A Joke
170 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Second surprise visitor?"

Austin's ears twitched as he heard something in Bruce Wayne's words. At the same time, he had an answer in his heart, but on the surface, Austin didn't say anything or make any reaction.

The two of them followed behind Bruce Wayne and entered the interior of the old castle, which was even more beautifully decorated than President X's castle, but Austin was not in the mood to view this at the moment. His gaze remained fixed on Bruce Wayne the entire time.

"Let me introduce ourselves. I'm Austin, this is Pietro. The two of us came here from another universe, originally, we were just going to take a break here for a while. But it seems that this universe is sunk into a devastating disaster."

"If you're talking about the multiverse and altered timelines, then you've got the wrong person. I'm just a retired old man enjoying life. But I'd be happy to introduce you to the 'perpetrator' behind this disaster." Bruce Wayne grinned.

"I came here specifically looking for you, Bruce. I need your help." Austin said seriously.

"Oh?" Bruce Wayne walked forward without looking back. "So, you are also one of my friends, and are close pals with me in another universe?"

"I think you misunderstood. I don't know you and none of the universes I've been to had you in them. You're the first Bruce Wayne I've ever met in person."

"Then how do you know about my existence?" Bruce Wayne casually picked up a bottle of wine, drinking while walking. His tone didn't contain any hint of emotional reaction.

"The interconnectivity between universes - I know about most people and matters across them, so naturally that includes you, Batman. Every universe is interconnected yet unable to peer into one another, but that doesn't mean they can't influence each other. There are many universes with your existence, and you're the only Batman."

"Then do you know that I've already retired and that in this world, there are no other superheroes like the ones you know about? So coming to me means you've got the wrong person."

"No, my goal is very simple, it's not as complicated as you think, other superheroes are worthless to me, the purpose of my trip is for you." Austin paused and added. "And at the same time try to save this world that is about to be destroyed."

Bruce Wayne let out a low chuckle as he sniffed, then he shook his body and stopped at the doorway of a room, which was supposed to be the kitchen judging from the smells wafting out of the room.

"If you're here to save the world, then I don't think it should be me you're looking for, but the one behind all this. Take a look - they're staying at my place right now—"

Following the direction Bruce Wayne was pointing to, he saw that inside the kitchen, two identical-looking men were sitting next to the table, one even holding a plate while continuously shoveling noodles into his mouth.

At the first sight of the two of them, Austin instantly recognized the identities of these two men, it was none other than Barry Allen who had traveled over from the future, as well as the Barry Allen of this timeline.

It seemed that the two of them had already followed the story, with Adult Barry Allen bringing Child Barry Allen to gain superpowers, but was unfortunately penetrated by a flashpoint, causing both of them to be struck by a bolt of lightning. And the Speed Force from adult Barry Allen's body was also transferred into child Barry Allen.

This is what caused Adult Barry Allen to lose his Speed Force, at this point, he was no longer a Speedster. Meanwhile, Child Barry Allen jumped to become a Super Speedster.

This perhaps also explained why techniques that took adult Barry Allen a long time to learn, like vibrating his body to phase through objects, required zero training for child Barry who could accomplish it outright.

"Looks like this is the 'first surprise' you were talking about, isn't it?" Austin smiled, not surprised.   

"Yes, since you both came from other universes, then I think you must know each other. If there's anything to say, it's better for you guys to have a good chat. So I, an old man, won't get involved."

Bruce Wayne said, picking up another bottle of wine, then sat sprawled on the stairs and started drinking happily.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. I don't know either of them at all, I've never seen either of them before. Wait a minute, you're saying that they've come here from other universes as well?!"

Adult Barry Allen's eyes widened as he abruptly stood up, then stared fixedly at Austin and Pietro, hands trembling as he raised them and wavered for a good while before squeezing out a line. "That's impossible!"

"Nothing is impossible, Barry Allen." Austin took a step forward with a serious tone. "It's fine if you don't know me, but I know you. You originally lived in a hopeful world. Even though she suffered agony, heroes still emerged to save her. Yet you destroyed her with your own hands."

"I didn't!" Adult Barry Allen couldn't help but retort.

"You didn't? Then tell me, where did Aquaman of this world go? Where's Wonder Woman? Can you resolutely claim that Atlantis and Paradise Island still exist in this world?"Austin pressed step by step.

"I..." Adult Barry Allen froze, only then did he reflect on the fact that he might have intruded on a huge disaster. He clenched his hair desperately with both hands, his entire face twisted fiercely. "What have I done?"

"Don't tell me Bruce Wayne didn't warn you about how out of control the consequences of doing this are. You're playing with everyone's lives as well as the safety of the timeline!" Austin said sternly. "Without Atlantis and Paradise Island, what will you fight Doomsday with? Let alone General Zod now."

"Did I warn him about it?"

"Not talking about you, but the Bruce Wayne from his universe." Austin glanced at the somewhat tipsy old Bruce, then continued speaking to Barry Allen.

"Do you understand how selfish your actions were? You have no clue what truly happened that day, yet you arbitrarily went ahead based on your own assumptions to alter the timeline. That is an extremely irresponsible thing to do. Look at this world you created - this is what's become of it, and it's about to be destroyed by Zod."

"I, I can stop all this!" Adult Barry Allen argued

"Stop it? That's easy to say, but have you ever thought that from the moment you altered the timeline, two or even more universes were born, and the people who survived inside those universes, are living beings, and they have stories and experiences that belong to them. Are you prepared to erase their value and the meaning of their existence?"

Speaking till here, Austin took another look at old Bruce. That's right - this world's Batman was different from most Batmen, but he still had his own story that inspired and influenced others too.

Yet all of that was wiped out due to adult Barry Allen's alterations.

Every person in this world, no matter their scale of achievements here or how much sacrifice they made...

In the end, all of them were reduced to nothing more than 'a joke' that Barry Allen told Aquaman.

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

Read up to Chapter 55+ On My Patreon

patreon.com/RedX43

7