Misunderstanding
158 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Austin picked up the weapons and closed the door of the display room after bringing Pietro back the same way.

In fact, Austin attached great importance to these items that could improve his combat power. As the saying goes, know yourself and know your enemy, and you will win every battle. When shuttling through these dangerous universes, not having strong combat power is absolutely impossible.

Even with Pietro as a Speedster to escort and protect, Austin did not feel that he was in a safe state, because each universe contained a large number of peak combat power existences. If he had to face them, it would be very easy for an ordinary person like himself to be blown away by the aftermath of the battle.

Austin was very self-aware. He himself did not have any particularly amazing abilities, and his combat experience basically came from street brawls. Apart from that, Austin also knew nothing about high-tech research. He could not create powerful Iron Man suits like Tony Stark.

In this case, in order to improve combat power, there were undoubtedly only two points that could be summarized in one sentence: the rich rely on technology and the poor rely on mutations.

However, acquiring these was far less easy than imagined. Austin had no choice but to take some equipment suitable for his current use from Batman first, at least to give himself more cards in hand, so as to ensure part of his own safety.

Returning to the dining room, Austin did not see the figure of old Bruce Wayne. He thought the other party had already gone to the Batcave first. But when the two were about to leave for the Batcave, they found that old Bruce Wayne was shaving in the bathroom.

"Did you find what you wanted?" Bruce Wayne saw Austin from the mirror. As he washed the foam off his face, he asked meaningfully.

"I did find some good stuff, thanks to the notes you left. I can now skillfully manipulate this multi-function umbrella, and I can also successfully produce fear gas under the right conditions." Austin did not hide it, but took out the umbrella in his hand.

"Hmm," old Bruce Wayne didn't say much, just nodded in response. It seemed that he had Austin's every move in the display room under control.

Similarly, Austin also knew that the other party was monitoring him all the time. It's just that neither of them stated it clearly, tacitly maintaining this wonderful balance.

"Is there any news about Superman's whereabouts? I don't think Barry Allen can find any clues. If the other party is an alien, then there must have been a corresponding spaceship when he landed on the earth years ago. It has been so long without any answers, I'm afraid it was mostly intercepted by some organization," said Austin.

Listening to Austin's words, Old Bruce Wayne was silent for a moment, and after drying the water stains on his face and hands with a towel, he picked up a file from the top of the table on the side.

Austin took the file, from the temperature of the paper that was still faintly hot, this file should have just been printed out. It was hard to imagine that Old Bruce Wayne actually found Superman's whereabouts in such a short period of time.

It seems that although Batman is old, the technology in his hands really hasn't gotten rusty.

In the movie, Barry Allen searched from afternoon to late night without finding a single clue. But old Bruce Wayne, apart from clearing up the dining room and shaving, probably took less than twenty minutes.

Open the file bag, and the records inside reveal that Bruce Wayne infiltrated the Russia Security Bureau's file bureau. The documents vividly describe the sequence of events after an alien spacecraft entered Earth's atmosphere and landed within the borders of the nation.

At the same time, although some of the information was blacked out, it could be inferred that the alleged alien spacecraft had been secretly controlled by Russia and was stored in a military base on a snowy plain for observation and experimentation. It also recorded capturing a live alien.

Obviously, this was Superman's current location.

Interestingly, in Austin's memory, the Flashpoint event in the comics did have Superman captured by humans and detained by the United States government. But in the movies, it was changed to Supergirl's descent, and Russia captured her instead.

"Didn't you tell Barry? Isn't he still using your Bat computer to search for the 'Superman' in his impression?" Austin glanced at the file and asked after confirming its authenticity.

"I just wanted to see how much that kid really knows about my Bat equipment, while also seeing how he usually handles these things. Now it looks like he's probably just a fledgling vigilante, with great power but no idea how to use it," old Bruce Wayne shook his head.

"Indeed, from what I know, he generally acts under the command of Batman and Alfred from another universe. This is still his first time working independently, especially after causing such a big disaster," Austin also sighed.

As they chatted, the group soon took an elevator in an old castle down to the Batcave. 

But upon entering the Batcave, Austin couldn't help but shake his head at the scene before him. He saw Adult Barry Allen with a solemn expression, searching for information on Superman, while little Barry Allen was running around the Batcave at a speed imperceptible to the naked eye, treating the place like an amusement park.

It had to be said that little Barry Allen was really a bit too wild. He had grown up under the coddling of his parents since he was young, causing him to be spoiled a bit out of bounds, and did not notice in the slightest how serious the current situation was, which in turn caused the old Bruce Wayne, who liked to be serious and quiet, to frown.

Finally, Austin spoke up. "Pietro, stop him."

As soon as the words left his mouth, Pietro instantly disappeared into thin air, and judging from his impatient behavior, he had been wanting to do this for a long time.

Having grown up under the rule of President X and enduring long-term oppression and discrimination against mutants by humans, although Pietro was very easygoing, he became exceptionally steady and serious when it came to big events.

However, when he saw this completely ignorant little Barry Allen, a kind of instinctive disdain for bratty children surged out from Pietro's heart.

Just two seconds later, Austin and old Bruce Wayne only felt a gust of wind. In the next moment, their vision blurred for an instant, and they saw Pietro holding little Barry Allen's hand standing in front of them.

"Wow!" little Barry Allen exclaimed happily. "You're a speedster too! I really can't believe there's someone with the same ability as me in this world. Were you struck by lightning too?"

"Quiet, kid. I'm a mutant. My speed is innate, not from getting hit by lightning," Pietro frowned, looking as if his dislike was written on his face.

"You're just a kid too! And you're too slow. I wasn't using my full strength just now. Otherwise, do you think you could have caught me?" little Barry Allen looked unconvinced.

However, the actions of the two soon caught the attention of Adult Barry Allen, who immediately stood up and stopped Little Barry Allen's actions as he prepared to compete in another speed contest.

"So you're a speedster? Did you guys also come to this universe by time traveling?" Barry Allen asked the question he was most curious about.

"Not exactly. We have professional equipment that allows reasonable traversal when appropriate," Austin said half-truthfully, and even old Bruce Wayne couldn't tell if he was lying.

Hearing Austin's words, before the others could react, Little Barry Allen immediately spoke.

"Oh, I see! You guys are like time police, an organization specialized in dealing with events that violate the development of time, and arresting criminals who damage the timeline, right?"

Little Barry's words startled Adult Barry Allen. He never imagined that his travel through time to save his mother would cause such great chaos. At the same time, he hadn't expected that he had even attracted the attention of the "time police"!

Seeing their obvious misunderstanding, Austin didn't offer any explanation either.

Although he wasn't from the Time Variance Authority, he did in fact travel through the TamPad. And the Time Variance Authority itself was an organization that managed the timeline of the multiverse. Since they assumed as much, he would just let them misunderstand.

As for whether Marvel's Time Variance Authority could manage the DC universe timeline, that wasn't Austin's concern. In any case, probably no one would come to poke holes in his story.

Thus, ZhAustinang glanced at Little Barry Allen flatly and spoke.

"Now is not the time to talk about this, Bruce has already found the location of 'Superman'. We should leave as soon as possible."

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

7