A new Beginning
68 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school bell rang loudly as students filled the school entrance rushing to their various classes. It seemed tense as frowns were imminent on faces, an atmosphere that rarely saw eye-to-eye with sunny clear weather. All these apply to all but one; riding a bicycle and barely hanging on to its handles, Scott sped down the driveway into the parking lot, his soccer cleats dangling by the sides of his bag.

While parking his bicycle, a McClaren parked by and the doors swung open, hitting the sides of his bicycle.

"Watch it will you!", barked the student, stepping out of the car.

"Hey Jackson, come on" called his friends to him. He walked away glaring at Scott.

"Hey Scott", his friend called out.

Turning back, his friend Stiles came into his view. With a charming appearance and an easy-going demeanour, Stiles stood at an average height with a lean and athletic build. His face was angular, with high cheekbones, a chiselled jawline, and a straight nose that complemented his bright, almond-shaped eyes. His hair was short, styled with a modern edge, and a dark brown colour that is neatly combed to the side.

He was dressed in a casual outfit that perfectly matched his personality, a plain white t-shirt that hugged his torso, emphasizing his well-defined chest and arms. A dark-coloured jacket complemented his t-shirt, adding an extra layer of style to his outfit. The jacket fitted snugly around his shoulders, giving him a sharp and polished look. His black jeans were tapered at the ankle, hugging his legs and accentuating his subtle athletic physique.

His physical features and outfit work in perfect harmony to create a sleek and polished look that is both contemporary and timeless, and although very attractive, he didn't seem to exude a natural sense of confidence and style.

"Oh hey."He replied.

"Okay let's see the thing", Stiles excitedly requested.

Lifting his top, a dressed wound came to view on his waist. Blood stains could be seen on the bandage as the wound looked deep.

"Wooah…ok that's a lot". Stiles commented eying the wound.

"I couldn't see much, but I am sure it was a wolf," Scott said, covering up the wound and turning around to head towards the school entrance.

"A wolf… A wolf bit you?"

"Mm Mhm"

"Really?"

"I heard a wolf howl"

"I am pretty sure you did"

Staring flatly at his friend, Scott continued walking "What's that supposed to mean, how do you know what I heard?" he asked.

"Ledred doesn't have wolves ok? Not in like forever."

"Really?"

"Yes! There are no wolves in Ledred" Stiles replied scrunching his face.

"Well, if you aren't gonna believe me about the wolf then you won't believe me when I say 'I found the body.' "Scott said as-a-matter-of-factly, smiling subtly, knowing the effect his last words would have on his friend.

Stiles' body jolted as if responding to a stimuli

"Are you serious ?".

" I am, and now I am gonna have nightmares for weeks"

"That's… that's awesome! " Stiles exclaimed, excited. He seemed to be investigative, a trait he inherited from his father.

"That's probably the best thing that happened since… Hey Lydia, you seem to be… ignoring me." He said watching a striking teenage girl with a natural beauty that drew the eye sashay past him like he didn't even exist.

Her most distinctive feature was her wavy chestnut-coloured hair, which cascaded down her back in soft, loose waves. The sun caught the highlights in her hair, adding an extra dimension of depth and richness to her already beautiful locks.

Lydia's round face was smooth and unblemished, with high cheekbones and a delicate, feminine jawline. Her skin had a healthy glow, with a light dusting of freckles across her nose and cheeks that gave her a youthful, fresh-faced look. Her thin pink lips were perfectly shaped and seemed to be slightly parted in a natural and inviting smile.

Her eyes were large and bright, framed by long, dark lashes that enhanced their almond shape. The deep green colour of her irises seemed to change with the light, shifting from a cold emerald to a warm turquoise.

***

"As you all know, there was a body in the woods last night." The teacher started.

"Your little eager minds are surely coming. up with multi-scenarios, but to clear all that, the police have a suspect in custody" he continued.

"Now I would like your attention to be put on the syllabus outlining our scheme for the term. "

Scott and Stiles were High School students at Ledred New College located right in the centre of the town. It was the most populated school in the whole district and the reasons were clear. Standard. Every year, schools were rated based on their students' exam performances. The better the exam scores, the higher the rating.

Both their parents were single parents, Scott's mom was a medical doctor in the local hospital, and Stiles's dad was the County Sheriff.

*BRrrrrr*BRrrrrr*BRrrrrrr*

Scott's head swerved left and right trying to find the source of the sound but couldn't pinpoint it. He turned to Stiles and whispered.

"Hey is that your phone ringing?"

"It's on vibration... Is it that loud?"

"Yes, it is."

"But I can barely hear it."

"Just turn it off"

"Ok.. ok."

Scott turned back and thought to himself frowning,

"What the hell is happening to me?"

His thoughts were cut short when a girl with a unique and captivating appearance entered the classroom. Her most prominent feature was her dark, curly hair, which fell in wild, untamed ringlets around her face and down her back. Her hair framed her long, angular face, drawing attention to her sharp, pointed nose, which added an air of sophistication and elegance to her appearance.

Her eyes are her most captivating feature, with a deep, soul-searching gaze that seems to penetrate the heart of anyone who met her piercing gaze. The colour of her eyes were difficult to define, as they shift between shades of dark grey and silver depending on the light. Her eyebrows were thick and well-defined, adding structure and depth to her expressive gaze.

Her lips were full and pouty, with a natural, rosy hue that complemented the warmth of her complexion. Her skin was a rich, deep tone that glowed with health and vitality, and her cheekbones were high and pronounced, giving her a regal, elegant appearance.

His breathing became ragged and heavy, emotions swirling in him and engulfing him. His nails started elongating, fur sprouting from his arms.

<Your Heart Rate is rising>

<Partial transformation in progress>

"What!"

4