Finding ‘Superman’
584 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell are you!?" Professor Yefni's eyes widened as he stared fixedly at the figure that was like the angel of death.

A loud shout rang out in the corridor, attracting the attention of that figure, who slowly turned around. His long coat fluttered in the flames but showed no signs of being ignited.

"Someone was actually able to carry the Fear Poison Gas and make it this far?" A hoarse voice rang out, like the sound of metal grinding. Judging from the voice, that figure seemed somewhat surprised.

The old professor could no longer restrain the terror in his heart. He abruptly raised his gun and fired several shots at the black plague doctor. His speed was fast, but the speed of the black figure across from him was even faster. As soon as the professor raised his hand, the human-shaped black shadow had already made a move.

The shadow figure swiftly propped up his umbrella, blocking most of his body, and blocked the bullets shooting through the air, making a low "pu pu" sound on the umbrella's surface. Then in an instant, the umbrella tip opened up and Professor Yefni only saw a hurried flash of light shoot out from the tip.

In the next moment, the old professor felt a pain in his chest, and his entire body froze in place, shaking his body, a chill spread up from the soles of his feet. Professor Yefni only felt a little difficulty in breathing, and then collapsed to the ground immediately afterwards.

Seeing this, the figure with the umbrella put his umbrella away and let out a strange, cold laugh. "It seems I really underestimated the people here. I didn't expect to encounter a human with such a strong will in this place."

Professor Yefni breathed heavily, but he realized that he had lost control of his body, and it was only at this time that he reacted to the fact that he had presumably been hit by the opponent's weapon.

As his breathing gradually weakened, Professor Yefni felt a deep sense of fatigue wash over him. Even as he forcibly tried to rouse his spirit, he ultimately could not hold on. Just as he was about to close his eyes, he discovered that at some unknown point, the surrounding flames had been extinguished.

Or rather, they had never existed in the first place.

There was simply no fire at all. The heat, smoke, and burning researchers were all fake!

The opponent had used a special toxin to plunge everyone here into hallucinations. Thinking this way, there were no zombies either. This whole thing was a scam. From beginning to end, everyone here was killing each other in their hallucinatory states.

Then his disciples too...

Professor Yefni's eyes widened as he glared at the black figure, desperately stretching his mouth open as if to say something, but in the end, not a word came out—he died with eyes wide open.

The elderly professor's death was only a small surprise to Austin, who did not pay too much attention to it. Compared to this world, the deaths of these people had no impact whatsoever.

At some point, Batman had walked to Ye Austin's side. His face was covered by a special Bat-mask. He had made the first preparations after realizing that Austin had put the Fear Poison Gas on his umbrella.

Originally, the old Bat had planned to sneak in, investigate Superman's exact location first, then make his move, while also observing how Austin and Peter would handle things.

But what he never expected was that from the moment he entered here, Pietro instantly ran through the entire experimental base, and after familiarizing himself with the situation of the entire base, he also destroyed the monitoring room and communication equipment.

Austin was even more outrageous. Without the slightest hesitation, he directly released the Fear Gas into the ventilation shaft, then used the propeller on his umbrella to spin rapidly, causing the Fear Gas from the vent shaft to flow back through the ventilation ducts into the entire lab complex. 

At the same time, the poisonous gases that were dispersed also spread to the military fortresses outside the experimental base. In the blink of an eye, all the people who were victimized by the Fear Gas turned into madmen. In their eyes, everything they saw and heard changed.

Just like the Professor who saw his disciple as a zombie, everyone in the military fortress picked up the weapons at hand and opened fire indiscriminately towards the friendly soldiers around them. Under these circumstances, no one had time to stop and think things through. There was only one thought on everyone's minds - kill the others and survive!

Thus, an intense battle royale began. Those who had guns took guns, those who had cannons fired cannons, and some people even used tanks, just to blast the monster in their eyes into pieces.

The entire military base descended into chaos. By the time Batman discovered what was happening, it was too late. This war could no longer be stopped. Only by killing everyone could this horrific carnival be brought to an end.

To be honest, this was the most amazing scene Batman had ever seen, knowing that even Scarecrow, the creator of Fear Gas, had never set off such a large-scale destruction, which made Batman feel slightly resentful towards both Austin and Pietro.

Sensing Batman's expression hidden behind his mask, Austin turned his head as if explaining or muttering to himself, "We came to rescue Superman from the military base of Russia. This was a crime from the start. Also, we don't have time to get tangled up in these things. If we can't rescue Superman quickly, this world will be destroyed. Besides, there were a lot of guards here. Without using this method, there would have been casualties."

Hearing this, Batman said nothing. No one knew what expression was on his face behind the mask. He strode forward, walking to the front of Austin, looking at the huge steel cage. His low voice slowly rang out, "This is where Superman is being held."

Seeing Batman take out a device from his belt, seemingly preparing to decipher the code of this cell door, Austin hurriedly spoke. "No need, Pietro will solve the code, he's so fast that he can try all the permutations and combinations of the code in a very short time."

In the next moment, as if to prove Austin's words, Pietro sped forward. With one hand moving at blurring speeds, before Batman could respond, the password door turned green and the huge impenetrable steel cage made of metal slowly opened.

Seeing this, Batman silently put the device back again. He lingered in the shadows, showing no intention of going inside, evidently leaving it for Austin and the others to handle themselves.

Austin just smiled at this. He took the lead in entering. The cage was very large, spherical in shape, but the interior was not as spacious as one might imagine, appearing to be only about 100 square feet or so.

The inside of the cage was very dark, with only a few red emergency lights on. In the small space, there was only a simple iron bedboard and a screen. Lying on the bed was a red and blue suit casually placed there. Through his plague doctor mask glasses, Austin could clearly see the 'S' logo on the clothes.

Picking up the clothes and handing them to Pietro, Austin continued to walk inside. After circling around the screen, a woman in a white surgical gown entered Austin's field of vision.

"Found Her."

(End of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

2