Prologue 
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue 

Millions of lights away lies the domain of the Gods, Takamagahara. Takamagahara is an ethereal realm where only Gods and their most beloved servants are allowed entry. This celestial space is adorned with floating islands of light pink grass and snow-white cherry blossoms in endless bloom. The petals scatter across the Godly plane continuously, as if never-ending. Light doesn't shine down within the godly plane; instead, it is emitted by the Gods themselves. The islands are each beacons of holy light, brighter than any star seen by mortals.

 

Standing proudly in a procession are breathtakingly beautiful men and women of various humanoid species, each one chosen as servants of the Gods. At the lead are the divine beings themselves, appearing human but distinguished by their height and the light emanating from every pore.

 

The figures shine so brightly that the rays make it difficult for even the favored to look upon their beloved lords, but the fervent servants stubbornly stare in adoration below the feet of the divine. The air is filled with a harmonious blend of celestial music and whispers of the kami, resonating with the profound energy of creation and existence.

 

Ten processions make their way to the grandest island of the realm. The entire island is encompassed by a hall, the place where the Shinto gods convene to discuss the fate of worlds. A divine and otherworldly atmosphere prevails throughout the divine realm, but here, even the chosen's chanting of "Kami" ceases. The grand hall is adorned with shimmering hues of materials more majestic and fantastical than any gold or silver. Each brick of the hall shines like a diamond, reflecting the light of the Gods. The hall itself stretches endlessly forward, with only the glistening gems of the chandeliers visible. Each tile gives the feeling of refreshment to those walking upon them, while each pillar evokes terror in the beholder, forcing them to question their own insignificance. These elements add to the sacredness of the meeting hall of the Gods.

 

Each procession comes to a halt before the steps of the Grand Hall. Upon these steps, no being besides the holies of divinities has ever stepped foot. The servants, with bowing heads, present their farewell to their beloved lords and will remain in this position until their return.

 

The ten divinities begin ascending the magnificent steps leading to their Grand Hall. They start in unison, but the time it takes them to reach the top of the stairs displays and differentiates their power.

 

The first to reach the top is a feminine figure with radiant red hair, equally red eyes and lips, adorned in elegant golden-colored robes. She is Amaterasu, the Sun Goddess and leader of all Gods.

 

The next to reach the top is a hulking masculine figure with bright ocean-blue hair and eyes that mirror the oceanic abyss. He wears blue robes with swirling patterns of thunderclouds. He is Susanoo, the divine of the seas and storms, and brother of the Sun.

 

The third of the siblings and third in strength is Tsukuyomi. Serene and graceful, with silvery hair and pupils, he gives observers a feeling of tranquility and natural allure. Even his gaze is calming and relaxed. He is the God of the moon.

 

The Sun, the Sea, and the Moon are above all other Gods and rule them for eternity. It is only after these three are in the center of the hall that the rest of the gods follow, rising step by step.

 

The thrones of the Gods are also in ascending order, placed in a large circle to accommodate the 10 divines. The Sun is the first to take her seat, followed by the Sea and the Moon; the last of the siblings takes his seat. After the three, all other Gods also seat themselves.

 

Then one of the lower Gods arises and walks to the center. He appears wise and scholarly, Omoikane, the god of wisdom and intelligence. He presents to his audience with a clean and neat appearance in a black robe. His pupils are sharp and intelligent black, and his expression is contemplative with a slight frown, as if lost in thought.

 

The scholarly God stands in front of the Sun and slightly bows. Amaterasu nods her head, and Omoikane begins.

 

“Greetings to the Three Great Divines and to all my fellow divinities. We will begin our epoch meeting to decide the fates of the myriad worlds.” Omoikane's deep and dignified voice spreads across the magnificent hall.

 

“On the list of meetings are the birth of planets E2 through G77. These planets are finally sustainable after sterilization of the previous inhabitants.”

 

Susanoo cuts off Omoikane with an angry growl, “I had to pound those creatures with so much lightning and water. So annoying.”

 

Omoikane only nods and adds without minding his rude behavior at all, “Yes, agreeing with the Sea. The mortals have become more tenacious and require more effort to exterminate. We should revert back to using pesticides and illness for sterilization.”

 

Many gods nod their heads at this conclusion.

 

Suddenly, the Sun inquires without expression, “Which planets are on the list for sterilization? Since so many of them have been sterilized recently.”

 

Omoikane replies, “Replying to the Sun, there are many planets with inhabitants growing, but one planet, in particular, has peculiar inhabitants. They have made significant changes to further their own growth. In a rapid fashion, they have sought to greatly damage the planet. The inhabitants have become more akin to parasites than common residents.”

 

The moon raises a question with a slight smile that never leaves his handsome face, “How fast has the damage to the planet occurred?”

 

Omoikane, for the first time, makes an uncomfortable expression and states, “Replying to the Moon, in less than a quarter of a millennia.”

 

There is a sudden pause in the discussion. Then all the lesser Gods make an uproar, saying, “That's impossible” or “The information must be false somehow.”

 

Amidst the uproar, Susanoo roars, “How can that be possible? It takes millions of years to make planets in the first place. It's impossible to destroy it so fast.”

 

The uproar becomes louder, and Amaterasu raises her hand. The hall immediately returns to silence. The authority of the sun is unmatched, and no God dare question it. Amaterasu does not say a word and only looks at the scholar, the question being transmitted to Omoikane instantly.

 

With his face back to neutral, he replies, “The information was verified, and through calculations, the planet does not have more than a millennia until it becomes inhospitable to life.”

 

The Moon, with his usual smirk, says, “Well, let's have them kill each other then.”

 

*************************

 

“And this is the femur, F-E-M-U-R, femur. It is the largest bone in the human body, but guess what? It breaks the most!”

 

Says a young college professor while jumping on the top of his desk in front of a large university auditorium. He is a handsome and tall Caucasian man with jet-black dark hair. His attire is clean and neat, wearing a creaseless white dress shirt, navy blue tie, straight black slacks, all under his bright white lab coat.

 

Even his immature behavior cannot hide his dignity as an educator, nor can it hide the

 

 passion he has for his work. The students are engrossed in his lecture while every hop makes the information more and more memorable.

 

After the lecture is over, the professor is the last one to leave his auditorium, but even from within, he can see the crowd of students and faculty alike standing, unwilling to leave.

 

Gathering his things, the young lecturer walks out only to be left stunned, like everyone else. The full moon seems to have grown multiple sizes, and half of it changed color. The only thing he could imagine that would be close to this color would have to be...

0