Arc 2: Chapter 10 Part 1
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crossover

Chapter 10: The Other Perspective

 

As soon as Kuro spoke, he immediately denied the idea, 'Impossible! How can a child venture inside the forest alone?'

"Wait… Come to think of it, it was little Rosalie who found us in the forest in the first place, right?"

"Master, as per what Mrs. Rosanna mentioned yesterday, it was indeed Rosalie who found us in the forest," Crescent politely confirmed.

Kuro was silent for a moment. "Bryer and Rosanna would never let little Rosalie enter the forest alone. However, it's impossible for little Rosalie to be lost in a forest, especially considering that this forest is far away from the capital..."

Crescent caught on with Kuro’s train of thoughts. "This means that Rosalie sneaked into the forest by herself?"

Kuro agreed, "But for what reason?"

He stood up and went to the mysterious doors. They were tightly shut. 'Maybe little Rosalie recently entered the door; that's why we were able to hear her voice.'

He walked behind the doors to confirm if they led somewhere, but there wasn't anything at all. He opened the door, and what greeted him was a thick hazy white mist. He could not fathom what was on the other side.

"Maybe we should enter it, for I am really concerned whether the voice I heard was from little Rosalie or not. But there is a chance that this door is a trap; after all, Bryer mentioned something like this earlier."

Crescent moved beside Kuro, "Then master, I shall volunteer to enter the door first."

"That is no good. It is best that it is me who enters the door first since I can summon a portal back here, if I try, of course." Without any hesitation, Kuro stepped forward and entered the hazy mist. He did not close his eyes, lest he stumble as he walked, and despite his nervousness, he never thought of going back.

Crescent just laughed at his master’s actions, "Master is quite stubborn."

A few seconds later, a slender white arm emerged from the inside and made a 'come here' gesture. Crescent stepped inside and walked behind his master. Unknown to them, the door they just passed through shut itself closed and vanished as if it wasn't there in the first place.

Their footsteps were the only thing they could hear among the eerie silence around them. That was until they saw a flash of light ahead, and they knew they were near the exit.

What greeted them was a blinding light that made them squint their eyes, and the moment they opened them, they were completely awestruck.

"Crescent, look!" Kuro spoke in pure astonishment, for he could not believe what he was seeing right now.

What they saw was a clear and bright blue sky, patches of white clouds, and, most importantly, floating islands in the sky! Some islands consisted of nothing but forest, some had mountains, and some had waterfalls. It was a breathtaking view. Both of them didn’t expect that this was the scenery behind the doors.

Kuro was still in a daze and muttered, "Where the hell are we?"

When he finally regained his senses, he searched his surroundings. He was standing on a plain floating island just like what they were seeing. When he looked behind, he was absolutely stunned. The path and door they went through was gone. How would they be able to get out of this strange place?

Kuro tried to summon his ability, "Black Portal."

Nothing appeared, so he tried to cast for the second time, "Black Portal."

Unfortunately, either he couldn’t summon it due to inexperience or maybe this strange place was preventing him from using his ability, for he couldn't summon even a tiny bit of his portal no matter how hard he tried.

Kuro instantly became a little bit nervous. Perhaps it was wrong of him not to consider the possibility of not being able to use his ability when he entered the doors. Now, they were stranded on a floating island.

But then, he remembered something. 'Alios, fly higher!'

"Flying… Yes, of course! The voice earlier said something about flying. Maybe there’s a kind of transportation that would allow people to fly and cross over floating islands."

Crescent agreed, "Then we can search for an exit as soon as we find the means to fly. But there is one main problem…"

Kuro nodded his head, but he was still a little bit nervous. "Hmn… we don’t know what that is." Kuro tried to remember any clues about it and remembered the dragon patterns on the door where they passed through. 'Could it be…'

"Huh? Isn't that big brother Kuro?" Kuro heard the same voice once again; he tried to search around to find the owner of the voice.

"Master…" Crescent was looking upward and was about to inform Kuro to do the same when the voice spoke again. The voice giggled, "Look higher!"

Kuro became surprised as soon as he looked above. "R-Rosalie! You are riding a dragon?!"

Their hunch was correct, although the very idea still surprised them even after seeing it with their own eyes. Rosalie rode a small white fluffy dragon with a crown-like feathers on its forehead. It had emerald eyes and smiled at Kuro and Crescent.

Rosalie was up in the sky, so he needed to shout in order for the girl to hear it. "Rosalie, what are you doing in a place like this? It’s too dangerous!"

"Alios, we should get down." Rosalie rubbed the dragon’s head and commanded the little white dragon. The dragon cutely roared as a response. It slowly descended, and gusts of wind were made from its wings' flapping.

Kuro held his breath and tightened his fist. 'So... so cute!' he secretly adored the dragon. Crescent gently aided Rosalie as she stepped down on the ground. "Miss Rosalie, you should be careful while descending down on a dragon; otherwise, you may fall and hurt yourself."

Rosalie giggled, "Mister, thank you for helping me. Do I know you? I feel that we have met."

