Werewolf? System? Werewolf system?
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The initial shock was over and with it left the pain even though he didn't get to see what caused him such immense pain. All he knew was that he was bitten, "but by what?" he thought. He didn't even realise he was on the ground and the body with the missing limbs was right next to him until he got up and stared right at the corpse's eyes.

"Aaaaah"

Screaming he fell over once again and this time it was downhill until he landed face first into the ground. Struggling to get up, he felt like crying.

He didn't know why, maybe because he was meant to be asleep instead of being in the damned woods. But he had to be strong and survive, for his mom and sister. The cottage they lived in was on mortgage and they were struggling to meet their daily needs. He promised himself to find a good-paying job as soon as he could, but who accepts a 16-year-old high schooler? No one.

The sound of leaves getting trampled on broke his chain of thoughts and he didn't even have enough time to see what caused it before feeling another round of pain in his waist, and this time, he could see what caused it; a wolf, a wolf with red glowing eyes staring into his brown eyes. all these happened in under 2 seconds and the wolf was gone. Scott wondering why he wasn't eaten fell to the ground screaming.

<Strange substance detected in host's body>

<Repelling...Repelling...Repelling>

<Process failed>

<Werewolf bite accepted>

<Synchronising host's body for new accommodation>

Scott's whole body jerked and twitched in pain. He didn't know what was happening, but all he could think of was that all that had happened in the woods was a nightmare, one he wished to wake up from very soon as he blanked out.

***

Scott slowly opened his heavy eyelids, a groan escaping his parched lips as he struggled to emerge from the clutches of sleep. The world around him was blurry and distorted as if viewed through a foggy windowpane. A deep-rooted weariness seeped into every fibre of his being, weighing him down like an anchor in an endless sea.

"Ugh"

His body felt as though it had been dragged through treacherous terrain, muscles protesting with every movement. Each limb was an unwieldy burden, and the simplest of tasks required an arduous effort. He lay in bed, cocooned by his sheets, the soft fabric tauntingly whispering of comfort and rest.

"Why does it feel like I was hit by a truck moving at 100 miles per hour?"

His mind, too, was entangled in a web of fog. Thoughts floated aimlessly, never fully forming, and even the simplest decision seemed an insurmountable challenge. It was as if a veil had been draped over his consciousness, distorting his perceptions and dampening his spirit.

As he gingerly sat up, fatigue gnawed at his bones, threatening to pull him back into the depths of slumber. The room spun dizzily around him, and he clutched the edge of the mattress for support, trying to steady himself. But the grip of exhaustion was unrelenting, refusing to release its vice-like hold.

Scott sighed, resigning himself to the oppressive weight that clung to his body and mind. He knew that this day, like so many before it, would be an uphill battle against an invisible adversary. But, with a flicker of determination in his tired eyes, he resolved to face the world, one weary step at a time.

"How did I get here? I know I was in the woods yesterday, found the body and then...a wolf bit me! "

He exclaimed checking his body. He saw a bandage wrapped around his waist with blood stains on a certain area.

"I don't remember dressing the wound up, who brought me home? Stiles?"

Texting Stiles he wanted to know what exactly happened last night when he went unconscious. He knew his friend too well; Stiles could almost help him do anything. The only thing that could hinder him from helping anyone is if it's related to blood. Stiles loses all his senses when he sights blood.

"Who could it have been?"

Stiles claimed not to know anything about it as he and his dad had a 'discussion' and couldn't do anything after that.

Looking about his room, his eyes noticed a dot by the corner of his eyes. Wondering what it was and thinking some dirt was on his eyes, he tried blinking. He even tried swiping them using his hands to no avail, his hands kept going through it. Eventually, a panel showed up.

<Name: Scott McCall (Werewolf: Inactive (78% synchronisation) )>

<Class: [Level 10 required to unlock]>

<hp: 100>

<Strength: 10>

<Agility: 10>

<Endurance: 10>

<Energy: 100>

What's this?

As if reading his mind, the system decided to explain things to him.

<As a werewolf, certain things are to be taken into consideration. First is your hp, also known as health point, which reduces as you take damage. Your strength, agility and endurance are above regular human stats but as a werewolf, you are at your weakest. Level up and grow stronger. Your Energy reduces with time and can be replenished with meat, raw meat. Your healing speed has also increased significantly. All these will go into effect once the synchronisation is complete.

<(Werewolf: Inactive (79% synchronisation) )>

Scott was speechless. Never in his life would he have a system, yet a werewolf one. He had read several novels about systems and all and always fantasized about it, but this, this was unreal. He had also read about werewolves, but only online and in folktales. He knew what society thought of them even though they were considered myths.

"Hold up, raw meat?"

He couldn't bring himself to eat raw meat, it was unethical to him and also unhealthy. Who knew the number of pathogens embedded in uncooked meat, couldn't he eat cooked ones, what was the difference?

<I'd leave that for you to find out.>

<Although synchronisation isn't complete, your stats are active so you can test out your slightly improved body.>

<Your sense of smell, taste, hearing and sight has also greatly improved>

Scott had also noticed this, he could see ants making their way to a hole made in one of the vertices of the walls. He could also hear the water drops from the faucet into the sink in the toilet. He perceived a heavenly smell, he didn't know what it was but god damn it smelt so good. He felt his stomach rumble in agreement.

Getting downstairs he sniffed the air tracing the scent. He didn't like the fact that he was starting to behave like a predator one bit. He traced the smell to the refrigerator which was shocking to him. For something to have this aroma, it had to be cooked but yet his nose told him otherwise. Opening it, his eyes fell on a bowl of raw meat. He expected his appetite to vanish at that moment, but no, it grew. He was drooling over raw meat.

"Get it together you idiot!"

He shook his head

"It looks good."

<New quest >

<Consume 1 kg of meat>

<Reward: 10 xp>

"...Ok... Let's do this"

He sighed in defeat. Grabbing it, he cut out some pieces and threw them into his mouth. He didn't when but at some point he was gobbling the whole thing.

"What on earth !"

Sumy his sister exclaimed. She was the last person he expected to see down this early, but that wasn't the point now. She had seen him eat raw meat like regular food.

"That's disgusting! Why would you do such? Raw meat ?"

"Good morning Sumy, have to get to school. See ya later."

Scott tried to avoid the matter and headed towards his room. His relationship with his sister wasn't really great but they both knew the situation they were in and knew they had to have each other's back.

"Why would he be eating raw meat?"

1