Chapter 30: Entering the Finals
420 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30: Entering the Finals

The year-end competition was attended by all students.

According to the rules, students of the same grade would draw lots, and based on the drawn numbers, corresponding pairs would compete against each other.

Of course, for the other matches, the audience had little anticipation. Except for some children's parents, most people were eagerly awaiting the match between Tang San and Su Yun.

"Click, is that Tang San?"

"Hiss—he's only seven years old? And his martial soul is clearly a waste martial soul, Blue Silver Grass, but he can effortlessly defeat another beast martial soul battle spirit master."

"I heard that his first soul ring comes from a four-hundred-year-old Man-faced Demon Spider. It is said to be part of the master's 'Top Ten Core Competencies of Martial Souls' theory, where a plant martial soul can absorb an animal soul ring."

"Could it be that the master is really different from what's said outside? Is he really that strong?"

"To be able to teach a child with a waste martial soul like this in just one year, maybe we really misunderstood the master before."

"..."

In the audience, many people, witnessing Tang San's performance, silently praised his strength. At the same time, their perception of Yu Xiaogang also underwent a slight change.

"Is that child Su Yun?"

At this moment, the previous match had ended, and Su Yun, holding a spear, entered the competition area.

Facing him was another first-year student.

"Yeah, I heard he, like the master's disciple Tang San, possesses innate full soul power Blue Silver Grass."

"But why is he holding a spear?"

"I don't know, but I heard that this kid named Su Yun is very skilled in spearplay. Even some older students often lose to him in sparring."

"..."

Under the audience's whispers, the match between Su Yun and the other child had begun.

Since it was a match among classmates, the spear Su Yun held today was just an ordinary practice spear. Not only did it lack a spear tip, but a thick layer of cloth covered the top, filled with cotton inside to prevent accidents.

"The match begins."

The teacher's voice fell, and the boy standing opposite Su Yun immediately spoke.

"Martial soul possession!"

The next second, the boy's muscles instantly swelled.

His originally frail figure had become as robust as an adult.

"Bear Martial Soul! This child has awakened the Bear Martial Soul!"

"The Bear Martial Soul adds the most strength to soul masters. Can Su Yun defeat him?"

"If his first soul skill is entanglement, like Tang San's, he might be able to restrain this kid."

"This... I heard that Tang San absorbed a four-hundred-year-old Man-faced Demon Spider soul ring that the master deliberately found for him. Without the master's guidance, what soul ring can Su Yun absorb?"

"Hey, I heard that the reason Su Yun and Tang San had a match is that the master wanted to take them both as disciples. But only Tang San agreed, and Su Yun declined the master's invitation."

"Declined? My goodness, the master could help Tang San obtain such a powerful soul ring and first soul skill. Won't Su Yun regret it later?"

"Who knows? But... hey, why did that kid leave the competition area?"

While a group of people was still discussing Su Yun's soul skills, someone suddenly exclaimed.

Everyone looked towards the competition area and saw that the boy who had his martial soul possessed by Su Yun was pushed back by a spear, taking a few staggering steps before leaving the competition area.

"Hiss—"

"He lost just like that?"

"How did Su Yun do it?"

"We were just chatting for less than ten seconds, right?"

"Did he defeat that boy with just one spear thrust?"

"But I remember that kid had a Bear Martial Soul, right? Su Yun's martial soul is just the ordinary Blue Silver Grass; how could he be so strong?"

"I'm not sure, but I did see Su Yun seem to thrust the boy in the chest with his spear. The boy then seemed unsteady, retreating continuously..."

In fact, Su Yun's move just now was straightforward.

It was the most basic and simplest thrust in spear technique.

However, to practice the simplest move to perfection was also the most difficult.

Although Su Yun hadn't reached that level yet, using it against a peer who couldn't even stand stably was effortless.

"Opening in the middle. You're just tempting me to thrust at you..." Su Yun nodded politely to the referee teacher and left the stage.

The following rounds of Su Yun's fights were similar to the first round.

He basically solved the fights within three spear thrusts.

Many people, seeing these successive fights, became more and more excited.

Because they noticed that Su Yun not only didn't use his martial soul, but he didn't even use soul skills. He effortlessly defeated several classmates using only a wooden spear.

Knowledgeable observers could see that he not only had some skill but was also hiding his true strength.

"It seems like we're in for a treat today. Su Yun is indeed a strong kid."

"Yeah, their soul power levels aren't very high at the moment."

"Even if Su Yun doesn't use soul skills, relying on the physical qualities enhanced by soul power, combined with his proficient spear technique, there aren't many kids who can hold up against him."

"Among the first-year kids right now, besides Su Yun and that kid called Tang San, there's also that little girl with the Rabbit Martial Soul who has some strength."

Soon, Xiao Wu entered the stage after winning several rounds.

But this time, her opponent was Tang San.

"Xiao Wu, this time I won't hold back." Tang San said politely.

Currently, among their first-year students, Su Yun had already entered the finals.

The victory or defeat in his match with Xiao Wu would determine who would compete against Su Yun.

Therefore, Tang San had to take it seriously.

"Hmph, just try."

Xiao Wu pouted, then exerted force on her feet, and her body sprang towards Tang San like a spring.

Facing Xiao Wu's sudden attack, Tang San didn't show any mercy.

Although he couldn't use hidden weapons in matches among classmates, he could still use other martial arts techniques from the Tang Sect.

This was enough to make him unbeatable.

As expected, as anticipated.

Serious Tang San, facing Xiao Wu's various close combat skills, skillfully dodged them all.

In the end, he used Blue Silver Grass's first soul skill to throw Xiao Wu out of the competition area.

"Hmph! Next time, I'll definitely beat you." After being defeated, Xiao Wu didn't show too much frustration and went straight back to the area where the students were resting.

When the audience saw that Xiao Wu also lost to Tang San, the atmosphere immediately boiled.

The match they were most looking forward to was finally about to begin!

(End of this chapter)

==================================================================

🌟 Unlock the World of Stories with Early Access on Patreon! 🌟

Hello, beloved readers and supporters!

I am thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to dive deeper into our captivating stories before anyone else. By joining the Patreon community, you'll unlock a treasure trove of benefits, including:

📚 Early Access to 20 Chapters: Be the first to explore new chapters, experiencing the twists and turns of our tales well ahead of regular readers. Your journey through our stories doesn't have to wait!

💬 Connect with the Community: Join a vibrant, like-minded group of readers who share your passion. Engage in exciting discussions, share theories, and make new friends who love the stories as much as you do.

👏 Support the Creators: Your patronage directly contributes to the ongoing creation and improvement of the content you love. Be a vital part of the creative journey!

22