The Strong
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Long, long ago, when there were fewer stars shining in the sky... The gods got tired of playing with dice, so they created all sorts of beings as well as worlds for them to live in. Humans and elves... Dwarves and lizardmen... Even Owlfolk... They went on adventures where they sometimes won, but sometimes lost and died..."

--

The party stands outside the entrance to the ruins, where a couple Goblin corpses and a wolf corpse lie.

"Amazing." Priestess compliments.

"Splendid. Is this some form of magic?" Lizard Priest asks.

Elf puts her hands on her hips and smiles. "It's hard to tell the difference between mastered technique and magic." She glances at Dwarf.

"You're really saying that in front of me?" Dwarf asks.

"It must have been amazing." Owl comments as his feather flaps move up.

"Why thank you, Vorbatmai." Elf smiles.

"One... Two..." Slayer counts the goblin bodies.

Slayer kneels down to the goblins as he takes out his dagger. He then stabs on in the stomach and rips it open, revealing its intestines.

Elf stutters in shock. "H-Hey, what are you doing?"

"They're highly sensitive to smells." Slayer informs. 

"Huh?" Elf grows a face of disgust.

"Especially the smells of woman, children, and elves."

Slayer puts a piece of cloth inside the goblin and it soaks up the blood. Slayer then stands up and turns to Elf.

"N-No way!" Elf shouts. "Somebody stop him!"

Priestess grows a dead look. "You get used to it."

Elf grows a scared look as Slayer approaches her

Elf grows a scared look as Slayer approaches her.

Elf grows a scared look as Slayer approaches her

"VORBATMAI, STOP HIM!" Elf screams.

Owl lets out a hoot. "It's for your own good, and no worries, I won't be able to smell it. I don't have a great sense of smell."

Elf screams ring out as Slayer brings up the bloody cloth.

After several minutes of Elf screaming while getting covered in blood, and then getting Priestess covered, the party heads into the ruins.

The Strong

Owl taps his curved short sword on the walls a few times, as the sound echoes out. His feather flaps move up and down a couple times as his head twists around a bit.

Lizard Priest looks at the pictures painted onto the walls. "I wonder... Is this a shrine?"

"Apparently there was a war here during the age of gods." Priestess informs. She goes up to one of the pictures and puts her hand on it. "It might be a fortress or something from them." Lizard Priest steps up next to her. "Regardless, it appears to be man-made..."

"After the soldiers left, the goblins called it home." Lizard Priest observes. "What a cruel fate."

"Speaking of cruel..." Dwarf glances at the blood covered Elf.

Elf's lip trembles as a tear forms in the corner of her eyes. "This is so gross!"

"This is so gross!"

"Um... It does wash off... somewhat." Priestess informs.

Elf gets up right close to Slayer. "You'd better remember this when we get back!" She walks over to Owl.

"I will." Slayer states.

Elf pokes Owl on the cheek and his head turns to her. "You owe me something for this."

"...Okay." Owl responds and turns his head away.

Elf's checks puff out a little.

The party continues on through the ruins, with Slayer and Owl in the lead.

Dwarf wipes his forehead. "I'm used to being underground, but somehow being down here just feels wrong."

Elf notices their pathway slightly curves as they go. "It looks like a spiral. Perhaps it's like a tower. Wait." Elf lowers herself to the ground.

" Elf lowers herself to the ground

"What is it?" Owl asks.

"An alarm?" Slayer asks.

"I think so." Elf responds. "I spotted it because it's brand new, but..."

Elf motions to a slightly raises tile on the ground.

"Those conniving little goblins..." Dwarf complains.

"This is strange." Slayer states

"What is it?" Priestess asks.

Slayer glances around. "I don't see any totems." Owl lets out a little bird-like sound in response.

Dwarf grows a confused look, and Priestess explains what Slayer means. "Um, that means there aren't any goblins shamans."

Elf gets off the ground. "Hey, it'll be easier for us if there aren't any spellcasters."

