Arc 2: Chapter 8 Part 1
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crossover

Chapter 8: Dragonar Empire

 

“The continent of Falmas has a long history of war, all rooted in the question of which creature was considered insignificant in the world – humans or dragons.

One day, a group of seven powerful warriors intercepted the war with unprecedented abilities. Among them was a human who could control and command dragons; he was later called the tamer.

With their tactful plan, they managed to reason with both sides, leading to a temporary cohabitation. Later on, the Dragonar Empire and its six kingdoms were established. The tamer became the emperor, and his six companions became kings and queens of different lands. Their powers were inherited by future generations, explaining why royal families had innate abilities.

The peace lasted for several centuries. However, almost nine years ago, an unprecedented event occurred, drastically changing the continent's prosperity. Empress Elyna Lazurias Dragonar gave birth, and the continent rejoiced, but it was short-lived.

Dragons appeared above the skies, assaulting the palace altogether. The people were in a riot, trying to flee the dragon attack. The royal guards tried to defend the castle, but the dragons' roar killed them all.

The next morning, we only saw a severely destroyed castle. No one survived, not even the emperor himself. It was really disastrous. All dragons participated in the massacre, except the Dark and Wisdom dragons.

That day, every citizen across the Falmas continent mourned. That day, it marked the end of the era of the tamers.

However, the dragons didn’t stop there; they wreaked havoc day after day, as if never satisfied with what they had done. The royal families of each kingdom tried to defend against the attacks, but it cost them their lives. During those days, the entire continent plunged into multiple wars.

Fortunately, not even one of the Dark dragons, known for their strength and impulsiveness, and Wisdom dragons, known for their unknown powerful ability besides their great wisdom, appeared on the battlefield. Otherwise, the continent would have submerged into deep chaos.”

Kuro got interested in Bryer’s narration of the past. The sudden attack alone was enough reason to know that something was amiss during those disastrous times, and it made Kuro wonder.

“How many kinds of dragons are there on this continent?”

This time, Albert did the honor of answering Kuro’s query, “All in all, there is a total of nine kinds of dragons on this continent: Rock dragons that live in Brumund Kingdom; Storm dragons that live in Qaiser Kingdom; Nature dragons that live in Almenach Kingdom; Blood dragons that live in Prometheus Kingdom; and Sun and Water dragons that live in Trinity Kingdom.

Dark dragons that live on the west side of the continent—the Demon Forest; and the Wisdom dragons that once lived on the southern part of the continent—the Enchanted Forest, but now, we don’t know where they are. You see, about 70% of this continent is only habitable. The northern and eastern part is where the kingdoms and the empire are found, while the western and southern part is where the two strongest dragons live, and we do not want to disturb them.”

Froy continued, “Without the power of the tamers, the dragons were like children throwing tantrums with everything they saw. Countless lives were still taken despite the kingdoms’ efforts, and the continent suffered significant amount damage.

The royal families decided to form a coalition and took some volunteers to travel south and seek help from the Wisdom dragons. They are known as the friendliest and gentlest dragons among all.

I was included in that coalition as a volunteer; however, when we reached the south, all we saw was a gravely ruined Enchanted Forest, and all the Wisdom dragons were gone.

Of course, the royal families considered asking the Dark dragons for help, but they quickly set it aside, for they knew that no matter how they persuaded the Dark dragons, they would never lend a hand. Dark dragons are practically the opposite of Wisdom dragons; they are ruthless and, well, idiots…”

There was a deafening silence.

Bryer sipped his tea and continued, “When the coalition started to lose hope, a certain individual suddenly appeared. He claimed that he could control the dragons more efficiently than the tamers and stop the war.

His name was Damascus.

At first, we did not believe him, for we only believed that the tamers were the only ones who could control the dragons. But due to the desperate situation, the coalition of kingdoms accepted his offer.

At the start, the royal families of each kingdom did not believe his proposition; nevertheless, they still did a subjugation quest together with Damascus, as the leader. And the most surprising news was that Damascus and the rest of the subjugation team subdued the rampaging dragons!

Out of gratitude, a majority of people decided to nominate Damascus as the new emperor. And we really thought that after his ascendance to the throne, our lives would become better. But we were wrong, for it was only a part of a great scheme.” Bryer gritted his teeth as he remembered those days.

Rosanna got back from the kitchen with another batch of biscuits and tea. She patted Bryer’s shoulder and soothed his anger.

She then continued his narration, “A year after the emperor reigned the continent, he gave a royal decree on the empire’s capital, Grasyl, to double the taxes of the citizens despite not receiving any kind of aid from the emperor for the capital's rehabilitation.

General Halfer was the one who announced it to the masses, and all those who defied were arrested. He said that the tragedy brought by the dragons was still not over, and the coalition needs funds to overcome the expenses that they need. Of course, we all believed him. After all, we could still see, hear, and feel the destruction brought by dragons.

Soon after the restoration of the continent, the Nature dragons blasted the Qaiser Kingdom. As a result, the emperor sent one of his generals to monitor the situation. It was General Verilda of the fifth division army.

At the same time, the emperor passed another decree that all hunters and gatherers entering and exiting the Qaiser Forest shall contribute 40% of their harvest to the kingdom and the empire. But during this time, the kingdom experienced inflation, and all the hunter and gatherers were the most affected.

A year later, Almenach Kingdom suddenly issued an entrance fee to all students per year. The resources of the academy were all provided by the kingdom. But the kingdom stopped sending resources ever since the sun dragons from Prometheus kingdom killed plants and animals in Almenach Forest every time they unusually visited.

Due to this, only those who came from wealthy families could avail their children to study, but for those who couldn’t even eat properly each day, they had no choice but to give up their dreams.

Two months later, Trinity Kingdom suddenly increased the price of their seafood and seabeast products. The reason they gave was to ensure the safety of every cargo traveling from the kingdom to various parts of the continent due to the emergence of Water dragons from the seas.” Rosanna ended her narration.

 

I apologize for another late update; school was really hectic. I will post Chapter 8 Part 2 later. I hope you guys are still with me since this chapter is basically an information dump about the Falmas continent😆.

0