Chapter 14
186 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 

 

Once I arrived at the academy I headed to the nobles entrance. 

 

I saw many children the same age as me as I viewed their status windows. 

 

Their abilities weren’t even as good as mine. 

 

That is to be expected from Nobles though, many of them we're housed and privileged. 

 

Unlike me, I believe I fit in with the Commoner more, since I was never treated right ever since birth. 

 

The children in the noble entrance wore many fancy and luxurious clothes to the exam. 

 

But I wore my new robe that Branch Leader gave me. 

 

Looking at my exam ticket I had to make my way to test room 1, 

 

Test room 1 is apparently the testing room for F-Ranked Skills. 

 

This world is judge-mental, so it all depends on your skill. 

 

It's a sad reality that I've been facing. 

 

I finally arrived at Room 1, the room had many kids, some Extroverts and some Introverts. 

 

While I had nobody at all to talk to I just sat down and minded my own business waiting for the first test to start. 

 

While I was looking through my Status, I heard whispers. 

 

"Look at his hair color," "How is he so beautiful," "What is he doing here?" 

 

I payed no mind, it doesn't matter to me if there's someone with beauty in this room. 

 

After 5 minutes, the instructors finally arrived. 

 

"Settle down, the written test will begin in a couple of minutes," said the instructor. 

 

The other people in the room passed around the papers and the exam finally got to me. 

 

"You may begin!" The instructor yelled with passion. 

 

And with that I started my exam. 

 

Before coming I thought that the exam was going to be hard, but Relief filled my head as I read the questions. 

 

The questions were of primary school level and some questions were about the basics. 

 

What is the source of magic? What is 4+4? 

 

Questions like these were too easy for me. 

 

These are super easy questions so let's just answer them correctly! 

 

When the exam was over, I heard many students saying that the exam was hard. 

 

We were moved to another Testing Area to take our physicals. 

 

I guess this is the hard part of the Entrance Exam. 

 

Students placed their hands on a crystal to see their magic affinity. 

 

Of course, Since I hid all my other affinities I got Lightning. 

 

Lightning is kind of cool if I think about it. 

 

Then I had to hit the target with my magic. 

 

I could tell the instructors were surprised since not many students could shoot magic. 

 

"Woah Lightning!" Some Kids said. 

 

That's right, this magic is cool, isn't it? 

 

And after that we tested our agility and strength. 

 

I had to hold back quite a bit to match an 8 year old. 

 

I don't want to blow my cover and be used by the kingdom here. But I still need to get 1st place in order to get more experience. 

 

I thought the others wouldn't do go since they were 8 year olds. 

 

However, a couple of kids managed to hit the target; non-magic users didn’t even pass the magic test. 

 

Then, we moved to the physical abilities test, a test of strength, speed, and endurance. This time I will hold back on this test. 

 

On the first part, we measured our strength by throwing a heavy ball. Strength would be measured on how far you would be able to throw it. 

 

I doubt they want a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds to throw a heavy ball so I will aim for a small number. 

 

And so, I grabbed the ball and threw it, it landed on the mark that I thought was the best. 

 

Obviously for me I stronger than that but I managed to hold back. 

 

Then the speed test was next, this time it was a timed obstacle course, based on who can run through the course in the shortest time.  

 
 
I also managed to hold back, being able to watch the other kids I found out that the average time was around 20 seconds, some outliers had managed to do it in less than 15 seconds. 

 

So I also tried to get less than 10 seconds to complete it. 

 

And so, I thought, rather than tests, these are more like scouting. Military scouting to be precise. Because who would do a speed test on an obstacle course. 

 

Rather it would be on a flat area with no obstacles where you can measure your time faster. 

 

This made me think the kingdom is recording this for future recruitment; I have no interest in signing up and fighting for the kingdom though. For me, that would be like losing my freedom. 

 

Next was the endurance race, like the last test, they ran us through a little endurance test to run for an hour straight without resting. 