"Actually, it seems the absence of shamans is precisely what concerns him." Lizard Priest states.

"Correct." Slayer starts. "Ordinary goblins wouldn't be able to set traps like this."

"You're saying they have someone leading them?" Dwarf asks.

"We should assume they do." Owl says.

"I've heard that you two have destroyed large nests in the past, Sir Goblin Slayer, Sir Owl." Lizard Priest comments. "How did you both do so?"

"Smoke them out, then crush them individually..." Slayer informs. "Set them on fire, drown them in the river..."

"Pushes a burning tree in there and crushed them with boulders..." Owl states. "Setting hungry wild animals loose in their nests..."

Elf stares at the two in disbelief. 

"There are many methods, but those won't work here." Slayer states, then he turns to Elf. "Can you see their tracks?"

Elf turns back to the trap. "Maybe if we were in a cave, but on a stone floor like this..."

"Let's see..." Dwarf steps forward, and kneels down to the trap. He then glances around."Their hideout is to the left."

"How can you tell?" Priestess asks.

"The wear on the floor. They either come from the left and go right, then go back, or they come from the left and go outside."

Slayer brings out his sword and holds it out to his side, stopping anyone from passing. He points to the right.

"What is it, Sir Goblin Slayer?" Lizard Priest asks.

"Let's go this way." Slayer says motioning to the right.

"Which way is he pointing?" Owl asks.

"To the Right." Priestess states.

"Ahhhh...."

Owl's feather flaps move down.

"But aren't the goblins on the left?" Elf asks. "Yes... But it'll be too late."

The party moves to the right and they soon come across a powerful smell that affects most of them, except Slayer and Owl.

"What an awful smell..." Elf complains.

"Breathe through your nose." Slayer says. "You'll get used to it."

Slayer comes across a door, and after a few strong kicks, the door comes down. The group moves where they see several barrels full of unknown stuff, with flies around it. And many bones and old clothes.

"What is this place?" Elf covers her nose.

"The goblins' waste heap." Slayer informs.

"Waste?!" Elf nearly pukes.

"You'll get used to it." Owl walks past her.

"Says the one who probably can't even smell it!"

Owl stops as his head turns to the side. 

Chain clatter on the far side of the room, where Owl is looking. Slayer moves up his torch to reveal a naked female elf chained to the wall. Priestess gasps in horror. Blood covers the female elf from several wounds around her body.

Elf pukes into her hand.

"What in the world?" Dwarf mutters in horror.

"Sir Goblins Slayer... Sir Owl...." Lizard Priest calls out.

Owl slowly walks up to the naked and chained Elf.

"...ill... Kill..." The Elf mutters.

"She's still alive!" Priestess shouts.

"Use a miracle! Hurry!" Elf yells.

"Right!" Priestess goes to move towards the naked Elf, but Slayer stops her. "Goblin Slayer!"

"Kill..." The naked Elf mutters.

Owl's feather flaps shoot up as a pulse flies out from him. "Okay." He takes out his sword.

Elf gasps in shock and Priestess gets flash backs to when she first meet Owl and Slayer, when Owl killed Witch.

"W-Wait!" Priestess calls out. "She's still--"

Owl brings up his sword.

"STOP!" Elf shouts.

"Kill.... this thing!" The Naked Elf yells.

Suddenly a Goblin, with a dagger held high, runs out from behind the naked Elf, and towards Owl. Owl swiftly swings his sword and the head of the goblin flies across the room, spraying blood onto Owl's face.

"Three." Slayer counts.

Owl's head turns towards the group behind him. "What were you all thinking? But Slayer and I only came here to slay goblins."

"Kill... all of them." The naked elf mutters.

Owl turns his head back towards the naked Elf, and nods. "Of course."

.

.

Lizard Priest tosses a few large fangs on the ground, and a ring forms around them all as he starts to chant. "O horns and claws of the father, Iguanodon, be four limbs and walk upon this earth with two legs..." The fangs turn into a dragontooth warrior. "A miracle from my ancestors... A dragontooth warrior."

