The Emperor vs Magneto (4 – End)
362 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Countless black iron sand surrounded Magneto's body. The pieces Andrew had shattered were now gathered overhead like a black cloud. 

"If I had this power back then..." Magneto looked at his hands, satisfied. The X-gene's enhancement had evolved his mutant power to a new level. 

After the Emperor's defeat, Magneto felt his ideal of ruling the world was near. "Emperor, as a gift, I'll allow you a good death - behold!"

Magneto raised his hand gracefully. The iron sand converged into dozens of black streams, blasting at Andrew.

"Interesting." Andrew's body flickered, dodging instantly. The sand streams collided and exploded into a sandy rain overhead. 

Under Magneto's control, the streams kept attacking Andrew. While evading, Andrew shattered them all with his Emperor's Aurora Sword. But Magneto could always regather the sand.

In the air, the jet black streams were like poisonous snakes, ceaselessly biting at Andrew. Watching him be chased, Magneto regained the pleasure of controlling life and death. 

"Hahaha..."

"Emperor, what happened to your energy from before?" 

"I said, playing hero like the others comes with a price." Raising his other hand, Magneto made the iron sand beneath him shoot upwards too.

"And the price is...death!" 

In an instant, the sand from sky and ground converged, completely surrounding Andrew.

"This X-gene, it's a bit like a Devil Fruit..." Watching Magneto's display, Andrew muttered interestedly: "The products of genetic change do seem similar. But the X-gene's limit should be higher."

In his impression, even the strongest Devil Fruit abilities could only reach climate-scale at most. But mutant powers went as far as remaking the universe - the scale was completely different despite the eastern-western similarities. 

Just then, Magneto's controlled sand grew closer. Like two thick iron walls closing in on him. Andrew stopped in place, gripping his sword with both hands and stabbing down at the sand beneath his feet.

Magneto said confidently below: "Useless, Emperor. My power now is completely different. The force between my sand grains is at a molecular level. Even a meteor wouldn't break my wall!"

Watching the swollen Magneto, Andrew sneered: "It's the same for me - equally useless!"

He twisted the sword hilt. Powerful energy traveled through the blade into the sand wall below. Countless cracks immediately appeared, golden light bursting out. 

Watching this, Magneto's expression shifted from arrogance to disbelief, finally to panic. "No, no...impossible!" 

He clenched his fists. "Absolutely impossible! I'll crush you to pieces..."

Releasing all his power put huge burden on Magneto's aged body. Soon he felt blood dripping from his nose, though his focus was still on closing the wall Andrew had broken. 

Andrew also noticed the previously rough sand beneath him was now smooth as a mirror, faintly glowing. "Interesting."

He stood straight and drew his sword, lightly touching his belt. A brown energy card with strange converging patterns appeared, representing the Chinese character for 'Earth'. 

Lighting the card with his sword turned it into golden light that merged into the blade. Originally golden, the Emperor's Aurora Sword now had a heavy, earthy brown glow.

"Emperor Earthshatter!"

Andrew took off and slashed down. From his sword, an unbelievably powerful thick brown energy gathered into a massive slash.

Boom! The ground smashed as it hit Magneto's wall with irresistible destructive force. 

"What power is this!" Magneto felt his magnetic barrier disintegrating. Already bleeding from the strain, he had little time left. But winning was impossible anyway.

Click! In the sky, a crisp sound was like the straw breaking the camel's back. A small crack appeared on the formerly smooth mirror-like wall, rapidly spreading as dazzling brown light shone through until it covered the entire structure.

Despite his efforts, Magneto could not stop the cracks spreading virus-like, the clicking sound endless.

Boom! A deafening blast sounded, the entire mountain range violently shaking. Smoke and dust filled the air. Magneto's body flew back, heavily hitting the ground. Face covered in blood, he was extremely pale. But his eyes remained fixed on the explosion's center. 

