Connors’s Failed Experiment
1.2k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Afternoon. 

State University.

As the last get out of class bell rang.

Andrew slowly stood up from the desk, picked up his schoolbag and was ready to go home.

Early after school today, Andrew wanted to go shopping around to see if there were any shops selling fitness equipment. 

Buy some for home workouts.

Gwen, who had been sitting behind him, immediately stood up. 

Walking to Andrew's side, she said, "I think you shouldn't be in a hurry tonight, right?"

"How do you know?"

Andrew laughed.

"Because you are very slow to collect things today." 

Andrew looked at her with a smile, making Gwen a little embarrassed. She quickly explained: "It happens that I am free now, so I can show you more about the campus." 

"By the way, I'll give you a chance to fulfill yesterday's promise."

"But your father didn't say that in the morning, your mother made delicious food for you to eat at home."

"He does it all the time, actually my mother rarely cooks." 

Gwen laughed.

"That's all right, a beautiful lady like you invites me, and of course I have no reason to refuse." 

"You rejected me yesterday."

There was a hint of displeasure in Gwen's tone. 

This made Andrew's face embarrassed. 

It turns out that girls are so vengeful?

He quickly changed the subject and said, "Then let's go to the campus first, before it's too late."

"Otherwise you won't be able to eat steak." 

Hearing that Andrew still remembered the steak he promised yesterday, Gwen smiled: "Let's go then."
 
The state university occupies a very small area.

Andrew followed Gwen around for nearly an hour, the sun slowly went down, and it was almost the end of the entire State University. 

It also made Andrew sigh for a while. It is indeed the number one university in New York City.

All facilities are complete. 

Covers a variety of laboratories in different fields of science and technology.

"Gwen, what kind of experiment is that over there?"

Andrew saw that a laboratory was relatively new compared to other experiments he had seen along the way. 

And special.

Because of other laboratories, they often have three or four floors. 

Only there is a bungalow. 

It looks a bit out of tune with the surrounding buildings.

"Dr. Connors' reptile laboratory over there." 

"Dr. Connors?"

Hearing this familiar name, Andrew had a faint guess. 

Could it be that Dr. Connors, who researched the regeneration of severed limbs and finally became a lizard monster.

"Yes, Dr. Connors used to be an excellent field doctor, but lost his right arm in a KB attack." 

"He then took a back seat and started biological research." 

"He came to State University two years ago and set up the Reptile Laboratory."

After listening to Gwen's introduction, Andrew was sure that he was Dr. Connors who would become a Lizardman in the future. 

"We're all here, let's go. Let's go in." 

"I'll introduce you to a good friend, he's a genius."

Seeing Gwen's appearance, Andrew had already guessed the identity of her good friend nine times out of ten. 

Future Spider-man Peter Parker. 

Andrew followed in Gwen's footsteps and stepped into Dr. Connors' laboratory together. 

Push the door and enter.

What catches the eye is a variety of glass cabinets that house the reptiles of today's world. 

Some Andrew called by name, and some he couldn't.
 
And Gwen, who was a girl, seemed to be surprised by everything around her, and walked towards the interior of the laboratory. 

Soon, the two of them saw two figures in white coats standing in front of the test bench attentively. 

In the cage in front of the two was a little white rabbit whose front limbs had been amputated. 

One of the younger guys was holding a syringe with a green liquid in it. 

I don't know if it's a drug or what.

"Peter, are you ready?" 

"No problem, Dr. Connors."

The brief conversation immediately allowed Andrew to identify the two. 

"They're doing important experiments, let's leave them alone." 

Gwen whispered in Andrew's ear.

Andrew nodded. He was also curious about whether the tube of genetic medicine in Peter's hand could really regenerate this rabbit's severed limbs. 

He saw Peter holding his breath, inserted the syringe into the rabbit's vein, and then pushed a whole tube of medicine into the rabbit's body. 

After doing this, the two carefully observed the rabbit's reaction. 

Ten minutes later, the rabbit still did not respond. 

Gwen also lost patience, and when he was about to go up to say hello, Andrew grabbed Gwen.

"Wait, that rabbit seems to have changed." 

After cultivating spiritual power, Andrew's perception has surpassed that of ordinary people. 

He could feel something that seemed to really take place in the rabbit's body. 

Can't say good or bad.

In fact, not only Gwen, but even Dr. Connors was a little impatient. 

Logically speaking, a scientist like him should be very patient.

But the non-stop failure in the past two years has completely exhausted his patience. 

Just when he was about to declare a new round of experiments failed.

Peter immediately said, "Dr. Connors, look!" 

Conaston's eyes lit up, and the rabbit in front of him began to respond? 

All along, the genetic medicines developed have either died outright or have no response. 

A few times, the more dangerous thing was that the rabbit's body burst open because it couldn't bear the regeneration speed.
 
But this time, it was rare that the reaction slowly appeared after the injection. 

This gave Dr. Connors a lot of confidence. 

Is it finally going to be successful?

He saw the amputated rabbit in the cage, and its body twitched involuntarily. 

Especially the amputated forelimb, At the moment swayed with a strange frequency. 

It's as if something is going to grow from somewhere.

Dr. Connors and Peter Parker had uncontrollable excitement on their faces At the moment. 

Finally...

Is it finally going to be successful?

The next moment, the rabbit twitched all over. 

Fell down.

Andrew, who was watching from the other side, also twitched the corner of his mouth.

That rabbit is dead! 

That's it?

In front of the test bench, Peter's excited face suddenly froze. 

And Dr. Connors, who was beside him, looked extremely complicated. 

I don't know if it's anger, frustration, or something else. 

He only heard Dr. Connors weakly announce: "The 4796th biological experiment, failed."

Peter slumped when he heard Dr. Connors' announcement. 

"Peter..."

Gwen said softly when she saw Peter's loss. 

...

To be continued...

42