Priestess walks up to Lizard Priest and hands him a letter. "I wrote a letter and explained everything."

Lizard Priest nods.

The dragontooth warrior takes the letter and the Elf girl, who's now covered in a large cloth, and runs towards the entrance. 

"I'm counting on you." Lizard Priest says to the dragontooth warrior. "My dragontooth warrior should be able to deliver her to the Elves' Forest safely."

Elf sits on the ground with her hand covering one of her eyes, trying not to cry. "What the hell is going on?! I don't understand..."

Owl plops himself down next to Elf and awkwardly pats her back. Priestess comes over and does a better job at comforting Elf.

Dwarf hums as he watches the two comfort Elf. He looks at Slayer, who just exited the room they found the other Elf in.

"It's here, as I thought." Slayer announces. as he's carrying a couple items.

"What is that?" Priestess asks.

"A map of the ruins. I found it in a rucksack. The elf must've been using it." Slayer unfolds the map. "There's a gallery on the left. Seems the left was the correct path."

"You didn't believe me?" Dwarf asks.

"I did, but the more information we have, the better." Slayer tosses the rucksack to Elf. "You take it." Elf looks at it. "Let's go." He walks off.

"Hey!" Priestess shouts. "You don't have to say it like that!" She follows after Slayer.

Owl stands up and follows the two.

"It's fine." Elf states as she grabs the rucksack and wipes her nose. "We have to get going, don't we?"

"Yes." Slayer nods. "The goblins must be slain."

The party continues on and Owl's feather flaps move up as he hears Elf walking just behind him.

As the party moves through the ruins they take out lone goblins standing guard. Elf nearly lets a goblin get away after missing her mark on it, but Owl manages to take it out by throwing a knife into its head.

The party takes a short rest and huddles around the torch, but Elf stays a few paces away from the group. With her back turned to them as she hugs her knees.

"How many spells do we have left?" Priestess asks. "I jsut used Heal, so that leaves two."

"I have about three, but the dragontooth warrior requires these catalysts." Lizard Priest shows several fangs with symbols engraved into them. "I can only use this spell once more."

"I still have my five miracles, and three spells." Owl informs. "I really don't use miracles and magic all that much."

Dwarf then speaks. "As for myself... I'd say about four or five."

Priestess walks over to the traumatized Elf.

"I see." Slayer says.

Priestess holds up a water skin. "Would you like some?" She asks Elf.

Elf looks at Priestess. "Thanks." She grabs it and starts to drink.

"Don't overfill your stomach." Owl calls out as Elf stops drinking. "It'll slow down your blood flow, dulling your movements."

"Owl!" Priestess complains. "Can't you and Goblin Slayer be more--"

Owl's head turns towards Priestess and Elf. "You don't need to act tough. If you can fight, fight. Though if you can't, you must head back. It's that simple."

Elf wipes her mouth. "Don't be ridiculous. I'm a ranger." She looks at Owl. "Who;s going to find all the traps and do the scouting if I go back?"

"We can always make do with those we have." Owl states in a calm tone as he turns his head away.

Elf ruffles her hair. "Ugh, you're so... There's no way I can go back!" She stands up and she grows angry. "After what they did to that elf... And my home isn't fat from here, either..."

"Hmmm..." Owl hums, and a smile forms on his face. "Then we should continue on." He stands up.

"Agreed." Slayer follows his lead.

Slayer and Owl head off, as Elf glares at Owl.

"Calm down, long-ears." Dwarf calls out. "We shouldn't cause a commotion on enemy ground. Dwarves consider goblins mortal enemies, as well. We'll make them pay for what they did to her."

Priestess and Lizard Priest walk up to Elf. Elf then grows a smile. "I hate taking advice from dwarves, but you're right. I'm sorry."

Dwarf chuckles as he stands up. "Looks like you're back on your feet."