Countless massive iron blocks fell from the sky - the original sand transmuted into lump form by his magnetism. Soon the sky cleared. Looking at the figure floating above, Magneto no longer knew whether to feel angry or afraid. After an intense battle, the Heavenly Emperor didn't have a single scratch. Meanwhile, he was utterly spent. 

"Hahaha..."

Struggling up, Magneto's helmet fell off. "Emperor, you're so strong. Unfortunately you choose to be a superhero protecting worthless humans. You'll inevitably be betrayed by those you protect!"

Nobody knew the humans' dark side better than him. As he spoke, Magneto raised his hands again. The fallen iron blocks slowly rose, morphing into countless different sized sharp iron spikes all pointed at Andrew.

"Even if I die, I won't let you feel better! With such dense attacks, you can't dodge or deflect. As long as a speck enters your body, I can make us buried together!"

Blood covered Magneto's ferocious face. He swung both hands at Andrew. The spikes shot like a violent storm. Andrew's sword thorned out.

A "Wood" icon exited his belt, attaching to the sword as starlight. At the same time, vast white wings unfolded behind him. 

Hurricane force winds gathered and condensed into spikes around Andrew's body. More and more spikes filled the air densely. 

"Emperor Windbreaker!"

The wind spikes fell, meeting Magneto's iron and instantly penetrating. The powerful shredding force reduced the formed cones back into loose sand. 

Magneto roared in anger, despair and unwillingness. None of the black spikes could pierce Andrew's wind thorns, all ground back into powdered sand falling from the air. 

Some wind thorns passed through gaps, stabbing straight at Magneto. In an instant, one thorn pierced Magneto's thigh. More followed, seven or eight in total, leaving him unable to maintain his technique. Fortunately Andrew's wind thorns were nearly spent too. 

Staggering back, looking at the thorns in his body, Magneto couldn't help a wry sneer - he never imagined dying like this. He thought he would lead mutants to glory, ruling mankind. But that dream was ending.

If only he hadn't encountered this damned Emperor! So strong, too strong! "Why is this!" 

"Are mutants destined to be crushed by humans?"

Noticing the golden light appear before him, Magneto said: "Emperor, you've won..." 

"From the start, it wasn't about saving anyone or being a hero. I'm too lazy for that." Andrew said slowly: 

"My life's belief is simple - don't provoke me, I won't provoke you either. Since you wanted me dead, you should've expected I'd kill you instead."

Hearing this, a figure suddenly crossed Magneto's mind. "Hahaha...so you are..." 

His voice grew fainter until it faded completely. Having lost all strength, Magneto toppled back, only realizing at the end that his plan was doomed from the very beginning...

Watching Magneto fall, Andrew glanced in another direction on the horizon. Tony slowly landed the Mark 6, looking disbelievingly at the messy mountains.

"Did you have a bomb party here?"

Andrew looked at Tony curiously: "Why did you come?"

Tony spoke frankly: "J.A.R.V.I.S detected rapidly decreasing iron ore in these mountains. Found you two fighting here on the satellite." 

Glancing around the battle's aftermath, Tony embarrassingly added: "But seems you have it handled."

Though unsaid, Andrew knew Tony had come to help him. Yes, if anything happened, Tony would really come along. Such loyalty was admirable. 

Noticing Magneto's body, Tony asked: "You...killed him?"

Andrew nodded. "He wanted me dead, so of course I didn't need to keep him around. Let's go, no need to linger since someone will come for the body."

With that, he disappeared instantly. Accustomed to Andrew's coming and going unpredictably, Tony just waved a goodbye. Looking at the once almighty Magneto lying dead, he couldn't help but sigh and fly off.

On the S.H.I.E.L.D mothership, all agents stared stunned at the screen, struggling to believe the battle had been real. If not seen on their satellite feed, they'd have thought it some new Hollywood movie. 

Hill was the first to recover, calling Fury. As soon as he picked up, Hill said: "Magneto's dead. Killed by the Emperor..."

To be continued...

12