Chapter 5 – Enemy or Friend?
11 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We have been watching you for a long time, and we have decided to make contact with you."

"We have travelled a long way to be here, and we hope that you will welcome us."

"We bring gifts from our world, and we hope that we can learn more about yours."

"I have come here as a symbol of peace, and I hope that we can build a relationship of mutual understanding and respect."

As soon as the alien finished speaking his words which was for some reason though spoken softly appeared like directly in mind there was a rumbling noise in the surrounding

“Extra-terrestrial lifeform disarm your weapon and raise your hands I repeat rais-” the man from the helicopter was suddenly cut off and the sound of the chopper crashing was heard.

Jake saw the alien pull out some sort of gun and shoot the helicopter with it

The blue skinned alien turned around and started walking back into his ship and the door closed behind him.

A moment later, the spaceship took off and flew away.

There was silence in the room, and everyone looked at each other.

No one knew what to say.

The sound of helicopters and military jeeps filled the air, and the soldiers started pouring into the street.

Jake and the young boy and girl were pushed aside as the soldiers made their way towards the crash site.

"What just happened?" asked the girl.

"I don't know" said the boy.

"I can't believe the aliens are here"

"Yeah, it's really cool"

"I wonder what they're like"

"Me too"

The sound of gunshots interrupted their conversation, and they looked towards the crash site.

The soldiers were shooting at the downed helicopter, and there was no sign of movement.

"I think they're dead" said the girl.

"I think so too" said the boy.

"They must have died when the helicopter crashed"

"Yeah"

They watched as the soldiers secured the area and began loading the bodies into trucks.

The sound of gunshots filled the air again, and the soldiers began firing at the crowd.

"Oh my god, they're shooting at us!" shouted the boy.

"Run!"

They ran for their lives, as the soldiers shot at them.

Jake the thin boy with a gloomy face and glasses and the girl and boy ran into the nearby building and hid in a closet.

They were out of breath and shaking with fear.

"What's going on?" whispered the boy.

"I don't know" replied the girl.

They heard footsteps outside the closet and froze.

“Shh quiet down or they will hear you” said Jake.

They held their breath as the footsteps stopped outside the closet door.

Suddenly, the door opened and a soldier pointed his gun at them.

"Get out" he said.

"Please, don't hurt us!" Said the girl exposing the boy too just leaving Jake due to his thin build shivering in the corner, fortunately for him he was in the soldiers blind spot

"We didn't do anything wrong!" said the boy.

"Shut up" said the soldier.

"Now get out or I'll shoot"

"Okay, okay, we're coming" said the girl.

They stepped out of the closet and the soldier marched them down the hall.

They came to a room and the soldier opened the door.

Inside, there was a table and some chairs.

"Sit down" said the soldier.

Both of them sat down but the girl eyes lingered towards the door Jake was now hiding beside

"Stay there and don't move" said the soldier.

"Yes, sir" said the girl.

The soldier left the room and locked the door.

They sat there for a while, not saying anything.

Jake was now listening to the conversation in the room by putting his ears on the now locked door hoping for some answers…..answers to almost every bizarre things happened to them and luckily for him the soldier soon cleared his doubts.

"So, what's going on?" asked the boy to the soldier

"I'm not sure, but it doesn't look good" said the soldier.

"They're killing everyone"

"Why?"

"I don't know, but it's like they're on a mission"

"What do you mean?"

"I saw one of them, and it looked like they were looking for someone"

"Who?"

"I don't know"

"This is crazy"

"I know"

"We need to get out of here"

"I don't know how"

“But aren’t you a soldier” asked the girl in a loud voice

"Shh" said the boy.

"Someone will hear you"

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay"

"But how are we going to get out of here?" Asked the girl once again

“I don’t know we were tasked to clear everything but I couldn’t kill kids like you and I had a feeling the ‘everything’ included me too so the kid listening outside the door you can come in.” said the soldier

Jake the thin boy with glasses stepped inside the room realising the door wasn’t locked.

"How did you know I was there?" asked Jake

"I had a feeling" said the soldier.

Next chapter will come in few minutes

3