The party regroups and continues on through the ruins, Elf taking the lead. They then soon come to the gallery. Sunlight shines from an opening in the roof. Elf looks over the edge and gasps.

"Well?" Slayer asks as he walks up next to her.

"It's just as it looks." Elf states.

The two look down and see many goblins sleeping.

"Not a problem." Slayer states.

"Sir Goblin Slayer, do you have a plan?" Lizard Priest asks.

"I do."

.

.

The moon shines down on the sleeping goblins, but one wakes up and lets out a yawn. He looks up and freezes for a seconds, as he notices soemthing.

Up on a higher ledge is Dwarf, who's drinking from his wine gourd. He then breathes out a large mist and that comes down and blankets the area.

"Drink and sing, spirits!" Dwarf sings, as he is a little drunk, and he dances on the ledge. "Sing, dance, and sleep like a log! Show me dreams of fire wine!" He drinks from the gourd and spits our more mist.

Mist starts to cover the sleeping goblins and the one awake goblin slightly chocks as he breaths in the mist.

Nearby Priestess's staff jingles. "O merciful Earth Mother, grant us peace to accept all things, grant us the peace to accept all things."

The awake goblin tries to yell out, but nothing comes out. It grabs its throat as it continues to try and yell. Then it falls to the ground as it passes out.

"Stupor and Silence..." Slayer states. "By combining those two spells, they'll all fall asleep without making a sound or causing a commotion. And then the four of us will slay them, one by one."

Slayer and Owl head in, both glowing as Owl had cast boost on himself and Slayer. They are followed by Elf and Lizard Priest.

The four start killing the sleeping Goblins one by one. Yet Elf keeps stabbing one goblin over and over, in anger.

Blood coats the gallery floor. Owl picks up a stone axe and slams it down onto a Goblin's head, before picking up said goblins weapon and killing the next goblin with it.

Owl sends out a pulse as he moves on, walking past Elf. Elf watches him keep killing goblins.

'He's blind, yet he manages to do all this by himself and Goblin Slayer.' Elf mutters in thought. 

Soon the two spells end and Dwarf and Priestess come down to the bottom floor to regroup with the rest of the party. Owl and Slayer stop glowing as Owl's miracle wears off.

The party then heads towards the exit to continue into the ruins. But Owl suddenly stops as his feather flaps shoot up.

"Owl?" Elf calls out.

Owl swiftly pulls out his curved short sword and points it at the door they were all walking towards. "Something big is coming."

"Huh?"

The ground shakes as something crashes just beyond the doorway. Followed by another rumble and another. Everyone gets into fighting positions as an ogre walks out from the door way.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f625f6a676b4177474b5f61384a413d3d2d313430313532373833312e313739633233323564366437376439393233343330373030323437352e706e67

"An Ogre!" Elf shouts.

"I thought those goblins were awfully quiet." The Ogre speaks. "They don't even make good foot soldiers. You people aren't like that elf from before." He slightly leans down. "You dare set foot in our fortress?"

"Oh... So you're not a goblin?" Slayer asks.

"That's an ogre!" Elf shouts. "An ogre! Haven't you heard of them before?"

"Is it related to a goblin?" Owl turns his head towards Elf.

"What?"

"I mean, I've never heard of it, and I'm pretty sure Slayer hasn't either."

"Nope." Slayer agrees.

"You two!" The Ogre yells and Owl turns his head towards him. "Are you two mocking me, the one granted this army by one of the demon Lord's generals?"

"I knew there were more powerful beings, but I've never heard of you or these Demon Lord generals." Slayer readies his shield and sword.

The Ogre yells in anger and brings his massive club down onto the Slayer. But Slayer dodges it. "Then I'll just have to show you my power firsthand." The Ogre states as a large fire ball forms in his other hand. "Carbunculus... Crescunt!"

"A fireball's coming!" Dwarf yells in slight fear.