 

Many potential students failed this test, and this was the first test that I acted tired towards the end. 

 

It wasn’t because I wanted to hold back, I wanted to match up my physical abilities and my Magic abilities. Like some Mages tend to be smarted but weaker than Physical people. 

 

Also, there were 4 kids that managed to reach the end without getting tired. It was amazing too, to be able to complete this test/ 

 

Yet again surprising me. “This is hard!”, “No one told me there would be an endurance test!”, many test takers said. 

 

“This is completely unfair! They have physical time skills!” students complained but the instructor ignored them. 

 
I also think some people would be able to complete that test without physical skills, all you have to do is train a lot. Like me, but at the same time my stats are also boosted a lot. 

 

“Well done, that was the last test for the Entrance Exam, you will be notified if you passed, please follow me out,” said the instructor stroking his beard. 

 

He led us out to the school gate where everyone was already finished. Instead of going home, some kids stayed and chatted with each other. However, I was already tired, so I readied to get home. 

 

While leaving the gate I was tapped on the shoulder. 

 

“U-Uhm, Can I ask for your... ehh name?” a nervous sounding voice spoke out to me, stuttering. 

I turned around to find a cute girl standing behind me, without further ado I answered her question. 

“I’m Adrian, you?” I simply responded with my name. 

 

“O-O my na-me is Zane” she responded still clearly shy. 

 

Her face was red, now that I could look closely and describe her, what can I say, I mean she was just like any other kid here.  

 

But she had commoner look, not that I’m discriminating, but she has brown hair. The only distinctive measure I saw was a small mole on the side of her eye. 

 

“Do I have anything to do with you?” I asked, this seemed quite rude, but I didn’t want to take much time. I need to make more money to ensure my futureee! 

 

“No uhm I just wanted to ask,” she responded to my question, after that she said bye and left. 

 

Well enough to that, I ran home to fix myself up and clean up. Then I have to go by the guild and inform Branch Leader. 

 


 

As soon as I got home, I took my school outfit off and put on my adventuring set. 

 

Then headed towards the guild where I was greeted by the Guild Receptionist. 

 

She asked me how it went, and I responded. 

 

“It was rather easy, I think I got 1st place, but I mustn't be too cocky,”  

 

“Well, you would sure rank 1st, I mean you are a B-Rank adventurer Afterall,” she replied. 

 

After that the Branch Leader came and congratulated me. 

 

“I still haven’t gotten my results yet,” I didn’t know why he congratulated me before my results arrival. 

 

“I know you’ll pass, and if you don’t, I'll have to personally speak with the academy,” he responded. 

 

I mean he right, if I don’t pass I wouldn't be able to know what I did wrong in order to not pass.  

 

Well today I came to collect something from him, he gave me my B-Rank adventurer card. 

 

It had a black and gold design, just like my robe, and it said B-Rank Adventurer Adrian Von Veridian. 

 

I was glad that I’m finally B-Rank Certified, and now I can use my power to not be bullied hahaha. 

 

Enough of that, after a short talk telling him how I did, I went home. 

 

“Hmm, what do I want to do today?” I questioned myself stroking my chin. Although I don’t have hair there yet, it helps me think things through. 

 

Alright, I got it, Let's explore the castle today, I post phoned that for a bit and I think it times now.  

 

I need to grasp all the abilities of the Castle and use them for my Future. 

 

I must be rich enough to not be chained by the Kingdom, and Level up enough so that the Caste will be the ultimate fortress and my safe space. 

 

And so I summoned the gate and arrived in the castles “Control Room” to see that the castle was in the same location as yesterday. 

 

Apparently when I asked Panel why it was already out. 

 

“When you open a gate, the castle will automatically be summoned,” it said. 

 

UH, this power is just too overpowered anyway you see it. I mean look, I’m just able to open a gate anywhere I want and teleport to the Caste. 

 

“Anyways, it’s time to get to business!” I said to myself excited to explore all of the Castle’s Places. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED

11