Chapter 3 – Beginning of the end
21 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This was our reporter Vanessa from United Nation HQ New York, as everyone can see the UDF is confident in defending earth, Humanity will win this war.”

“Yes just like how anchor Julie said we will definitely win this war and experts also believe even though the aliens are said to be capable of interstellar travel their military capabilities cannot be of the same level and even if it is, the fleet coming to earth can’t be in large enough number to pose a risk to the the UDF and Earth.”

“These officials and reporters always like to whitewash everything aliens capable of interstellar travel won’t be afraid of our pea shooters”

In a dim room with the only light coming from the television , a young gloomy looking teenager was listening the latest news report from the ABC news even though the anchors were hopeful for the future , the young man living in single room apartment of New York, Manhattan was still contemplating about how to escape his bullies tomorrow in school but curiosity about those visitors from outer space  and his inability to escape from those bullies made his mind came back to the news.

As he was thinking about the latest news, he was feeling that there was something wrong.

"Something doesn't seem right," he said.

"Why would the aliens reveal their presence to us before attacking? Why not just come and attack us without warning?"

"They must have a reason."

"What could it be?"

He thought about it for a while and then an idea popped into his head.

"Maybe they're testing us," he said.

"They want to see how we respond to a threat."

"Maybe they're trying to find out if we're capable of fighting back."

"They want to know if we're strong enough to stand up to them."

"Maybe they're just trying to scare us."

"If they wanted to destroy us, they could have done it a long time ago."

“Or maybe something is stopping them to attack us now…..like how my bullies won’t act against me in front of teachers”

"But what is stopping them?"

"What could it be?"

He didn't know the answer to those questions, but he was sure that the aliens were up to something.

"Something is not right," he said.

“Jake open up you little shit”

“You don’t want a repeat of yesterday now do you?”

“Well I don’t mind some warmup”

“Hahaha”

Repeated beating of door and loud laughter can be heard from outside the door, the boy clicks his tongue in annoyance.

“Tch even after alien invasion don’t those fuckers have something better to do”

He opened the door and came face to face with his three bullies.

The leader of the group was a muscular tall and handsome looking guy, the two followers were of average looks but not lacking in muscles.

He was short and skinny with glasses, the three bullies were wearing their school uniforms.

"What do you want" he said in an annoyed tone.

"Now now don't be like that" said the leader.

"We don’t mean any harm , we just want to talk"

"Talk about what"

"About your mom"

"What about her"

"How did she die"

"She died in a car accident"

"Oh really"

"Yeah, really"

"I heard she died while having sex with a truck driver"

“Son of a bitch you say one more word from that rotten mouth of yours and you will regret it”

“To be honest I couldn’t bother more but if you don’t want this to be the new talk of the class then you better pay us some hush money….let’s see how about 100 dollars….ya sounds about right”

"You fucking bastard"

"Now now don't get so worked up, I was just kidding"

"Yeah, we were just joking around"

"Come on let's go but don’t forget the 100 bucks”

“We even take instalments with no interest hahaha”

“You can decide 100 bucks or the hospital, the freedom of choice is with you”

With that the three bullies left leaving the boy angry and frustrated.

Even in the age of advanced technology, humans can still be cruel and vicious towards each other.

He hated this life, he wanted to run away from all this, but he couldn't. He was trapped.

He went inside and sat on his bed, thinking about what had just happened.

Suddenly he heard a voice from the television.

"The aliens are here! They're landing on Earth! It's the beginning of the end!"

He looked at the screen and saw an image of a giant spacecraft descending from the sky.

The boy's heart began to race as he realized what was happening.

He grabbed his backpack and ran out of his apartment.

Our first protagonist enters the story.

3