"Scatter!" Elf yells

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f534c776658715138512d696f46513d3d2d313430313532373833312e313739633233643666316439646335633938333230313438303134302e706e67

"Look at the size of that thing!" Dwarf yells. "Where can we go?!"

Owl hums he raises up one of his arms and covers himself with one of his wings.

Priestess starts to chant. "O merciful Earth Mother, please protect us, from the weak, with the powers of the earth." Everyone gathers behind her as her staff shines.

"Iacta!" The Ogre yells and throws the fireball at the party.

"Protection!" Priestess casts and a large barrier takes the brunt of the fireball.

Yet the barrier starts to crack from the force of the large fireball.

"That doesn't sound good." Owl states in a slightly worried tone.

Priestess starts to chant again. "O... merciful Earth Mother, please protect us, the weak, with the powers of the earth. Protection!"

The barrier repairs and the fireball dissipates. Priestess' legs wobble and then she falls over, with Slayer catching her before she hits the ground.

"You saved us." Slayer states.

Priestess gives Slayer a weak smile. 

"Leave the rest to us!" Elf shouts.

"Foolish little girl." The Ogre starts. "Don't think you'll have it as easy as that elf did!"

"Owl." Slayer calls out.

"On it." Owl puts his weapon away and starts to chant. "O Supreme Lord, give us the strengthen to fight off the evil in this world, with your righteous justice! BOOST!" Slayer and Owl start to glow, then Owl holds out his right hand. "O Supreme Lord, let those I feel my enemy, feel my wrath. Spear of Judgement!

A golden spear forms in Owl's hand.

"Create a dragontooth warrior." Slayer says to Lizard Priest. "There aren't enough of us."

"As you wish, Sir Goblin Slayer." Lizard Priest agrees. He tosses down a few fangs and starts to chant. "O horns and claws of Father Iguanodon, be four limbs and walk upon this earth with two legs..." A dragontooth warrior forms. He tosses down another fang. "O sickle wings of the velociraptor..." The fang turns into a bone weapon. "Slice, fly, and hunt!"

Lizard Priest grabs the bone sword and he runs forward. "I request backup!"

"You got it!" Dwarf shouts and he tosses several rocks into the air. "Time to work, you gnomes! Roll grains of sand together, and it shall become rock!" The rocks start forming into shapes.

"You measly little dwarf!" The Ogre shouts. He yells as an arrow flies into his left eye.

"You damn dwarves are too slow!" Elf yells.

"We have our own way of fighting!" Dwarf shouts. "Stone Blast!"

Dwarf throws a hand forward and his large stones shoot towards the Ogre. The stones slam into the Ogre, pushing him back several meters.

"Did you really think you could defeat me with that stone magic of yours?" The Ogre asks.

Lizard Priest and the Dragontooth warrior jump at the Ogre and swing their weapons, but the Ogre blocks them with his club.

"Now, Sir Goblin Slayer! Owl!" Lizard Priest yells.

Goblin Slayer and Owl shoot past the Ogre's legs, cutting deep into both. But both wounds heal, Owl's cut heals slower.

"Impudent fools!" The Ogre yells as he swings his weapon at the two.

The Ogre's club smashes into Slayer and Owl. Sending Slayer into a nearby pillar and Owl far into the air and crashing into the ground. Owl's boost wears off on the two.

"Vorbatmai!" Elf shouts.

"Goblin Slayer!" Priestess yells.

"Don't mistake me for a mere goblin!" The Ogre shouts and he pulls the arrow out of his eye and the wound heals. "You both shall pay dearly for this humiliation."

Owl coughs and spits out some blood as he slams his spear into the ground, and slowly pushes himself up.

The Ogre brings up his club. "First, I will shatter your limbs, and me sport of these females in front of you two."

"You shall not have your way, ogre!" The Lizard Priest yells as his dragontooth warrior runs to the side, but the Ogre smashes it. Yet the Lizard runs up to the Ogre's legs. "I'm counting on you, Lady Priestess!"

