7. The Chimera Boss
133 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A moment later, a man appeared in a white hooded cloak, and as the wind passed, his hood fell off, revealing his bright light-blue eyes that shone in the moonlight. On his back, he carried a golden Shaolin staff wrapped in a white piece of fabric.

The general looked down at the women and furrowed his brow. "It's evident their vitality has been completely drained. They resemble shriveled raisins. They seem like succubi, but they bind themselves to only one man for the rest of their lives."

"The talisman was effective against them. They seemed almost afraid of it."

The general was about to say something, but suddenly, he sensed sounds nearby. He raised his hand, signaling them to follow him. They nodded and quickly moved out.

"Heh. Come to me, little kitten." Mai teased the chimera, but it turned out to be her biggest mistake.

*Boom*

The ground shook violently, and cracks appeared on the pavement.

*Crack. Crack. Crack*

Behind the chimera, a large black crack suddenly formed, expanding, and a large head of a chimera emerged. It resembled the others, but when it stepped out, it had a man's body with large muscles, lion paws, and sharp, long black claws. Its upper body was very hairy, and it had a reddish, scaly tail with a live snake head of a black reddish hue cobra, sticking its tongue out and hissing.

The boss sniffed the air, suddenly stopped, and looked directly at Mai, ignoring the other chimeras.

It narrowed its eyes and spoke, "Why do you smell like that?"

"She is one of the gods." answered a chimera looking at her.

"Gods? That's a big word for just an insignificant human being. So, you are a god? How pathetic."

The boss broke into a mocking laughter while still focusing on Mai.

Mai closed her left eye and repeated the words. A god? Was he referring to Ezekiel and the other "gods"?

"I am not the god you seek. I do not know where they are, but we have five gods in the world."

"Five? That's not very many." The boss frowned.

Mai was reminded of the S+M rank.

"We also have countless demigods. They are more like servants." Followed by a slight cough.

A chimera raised its eyebrows.

"So many! That's why you smell so rich."

Mai furrowed her brow and smelled herself under her left arm but couldn't detect anything special beyond her sweaty odor. Was it rich for them? What a strange race.

"Thank you, but it's not something I boast about."

"Enough chit-chat.” interrupted the boss, spreading its arms in front of it.

Just when Mai thought it would produce a weapon out of thin air, it suddenly opened its mouth wide.

*Vroom*

A sudden burst of a yellowish broad beam shot out of its mouth, speeding towards her.

"Holy fuck."

Her heart was racing up into her throat, and she barely managed to dodge by turning to the right side.

*Sizzle*

Some of her hair got singed, and the smell of burnt hair filled her nostrils. She had spent a lot of time growing her long hair and had no plans to lose it now. She turned around and quickly ran towards the park, hoping that the dark place would save her again from death.

But luck was not on her side.

*Vroom*

Another beam shot towards her even more forcefully than before, singeing her right side. Her alarm bells rang. A bit closer, and she would have had her ears burned off. In panic, she ran into the front yard of a house, further out to the backyard where there was a large thicket that she struggled to get through. On the other side was the park, where she ran and hid behind a large tree, hoping the boss wouldn't notice her. When she heard several footsteps, she held her breath. Thankfully, she had taken swimming lessons and practiced breathing exercises. It was suddenly completely quiet, making her wonder if the chimeras had left her. When she spotted light in a house, she wondered why the residents hadn't noticed the chimeras unless they had cast a spell over them.

"You humans are dumber than a turkey - clumsy, confused, and utterly incapable of understanding the complexities weaving through the structure of your lives. How pathetic. Let me help you on your way." The boss had spoken.

*Vroom*

Mai felt a burning hot beam shoot towards her back, and she closed her eyes, preparing to die again, but suddenly the heat disappeared.

*Slash*

*Crash*

She heard various sounds of impact and turned around to see a handsome man with light blond hair in a white hooded cloak. He floated in the air, casting blue and whitish hues of spells at the chimeras, which fell to the ground lifeless. His hair had a beautiful shine in the moonlight, and his two-colored eyes radiated something majestic and mysterious. His body emitted a white smoky aura as if he were covered in a cloud. When the last chimera landed on the ground, he floated over to the boss and landed in front of it. It lay on its back with its mouth wide open, and he bent down, studying it carefully, furrowing his brow.

"Where is the pearl or the so-called Core?" he muttered.

Mai slowly walked over to him, observing his movements. He was clearly an S-class.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Morten, Memory Wipe her." The general issued the order immediately without looking up at her.

 

5