want to know how you managed to bring so much stuff back all by yourself."

"If I can't bring everything back in one trip, then I'll just make multiple trips!" Pietro happily jumped up and down on the bed. "This world is awesome!"

"There are no superpowered beings, no dictator President X, none of that despairing state of the world, and most importantly, no mutants!"

You're thinking too much...

Austin helplessly shook his head and casually spoke. "Listen Pietro, I don't want to dampen your excitement, but there's something I have to tell you. We won't be staying in this world for long. Once the TamPad charged up, we'll be leaving this universe."

"Leaving here? Why?" Hearing this, Pietro immediately became dejected. "I haven't even finished playing all the games! There's so much fun stuff here - not just arcade games, but also offline and online games too. I haven't tried any of them yet!"

"It can't be helped. Although, the stuff you mentioned should exist in other universes too. As for why we can't permanently reside in this universe, it's because..."

"I know!" Without waiting for Austin to finish, Pietro immediately spoke up. "It's because we're not in our original timeline. So if we stay here for a long time, then we'll be rejected by the timeline and will keep traveling through the various timelines in this universe!"

"Uh..."

Austin opened his mouth, then said speechlessly, 

"Although I don't know when you became so knowledgeable about physics, what you're talking about should be 'time slippage' or 'time detachment'. As far as I know, we've already left the original timeline, so it's highly unlikely for that to happen."

"Oh, I thought of another one!" Pietro raised a finger and continued. "It must be because we've come to a different universe, so our bodies don't match the dimensions of this universe. If we stay here for too long, we'll die - right?"

"Eh..!"

"What you're describing is the 'quantum exclusion' effect between parallel universes. But we came here through the Time Variance Authority's time control device, which allows proper crossing over, so that shouldn't happen either."

"I see, then let me think some more."

"Alright alright, stop thinking. It has nothing to do with quantum mechanics or the multiverse or world dimensions. The reason we have to leave here is very simple - this world is about to end. You understand? It's going to be destroyed soon."

"This world is going to be destroyed?" Pietro's eyes widened. "How is that possible? This world is so good - no wars, people living in peace and prosperity, delicious food and games...who would destroy a place like this?"

Austin slapped himself in the face with his palm.

"Come on, didn't you have time to stop and look at the news when you went out in the morning to bring these things back? The whole world is talking about something right now, you've gone out so many times and actually didn't know about it?"

"Oh, you mean that." Pietro smiled awkwardly. "I was busy avoiding surveillance, hehe. Also, if I stopped while stealing stuff I'd get caught pretty quick."

"Sigh." 

Austin helplessly walked over to Pietro and straightened the laptop, then randomly opened up a news site. Immediately, there was live footage of General Zod's Kryptonian spaceship hovering in orbit.

"See that alien spaceship? This planet might not end in war, but our situation isn't safe with it hanging in space out there. There's someone on that ship called Zod who's about to destroy this planet."

Listening to Austin's words, Pietro stared fixedly at the screen image of the spaceship. To be honest, that ship really gave off an oppressive feeling.

"Is there no one on this planet who can stop this?" Pietro was in a bit of disbelief that such a large planet could be destroyed by a single spaceship.

"Originally there could have been. On this planet, there was an organization called the Justice League that you can think of like another Avengers team. If they were around, they really could've stopped Zod. But unfortunately, in this universe, most members of the Justice League were never born, while the rest didn't gain any superpowers."

"How could things turn out like this?"

"Because this Universe is a Parallel World Born by Human Intervention. I don't really know how to explain it. Anyway, you can understand that there is no one in this Universe, who can stop this at the moment." Austin spread his hands helplessly.

"Not even if the two of us joined forces."

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

Last Chapter of the Week!

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

8