Lizard Priest starts to slash at teh Ogre.

"Yell Slayer first!" Owl yells as he sways on his feet, using his Spear for balance.

Priestess runs over to Goblin Slayer. "Goblin Slayer! Goblin Slayer!"

Ogre swings his club at Lizard Priest, but he parries the blows. "Out of my way, you swamp lizard!"

Suddenly golden flames hit the Ogre in the back as Lizard Priest jump away.

"I'm not finished!" Owl shouts as he holds a hand out.

The Ogre yells in anger and swings his club at Owl, but he jumps away.

"Sir Mage! Lady Ranger!" Lizard Priest yells out.

"Hurry up with that spell, dwarf!" Elf shouts as she pulls back the string on her bow, then lets the arrow loose.

"I know, I know!" Dwarf shouts and he runs forward.

Elf lets loose another arrow.

"You insolent little insect!" The Ogre yells. "Stop your incessant buzzing!" He brings his club down right in front of Elf, and sends her flying.

"This is nothing!" Elf yells as she lands on her feet, and jumps away as the Ogre brings his club down on her again.

"Stone Blast!" Dwarf casts again, and the attack does nothing again.

Owl grunts as he kicks several goblin spears into the air, then throws his hand out. "Telekinesis!"

The spears glow white and they shoot towards the Ogre. The spears slam into the back of the Ogre and he grunts in anger.

"You puny insects!" The Ogre yells as he smashes a pillar.

Lizard Priest, who was running towards the Ogre, moves away as large pieces of rubble nearly fall onto him. But the Dragontooth warrior gets caught.

"O Supreme Lord, give us the strengthen to fight off the evil in this world, with your righteous justice! BOOST!" A glow surrounds Owl.

Owl grunts as he puts a hand over his ribs. A pulse flies out from him and he runs towards the Ogre. Owl jumps up and thrusts his spear towards the Ogre, but he brings up his club and stops the attack.

"Your an Owlfolk." The Ogre observes. "I haven't eaten one of you in a very long time, I'll be enjoying this meal."

Owl frowns and he pushes off the Ogre. "You are gonna be alive after a few minutes." The Ogre brings his club down onto Owl, and he rolls away.

"Be careful, Vorbatmai!" Elf calls out.

Owl stands up and coughs up  a few specks of blood. "I'm trying to be!"

Owl brings up his golden spear and blocks the Ogre's club. The ground cracks below him and some blood shoots out from under his armor on his arms. 

"Heh, you are strong, I'll give you that." The Ogre states.

Several arrows fly into the back of the Ogre's head and stumbles forward, Owl jumps out of the way.

Owl walks backward, only to trip over a rock and fall on the ground.

"Orcblog!" Elf calls out.

Owl's feather flaps move up.

"I have a plan." Slayer announces as he walks towards the group, blood dripping to the ground from under his armor. He's holding his bag.

"Alright... Go for it!" Elf shouts as she jumps over to Owl and kneels in front of him, acting as his shield.

Priestess runs over to Owl and Elf.

"Alright, Bread-cutter." Dwarf starts. "I'm putting my faith in you."

"Things are indeed getting a bit difficult." Lizard Priest states.

"Do it, Slayer!" Owl shouts as Priestess kneels down to him and pulls out a vial. His golden spear disappears in golden particles. 

Ogre turns to Goblin Slayer. "I see that the human girl has used up all her miracles." He holds up a hand. "Carbunculus.... Crescunt..." A large fireball appears in his hand. 

Priestess tries to stand up, but her legs give out under her.

"Fear not." The Ogre says. "If she manages to survive, I'll let her live. I'll use her as either food or a plaything. I need more goblins now, after all."

Dwarf and Elf start to attack the Ogre from a range, but he holds up his other hand and blocks their attacks.

Owl chuckles. and Elf glances at him. "We've won." He states.

"Huh?" Elf questions.

Slayer tosses his bag on the ground as he holds the scroll.

