15. Ezekiel’s Powers
49 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Ezekiel approached him, placing his hand on his shoulders and suddenly producing a small black hourglass from around his neck, hanging on a thin gold chain. He turned it with a light and swift motion.

*Whoosh*

Mai had barely blinked before she found herself in front of the pile of broken furniture where they had arrived just a short while ago. She blinked a few times, thinking she must have seen wrong. However, as she looked up at the sky, there was no giant cyclops, and something dawned on her.

"What in the world?"

She looked at Ezekiel and noticed the hourglass in his hand, furrowing her brow. Was it what she thought it was?

"What happened?"

"I took us back in time to heal Allan." explained Ezekiel, sitting down, and taking deep breaths.

Mai raised her eyebrows and approached him, her heart beating faster. He was indeed a genuine god! Now she wasn't surprised that he was ranked 1 on the world list.

"Can you rewind time further so I can save my sister? Maybe to two o'clock this afternoon?"

Vira shook her head at Mai's words and revealed, "Ezekiel loses a portion of his own time to use that hourglass."

Mai furrowed her brow and studied Ezekiel's face, now noticing that he looked very pale with beads of sweat running down his forehead. Is he suffering?

"Sorry, I didn't think about the consequences."

She suddenly felt very embarrassed, remembering that time travel was impossible, and if it were possible, one could never change the past without consequences.

Ezekiel shook his head, giving her a faint smile.

"If I take us back to before it all started in Marbella, we wouldn't have met, so I would still be here, but you wouldn't."

Mai understood his words, nodded, and looked up at the darkening sky.

"Should we prepare?"

"It's only Allan who can prepare. The rest of us are spectators." explained Ezekiel.

Mai looked at Allan's shoulders. Was it because Ezekiel had touched him?

*Whoosh*

Suddenly, Elijah appeared in the sky above them and landed in front of them with a graceful movement.

Ezekiel looked up at him. "How did it go?"

Elijah shook his head and reported, "All of Marbella is done. I couldn't find anyone alive." He sat down, and they waited.

Shortly after, it started again.

*Crack*

A large black crack formed in the sky above them, and the cyclops stepped out again. It hovered in the air, staring down at them as it opened its large, repulsive mouth, and its foul odor emanated again, quickly spreading in the area. It sniffed the air and furrowed its brow.

"You smell different, or rather, one of you does."

It gave them a sharp look, and Mai felt as if it were staring directly at her, not Ezekiel this time. She felt a flutter in her stomach and a strange sensation inside. Maybe she had just imagined it.

It crouched down, causing them to furrow their brows, and before they could react, it began to curl up into a ball and started rolling in the air, flying rapidly towards them.

*Swish. Swish Swish*

Allan raised his hands in the air, spreading his fingers.

*Whoosh*

A large, thick golden barrier appeared in the air, enclosing them in a sphere.

*Bang*

The cyclops hit the barrier hard, and it was quickly pushed back into the air, where it made a small loop and swooped back down at full speed.

*Bang*

It repeated the attack several times, but the barrier held. As it looped again, it suddenly raised its head and opened its large, repulsive mouth.

*Bang*

It hit the barrier hard again, resonating.

*Crunch*

Its sharp teeth got caught, and it started chewing rapidly on the barrier.

*Munch. Munch. Munch*

Allan suddenly screamed, and small, deep visible wounds appeared on his face and hands, immediately bleeding profusely.

"Victor!" shouted Ezekiel, holding onto his chest.

The last man in the group, who had not yet made his entrance, suddenly stood up.

He wore a black hooded cloak and long purple hair tied in a ponytail with a green ribbon. His eyes were dark with a reddish tint, and he wore black leather gloves with a red logo of a flower. He raised his right hand in front of him.

*Snap*

*Whoosh*

Suddenly, he pulled a long black sword out of the air in front of him, with dancing red flames on the blade. Intense heat spread around them, and just when Mai thought he would throw the sword at the cyclops, he instead pointed the tip at Allan's face, causing her to raise her eyebrows.

*Whoosh*

His face caught fire, and he screamed in pain.

Mai thought she had seen wrong and blinked a few times, but she could still see Victor standing in front of Allan with the sword in his face. Are they killing each other now? Ezekiel's team is insane!

The flames suddenly disappeared, and Allan's face was now completely charred, and the smell of burnt flesh hung in the hot air, making Mai feel queasy in her throat, and she swallowed hard. When she opened her mouth to say something, it happened.

*Crack*

His facial skin started to crack rapidly, and a red face emerged, healing at the speed of light, transforming into the same face Allan had before, but this time his skin shone, looking much younger. Her heart raced at the sight.

"Wow. I really want to learn that method." she exclaimed, and she meant every word. It's like being reborn with baby skin!

*Crack*

The barrier shattered into small pieces.

*Whoosh*

Victor quickly lifted off the ground, pointing the sword at the cyclops and flying rapidly towards it, stabbing the tip into its face.

*Clang*

It placed its arms in front of it, blocking the attack with its blue gauntlets, but Victor continued to slash violently at it.

*Cling. Clang*

Sparks flew to the sides.

The impact resonated, and he kept hacking at the cyclops, which continued to block. He furrowed his brow, bit his lip, and suddenly squeezed his sword harder, pulling it back abruptly towards his right ear.

*Whoosh*

The sword was thrown, speeding towards the cyclops's face. It placed its hands in front again to block.

*Clang*

*Crackle*

The sword hit but suddenly split into small flame balls that flew towards its eyes.

*Crackle*

The flames covered the eyes, floating in a circle and quickly transforming back into the sword, the tip pointing towards one eye.

*Puchi. Puchi*

It burrowed into both eyes, and blood began to gush out violently, falling below it.

"Argh." The cyclops covered its eyes, now bloodshot.

The blood hit the group below who had witnessed it all.

Mai felt that she was covered with something thick that reeked of manure and decay, making her cough.

Victor clenched his right hand, and flames began to fly around the cyclops, forming a large circle.

*Whoosh*

It was enclosed in a red flaming sphere as flames began to dance on its skin, clearly causing significant injuries, as if something was trying to burst it open.

Mai looked away, only hearing a loud roar and curses echoing in the entire area. She covered her mouth and looked at Ezekiel.

"Is its blood poisonous?"

Ezekiel shook his head. "It usually smells foul for a beast."

He had fought against many Waves, so Mai trusted his words.

"Why are you wasting time?" It was a deep and cold male voice echoing in the area.

 

5