20. The Plague (2) 18+
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Warning! This chapter is for 18+ only! *

 

PART II

 

*Whoosh*

Countless black-clad figures swiftly flew out of the crack surrounding them, and panic set in again, causing them to reveal all their secrets.

"Spare us. We haven't done anything. We're just miserable underpaid sneaky researchers."

"Are you some kind of gods come to punish us?"

"Is it about the signature I forged last year? It was just a couple of millions."

"I regret being with the underage one, but I was young and stupid."

"I've cheated on my wife 32 times, and I've prepared divorce papers."

"I love women who wear big diapers, spare me."

"I'm only into men."

All the men threw a quick glance at the last speaker, furrowing their brows as they walked far away from him.

Elias furrowed his brow and looked at Karen, who shook her head and facepalmed, followed by a deep sigh.

"Do you have the gun?" he asked in a low voice.

She nodded and pointed to her left pocket on her kilt where something black stuck out.

"It's the one we made with gamma rays."

Elias silently and slowly reached his right hand into her pocket, felt the gun, and held the trigger.

"When I give the signal, run away."

Lithien extended his left hand, and his nails transformed into black, turning into long sharp claws that he thrust into Christian's chest. He quickly twisted his hand.

*Crack*

Bones broke loudly, and he pulled his hand back with a bloody heart in it, still beating. A terrible smell quickly spread in the warm air, causing the employees to cover their mouths.

Lithien opened his mouth, revealing sharp white teeth.

*Munch*

He chewed on the heart, quickly devouring it, licked his lips, closed his eyes, and opened them a moment later, now bloodshot but still glowing.

"It's either on an island called Japan or another place called Denmark."

The leader nodded and ordered with an icy tone. "Kill them and let's get out of here."

He turned around and flew back into the crack.

Lithien threw Christian to the ground and turned to the group, giving them a smile, and licking his lips. He made a gesture, and the group was surrounded from all sides.

*Crack*

*Munch*

"Argh." The employees screamed in pain.

One by one, they were consumed by the alien beings.

Elias pulled out the gun and shot it towards the black box by the oak tree.

*Creak*

The satellite dish suddenly turned downward towards them, catching the alien beings off guard.

*Vroom*

A powerful wave of heat shot down towards them, and Elias and Karen ran away from the courtyard.

Lithien looked at the dish, flew up towards it, and clenched his fists.

*Crash*

It was smashed to pieces, and he grabbed it, tore it off, and threw it down to the courtyard.

*Crash*

It hit three employees who fell lifeless.

Lithien looked at the spot where Elias and Karen had stood and squinted.

"Do they want to play cat and mouse?"

He broke into a cunning smile and waved his right hand.

"Eldari, chase them, but don't kill them."

An older man with long white hair in a black robe flew out of the crack towards Lithien, bowed to him, made a quick nod, and swiftly flew away, leaving a trail of black smoke.

 

Tokyo Bay

*Crash*

The waves pounded hard against the stones.

Hideaki and Yuki stood together with a large group, The Samurai Squad, looking at a black crack hovering in the air in front of them.

He furrowed his brow. "What is this?"

"We believe it leads to another place, maybe a kind of door or portal." replied a man.

Hideaki extended his right hand, but Yuki quickly stopped him.

"Detective Hideaki, don't touch it. It could be toxic."

Hideaki looked at his hand and commented. "I have spiritual genes, so my ancestors protect me."

He stuck his hand into the crack, and suddenly, it expanded.

*Crack*

It quickly transformed into a large black round circle with smoke swirling on the edges.

Hideaki squinted and concluded. "A portal."

With slow steps, he stepped into it.

Yuki and the others waited for several minutes, but he didn't come out, so they sat down.

Two hours after, Yuki stood up, furrowing his brow, and looked at the portal.

"Detective Hideaki should have come out by now." He stood up and walked towards the portal.

"Yuki-kun, be careful." warned a man.

Yuki looked at his hands and revealed, "I've been with Detective Hideaki for many years, and he has always been the father I never had."

He turned his head and gave them a smile. "If I don't come back within 10 minutes, go back to headquarters."

The group nodded, but as he took a step, Hideaki suddenly came out of the portal. He looked like himself except for his black skin, and his eyes looked bloodshot. On his forehead were two black dots.

Yuki stared at him and furrowed his brow. "Detective Hideaki?"

Hideaki sniffed the air and broke into a smile, followed by loud laughter.

"It's a whole different world, and I've managed to gain superpowers."

Yuki took a few steps back, casting a nervous glance at the portal, which was pitch-black and emitted something unsettling that he couldn't put into words.

"What do you mean by superpowers?"

With a swift movement, Hideaki ran towards him, and his right hand plunged into Yuki's chest.

*Crack*

His heart was pulled out, and Hideaki quickly devoured it. He greedily licked his mouth, traces of blood still present.

Yuki's body fell to the ground, and Hideaki began to consume him like a ravenous, starving wolf. Blood and chunks of flesh flew to the sides, and a foul odor spread in the heat, hanging thick in the air.

The group was terrified out of their minds and their bodies stiffened, and they froze in place, sinking heavily. They quickly looked at each other, nodded, and fled. They ran as fast as they could without looking back.

*Crack*

"Argh." Hideaki bit a man on his left leg, causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground.

*Crack*

Like a wild beast, Hideaki leaped onto another man, biting him on the neck.

"Argh." the man screamed in pain.

*Munch*

One man turned around curiously but regretted his decision. He was met with a bloody, monster-like face with black sharp teeth, while chunks of meat and entrails hung between them. The mouth opened and now resembled a black hole, and his heart sank.

*Snap*

His face was bitten by the sharp teeth, and he screamed, holding his face as he tried to push Hideaki away.

One by one, the group fell, and shortly after, Hideaki stood alone, staring voraciously towards the buildings where lights still flickered in the windows.

"Heh. I feel overwhelmed by magical powers." He broke into a smile and ran back towards Yuki, kneeling in front of him.

"How was it that he guided me?" he mumbled, looking at his right hand.

He roared loudly, and black sharp claws grew out of his nails like thick crocodile claws. With his index finger, he poked Yuki in the forehead.

Yuki's eyes began to move, changing into a blood-red color, and suddenly, he spoke.

"Detective Hideaki?" His voice was deep and husky.

He looked at himself and back at Hideaki, blinking a few times.

"You revived me? How did you do it?"

Hideaki smiled, stood up, and looked towards The Samurai Squad, all lying dead on the grass.

"Not everyone can withstand the powers, and it was only luck that you woke up. Let's see who is stronger among them."

Yuki stood up and followed Hideaki, looking at his hands and then at the group.

"Can I learn the same?" he muttered.

 

1