"Iacta!" The Ogre yells.

"You fool." Slayer says as the Ogre throws the fireball.

A bright blue flash goes off and the Ogre gets cut into pieces. One the bright light dies down the Ogre gasps as he sees the morning sky above him.

Several inches of water covers the ground.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6e6e5957413862636f7044756c773d3d2d313430313532373833312e313739633237366666363637303733303139363733343532313835302e706e67

The Ogre vomits a large amount of blood. The scroll in Slayer's hand burns away as he walks towards the dying Ogre.

"What... What did you do?" The Ogre asks.

Slayer shows the Ogre the scroll he used. "This is a gate scroll. I linked it to the bottom of the sea."

"The bottom of the sea?" Elf asks, as she carried Owl on her back. "Then that was seawater?"

Owl laughs. "It must have worked!" He kicks his legs.

Lizard Priest then speaks. "The water under the most pressure at the sea floor must've been swiftly unleashed, like a blade. But to think it was a scroll used for transfers..."

"It allows you to escape from anywhere in an instant." Dwarf explains. "it serves as a lifeline for adventurers. And yet he used it as a last resort in battle..."

Priestess thinks back on what the Witch, Spearman's partner, told her. "You see... they also asked a strange favor of me once... those friends of yours.'

Slayer walks up to the Ogre. "I was going to sue that scroll to destroy a nest, but this is fine." Slayer walks up the chest of the Ogre. "Now, then... What were you called again? I guess it doesn't matter now."

The Ogre growls in anger. "Goblins?! You would use this to kill mere goblins?"

Slayer puts a foot on the Ogre's face. "Goblins..." he brings up his sword as his eye shines red. "Are far more troublesome than you."

Slayer stabs his blade into the top of the Ogre's head and pulls down, the Ogre yells out pain.

"Feels slightly like a waste of a scroll." Owl states.

.

.

.

The party leaves the ruins and encounter a couple elves.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f787234585052716d486e564534513d3d2d313430313532373833312e313739633237656436656430333736623735383236303739303034332e706e67

"Thank you." A Elf says. "We received your letter and arrived as soon as we could. How many more goblins are insi-"

The party just quietly walks past them, Elf still carrying Owl on her back. They climb into the back of a carriage and Elf sets owl on the ground and puts his head on her lap. Quiet snores are heard from Owl.

An Elf pops his head into the back of the carriage. "Well, anyway, we're going to go scout inside. Please rest until you get to the town."

The party all close their eyes as the carriage starts to move.

"Hey." Elf calls out.

"What is it?" Priestess asks.

"Do they always do stuff like that?" Elf asks as she plays with a few feathers in Owl's hair.

"Yes." Priestess smiles. "They're always like that."

"I see." Elf looks down at the sleeping Owl on her lap.

"But despite how it seems, they're quite aware of their surroundings." Priestess lightly puts a hand on Slayer's shoulder. "They aren't obligated to teach me so many things."

"I see."

A light snore from Dwarf pulls Elf attention to him. Dwarf and Lizard Priest calmly sleep.

Owl hums in his sleep and nestles his head further into Elf's lap.

"Guess we should sleep." Elf suggests.

"Yes." Priestess agrees.

Elf lightly moves Owl off her lap as she removes her cloak. She then lays down and uses her cloak as a pillow. Owl lays right beside her.

Elf closes her eyes and thinks back on the events of the past two days, mainly on Owl and Slayer. She then opens her eyes and looks to the roof of the carriage. "Yeah, I still don't like those two." She sits up. "I mean, adventures are supposed to be fun. The joy of experiencing the unknown and discovering new things... Feeling elated or accomplished... That's what my adventures are like. This is no adventure." She looks down at Owl beside her. "Someday, I'll take you and Orcblog on an actual adventure."

Owl hums in his sleep and suddenly brings a hand up and pushes on Elf's face. "Too loud..." He snores.

Elf grows a tic mark on her head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-29-2023

4815 words

3