Gwen’s Secret
1.1k 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Connors Biological Laboratory. 

Peter cleans up the mess.

He bought a hamburger and put some food in front of Connors. 

"Doctor, eat something. That's how your body can handle it." 

"Only have the energy to continue experimenting."

Connors smiled helplessly. "No, Peter. This may be our last experiment."

Peter, who was eating a hamburger, suddenly stiffened, not understanding what Connors meant. 

"Doctor, what do you mean?"

"Peter, I think you know. My experiment is funded by the school and Osborn Industries." 

"But in the past few years, my experiments have not made any progress at all."

"Osborn industry and schools have started to issue ultimatums if I don't make substantial progress within a week's time." 

Having said that, Connors paused, his expression complicated. 

Peter also thought about what Connors would say next, but he didn't want to believe it.

But Connors took a deep breath and added: "The Osborn industry and the school will withdraw my funding." 

"Recycle all my current experimental research results."

After saying the last word, Connors slumped on the sofa as if he was exhausted. 

He also understood in his heart. 

He had been experimenting for two years, but there was no real progress. 

How could it be possible in the last week to successfully develop a genetic medicine that can regenerate a severed limb?

"Dr. Connors, don't we have a chance?" 

"And one last..." 

As he spoke, Peter's voice became much smaller. 

Obviously, he also has no confidence that such a drug can be developed within a week. 

But this is his only chance to make a name for himself. 

He didn't want to give up either.
 
But can the current predicament be overcome? 

Peter's heart is also in the dark. 

The laboratory suddenly fell silent, except for the rustling sound from the glass cabinet. 

"Peter, go back first. It's been a long time since you went home early to accompany Ben and the others."

"But, Doctor..."

Dr. Connors smiled and said, "Don't worry, I'm fine." 

"You go back first, and I'll sort out the experimental data over the years. Maybe there will be special gains." 

Peter finally nodded hard. 

Compared with his own comfort, what Dr. Connors needs now is a person to calm down and think. 

When Peter left, Connors was the only one left in the lab. 

Connors scratched the empty sleeve on his right hand, and sighed a long: "Alas..."

Then he stood up and looked at the test bench, the rabbit that had just died. 

Suddenly, Connors' pupils shrank sharply. 

"How is this going?"

Although it is very subtle, Connors believes that he is wrong every time. 

In the amputated front limb of the rabbit, the muscles there seem to be beating!

Connors immediately rummaged through the test bench. 

Find a magnifying glass and put it in front of you. 

Carefully observe the position of the muscle beating. 

At this moment, Connors was sure that he was not mistaken. 

Later, Connors found the stethoscope by rummaging again. 

Immediately put the stethoscope on the rabbit's heart. 

When he heard it, an extremely subtle beating sound came from the front of the stethoscope. 

This time.

Dr. Connors couldn't hold back his smile any longer: "Hahaha, I succeeded." 

"I knew there was nothing wrong with my decay formula, it was a matter of dose, it was a matter of dose." 

"Hahaha..."
 
Connors' laughter lingered throughout the laboratory. 

Incredibly cheerful.

Thirteen blocks.

Andrew took Gwen out of the restaurant, both of them were full. 

"Thank you, what a pleasant dinner." 

"Me too."

Andrew said. 

Definitely, Andrew is more happy to see Tony's news. 

And discovering Phil Coulson agent and Happy can only be regarded as a windfall. 

"Then I think I should go back."

Gwen shyly fiddled with his fingers and said to Andrew. 

"You're all here, are you sure you can't come to my house?" 

"Your home?"

"Uh-huh!"

Andrew pointed to a luxury apartment opposite. 

"You mean, you live on this. But you're not..." Gwen realized he was wrong.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." 

Andrew smiled and said, "Who stipulated that orphans must have no money." 

"Come on, go up and sit down." 

"Inviting friends to sit at home for a while is also one of the fine traditional cultures of our ancient oriental country."

"Okay, I also want to wonder what a boy like you is like at home." 

"Let's lead the way, Mr. Andrew." 

...

"The scenery here is so beautiful!" 

On the balcony, Gwen blew the evening breeze. 

The golden hair fluttered in the wind, which looked particularly charming in the night scene. 

Andrew poured out two cups of warm water from the house and handed a cup to Gwen: "The tea I ordered has not been delivered yet, so I will have it soon."
 
Gwen took the water from Andrew's hand with a smile and said, "Definitely, unfortunately there is no wine." 

"Your dad's a policeman, if I drink. He'll arrest me."

Gwen Psst smiled and then said, "Andrew, you know? Dad was my idol when I was young." 

"Oh? What about now?"

"Now, I think he's annoying and always likes me." 

"You know, because of his relationship, I haven't had a boyfriend since junior high school." 

"There aren't even any good friends of the opposite sex."

This really surprised Andrew. 

Guys, does that mean Gwen in front of me?

Still a baby!

In a society as open to the extreme as the Beautiful Country, Gwen can still remain clean and pure at this age. 

It was true that Andrew was a little surprised. 

But that's fine too, isn't it? 

"Maybe your dad just wanted to protect you." 

Andrew felt that George did a good job. 

He saw Gwen raised the corners of his charming mouth and said proudly, "I don't need his protection."

"Andrew, let me tell you a secret." 

"Secret?"

"When I was a child, I regarded my father as an idol, so I hope that when I grow up, I can punish the wicked and uphold justice like my father." 

"Even now, this idea has not changed." 

"So I have learned some boxing skills in private. The average person may not be able to beat me."

Andrew's face was stunned. 

Dude, is this still the helpless Gwen Stacy he knows?

...

To be continued...

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - There Are Advanced Chapters Up to 165!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

43