46. I am a priest, are you blind?
2.7k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am a priest, are you blind?

For advanced chapters go to PATREON.
For more chapter publications buy me a KO-FI.

The Manticore looked at the human who seemed surprised by his question, he also felt a little surprised to offer a contract to a human. However, he felt there was something very interesting about this human.

           This human was using sacred energy, but since the ten seals could only harm smaller demons and middle demons, the Manticore didn't feel much. Well, he felt a strong sense of danger from this human, but even if he were banished back to the scale of hell, he could come back since there's a portal in this abbey.          

The Manticore had felt the presence of the marquis demon radiating from this human, who was supposed to be a disgusting exorcist, which made him very curious.

The Manticore thought that a noble Marquis wouldn't relate to disgusting humans..., however, he also thought it was very strange a portal to the dimension of hell to be opened in an Ecclesiastical Abbey.

He could be in the middle of something big going on... Something like a grand plan from some high-status demon?

"Um... Mr. Manticore, don't you see I'm a priest, so how can I make a contract with a demon?" asked Emery a little hesitantly.

Emery: I'm all dressed up as a priest, with a rosary and a chic Bible, don't you see how I am a rich priest? Σ(・口・)

Manticore: That kind of wealth doesn't interest me. Come on, shall we little boy make a contract with this grandpa? ☆=(ゝω・)/

Emery: (゜Д゜;)

The human dimension is quite rigid with its rules. For example, a priest can become a wizard, because a priest can have MANA and sacred energy at the same time. However, a priest couldn't become a Warlock because of the sacred energy, since a Warlock must make a contract with a demon and would have demonic energy.

Of course, a Wizard could become a Warlock, since MANA is a neutral element. A Warlock could be an Alchemist or a Necromancer, but he could not be a Healer, because demonic energy was infectious to natural energy.

Natural energy could be used to heal a Warlock, but a Warlock could not manipulate natural energy as long as the energies are located in the soul's jewel. As natural energy is eroded by demonic energy, a Warlock who ventured to be a Healer would suffer from excruciating pain so relapsing because of the constant clash between the two energies.

Which would lead to Warlock's early death?

Soon there were no Warlocks who were healers or priests, even the priests who were excommunicated couldn't become Warlock, after all, the body of a priest was being blessed with sacred energy for a long time.

What Father Lattanzio was trying to do was madness, and he probably would have died, even without the loss of blood, since sacred energy and demonic energy were going to crash into the old body.

Unless Father Lattanzio had another plan for summoning Marquis Arabeth.

Giovanni's case of becoming a Warlock in the original novel occurred because he hadn't become a priest and hadn't been baptized at the end of the novices' course. So the sacred energy didn't become part of him.

The funny thing about energy is that the person can be born with it or the person can acquire by other means, of course, the fact of being born with certain energy makes the person stronger than the one they acquire by external means.

There are still cases where the person has an affinity for certain types of energy. For example, Emery Darcy was born with healing energy, with MANA, and with traces of sacred energy, meaning Emery was originally a character who was created to be a true natural priest.

Giovanni was born with MANA and a strong mental power, which showed that his soul was very strong, however, he had a neutral affinity. Which meant saying that his soul could be blessed or cursed externally, and so he could be presented either with sacred energy or with demonic energy.

Of course, there are still various types of energies such as natural, Elemental, spiritual, and the energy of death. There is also the energy of time and space, with a few others that were rare and rarely seen in the human dimension.

These energies can be granted through temples with their respective gods, or by contracts with demons or spirits. Natural energy, in particular, can only be gained through the blessing of elves or consuming the blood of a fairy.

Of course, humans may be born with natural energy to heal, but it was very rare, so much so that healers were few in numbers even in temples. Of course, as there was sacred energy that could replace natural energy for healing, soon natural energy was not as valued.

However, natural energy is neutral energy when it comes to healing, for example, sacred energy cannot heal the wounds of warlocks or necromancers, but natural energy could heal these two.

Finally, what is meant is that there are strict rules in the human dimension that make it impossible for the inhabitants to have so many powers in one body. After all, if any human could have all kinds of powers, would they still be just mortal? Wouldn't they be gods?

The Manticore well knew this, but she felt that something was different with this human. An unsettling feeling that made his demonic energy pulsate almost out of control.

"Let's make a contract, it's not like you're going to lose something by making a contract with me, right?" said the Manticore insistently. What this demon said could be taken into consideration.

Since it was true that the contract probably wouldn't work and there would be no burden on Emery or the devil.

"All right, so how do I make a contract?" asked curious Emery. He knew that contracts with demons are different depending on the status of the demon and the desire of the human.

For example, the Manticore's contract couldn't be used to make a contract with the Marquis Arabeth.

"It's quite simple, first you'll have to retract your sacred energy. Then you will cut off your finger or your hand and let me drink some of your blood." He said to Manticore with his strange bright, golden eyes looking at all the priests who were blinded by the sacred energy.

If Emery's sacred energy were being used with exorcist seals or more advanced seals, the Manticore would have been defeated long ago, but as they were basic weakening seals, the Manticore was still fine, despite feeling its body warm up every few seconds.

When his body temperature reached a certain threshold, the Manticore would be purified and your body would become dust.

"But we'd better do it somewhere else. Here would be very suspicious" said the Manticore looking at the human fool who seemed to have a frozen face, but his mouth looked like that of a fish seeking air because he did not know how to respond to the Manticore.

What's Emery going to do? Is he going to believe this bigger demon?

Hello, readers! How is everyone today? I hope everyone is healthy!
1. Thanks for everyone's comments and care!
2.Yes, leaving in greater suspense. I had to explain all this so that you could see how Emery's body is very "different" from what the body of a normal human being in this world should be. At least you will see that in the next chapter.
3. Next chapter will be better. xD
4. I can only say that... I'm counting 7 chapters to finally reach the beloved R18 scenes!
5. Finally we are going to capture a pokemon ... cough ... cough ... I mean finally we will have a lot of affection between one of the ML. xD
6. Nobody also wondered what Azarphy is doing with Arabeth?
7. If nobody is interested, I will not publish about what happens between the two. (〇*>∀<)ゞ★☆

The image below represents Manticore in a more corporeal form.

SEE YA!

Manticore

49