Chapter 0: Alex
8 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, now what?"

A young man muttered a question aimed only at himself. He stood alone in front of the entrance gate of a leading magic academy.

From the clothes he wore, other people would think that he was a student from the academy. This kind of assumption could actually be said to be wrong because he had just held a graduation ceremony in the main field of the academy. In other words, he is now officially unemployed.

The name of this young man is Alexander, who is usually called Alex by everyone. In his six years of study at the academy, he focused his abilities on summoning magic to the point where he became the best graduate in the field of learning summoning magic.

Honestly, that's nothing extraordinary. The reason Alex sought knowledge at this academy was because of coercion from his teacher who had taught Alex since childhood.

However, Alex was very satisfied because his great value would definitely bring him a job with high wages in the future. After several years of living among humans, Alex finally realized that being rich was an obligation.

Now he no longer hesitates when asked about his life goals. He will loudly say 'Being rich is my life goal'

Honestly, such desires arise from Alex's feelings of envy towards people who can get their desires just because they have abundant wealth.

But that is the problem. Alex doesn't know the best way to make money quickly using only his fighting skills.

'Gosh... is there no other job for a summoning magic user like me besides being an adventurer?'

In his little heart he screamed for enlightenment.

Alex's only skill is fighting skills and therefore the only job he can do must be related to fighting, including being an adventurer.

Actually, there was a job offer that had been made to him before graduation, namely to become a royal soldier, but he was not at all interested in accepting the offer.

Alex knew that even though he was the best graduate and received a direct offer that was guaranteed to be accepted without tests to enter the army, he would still receive harsh treatment as a junior who had become entrenched in the military.

Apart from that, he also didn't like the strict and tiring military regulations.

He just wants to live freely without many restrictive rules. That means the only legitimate job left for summoning magic users seems to be being an adventurer.

Adventurer is a kind of job with running duties requests provided by the adventurer's guild. There are tons of tasks available ranging from clearing the sewers to subjugating demon kings. Each request is arranged in such a way that it can only be done by a certain class of adventurer according to their abilities.

F class requests for f class adventurers and so on until the top one is a class A request for a class A adventurer. In fact, being an adventurer is a promising job because of the many monsters that have appeared lately. Monster extermination are also one of the tasks that can be completed by adventurers.

So should Alex choose to become an adventurer?

'I'll just try it later, if you don't feel like it, just leave.'

With thoughts and plans starting to form in his mind, Alex started walking away from the gate.

0