Crescent only smiled and transformed back into a cat. Rosalie was absolutely surprised before she proceeded to grab Crescent and give him a tight hug.

"You are Crescent! Wow! How did you do that? Is it some kind of a magic trick? Do it again!!" Rosalie happily danced around, trying to convince Crescent. Crescent quickly leaped as soon as Rosalie’s dance got slow and transformed back into a human, fulfilling her request.

Meanwhile, Kuro stared at the dragon; he wanted to pat and cuddle it, but he was afraid to scare it. 'If I only had my phone here, then I would have snapped a lot of cute photos of this dragon; unfortunately, I left it in my bag." He was absolutely dismayed and regretted not bringing his bag on this another world journey.

Unexpectedly, the dragon looked back at him as well and warily moved towards Kuro. Kuro found the movement very adorable and couldn’t help but be nervous. When the dragon neared Kuro, it tilted its head and made a cute roar. It was a really cute scene, and Kuro wanted to pet the fluffy dragon.

But he stopped himself and looked at Rosalie, who was demanding Crescent to turn back into a cat again. Kuro was still skeptical about this matter, so he didn’t heed his original intention to cuddle the dragon and inquired the little girl with a gentle voice.

"Rosalie, how did you get here, and why are you here? It is very dangerous to enter the forest alone!"

Rosalie cheerfully responded. "Through the big doors. I am playing with Alios, and I am sorry…"

Kuro ruffled her hair and sighed. The most important thing was she was safe. So he decided to ask about other matters.

"Alios?"

Rosalie pointed at the dragon, who cutely responded and flew towards Rosalie. Rosalie wiped Alios’ licks from her face and responded, "Yes, this is Alios. He is so cute, loving, and fluffy."

'I do agree. Ehem, I got distracted.'

Kuro was about to ask another question when he felt something dangerous from his surroundings again.

The wind violently swooshed. Rosalie had to hold tight to Alios, while Kuro and Crescent firmly held their feet on the ground. Crescent immediately blocked Kuro’s front and became extremely vigilant. He knew that what was about to arrive was hundreds of times more powerful than the creatures they saw earlier.

Kuro covered his face with his arms. Dirt, stones, and grass were flying in all directions. Some hit his body, fortunately, his body was strengthened; otherwise, he would be ripped to shreds.

On the other hand, Alios covered Rosalie while the little girl completely covered her face with her tiny hands.

Kuro tried to take a peek at whatever was causing the massive turmoil, and when he saw what it was, he became petrified. The one landing on the ground was a massive version of the cute little dragon that he wanted to cuddle. It was 20 times larger than Alios, and it was fiercer than the child version. He knew that dragons existed based on Bryer and the others, but to personally see an adult one, it was too much for him, who came from a world without any magic.

‘I think I had to steel myself from now on; otherwise, I would look like a fool every time I see something foreign’ he inwardly decided.

When the dragon landed, it abruptly spoke; its voice was very deep and mature, despite being a tremendous dragon, it had a moderated voice. "If thou wonder why she is hither, that is because we had invited her." The dragon’s voice reverberated throughout the entire island. "And so are thou both."

Kuro was a bit startled with this new information he received. He closely inspected the humongous dragon in front of him. In short description, it was a complete copy of Alios, although, in a more mature and adult form. The only difference was the long white beard on its chin, which made the dragon look like an elder.

'It is definitely fluffier than the child version!' Kuro shook his head as soon as he thought of this.

'This is another world. Kuro, be serious. You have to prioritize!'

Crescent stepped forward and asked the white adult dragon with respect and confidence, "Mr. Dragon, would it be too rude to ask you to enlighten us with your intent of inviting us to this other realm?"

The white adult dragon nodded and sat on the grass. Alios, who was licking Rosalie’s face as soon as the violent winds stopped, flew toward the larger dragon, seemingly happy as it tried its best to cuddle the other.

The white adult dragon gently moved its wings and told him to play with Rosalie for the meantime. "Forgive me for my inappropriate appearance. As for whom I am, mine name is Raphael, and I am the dragon chief of the Wisdom Dragons.

Like I quoth, we hast invited thou to this realm and are expecting thy arrival. I shall explain things later, yet for the meantime, please climb aboard mine back; I shall thoroughly explain things thee." Raphael laid his body lower to allow Kuro and Crescent to climb up.

Kuro experienced a myriad of emotions at the same time with excitement and nervousness at the top. "It is a great honor and pleasure to meet the dragon chief of the Wisdom Dragons. My name is Kuro Takamichi, and he is my butler… Hmn, I guess you can say a companion, Crescent."

Raphael approached Crescent with a hint of vigilance, "Young man, Crescent, I feel that thou are not a simple person and must be powerful. And young man, Kuro, I feel the turbulence of energy inside thy body. Want nay to be too formal, go ahead and climb so we can go ahead."

Fluffy dragons!! Chapter 10 Part 2 will be posted tomorrow. Thank you for reading💙

0