Blind Owl in the Water Town
35 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The party, minus Owl and Goblin Slayer, is at the guild, eating, as Elf listens to a story that an adventurer is telling. Witch, Spearman, Rookie and Cleric are at the table with the man and his female partner.

"And just like that, the Hero appeared and defeated all of the Demon Lord's minions!"

"Apparently, the Hero's a cute girl!" The female adventurer claims.

Owl and Slayer enter the guild.

"No fair... I wanna go on an adventure with the Hero, too!" Rookie complains.

"You couldn't handle it." Cleric states.

"What?"

Spearman then speaks up. "Just because she's a hero doesn't mean she could take them all out on her own." He glances at his partner, Witch. "Otherwise we'd be out of a job." He drinks from his tankard.

"Don't get so... cocky." Witch says to her partner.

Owl and Goblin Slayer walk up the party.

Elf smiles as she notices the two. "Hey, did you hear? The Hero defeated the Demon Lord's--"

"Eh, it doesn't matter." Owl states as he stands behind Priestess and Elf. 

Slayer stands at the head of the table. "It's time to slay some goblins. The location is Water Town. The reward is one bag of gold each."

Blind Owl in the Water Town

Slayer continues. "It's up to you if you want to come or not."

Owl moves over to stand beside Slayer.

Elf deadpans. "Seriously..."

Priestess then speaks. "I thought I had it figured out, but now I know for sure. I wouldn't last if I were to continue being surprised by your every move."  She stands up and holds up a finger. "So, listen. Like I said before, it's not a discussion when there really aren't any options."

"But there are options." Slayer points out.

"Yeah, you can come or not, those are the options." Owl informs.

"You're only giving us two choices!" Priestess complains.

"If we say we aren't going, you'll both just go at it alone, right?" Elf asks.

"Of course." Owl smiles.

"So she's right. This isn't a discussion."

"Still, the fact that they're even mentioning it to us means that they've softened up some, perhaps." Dwarf suggests. 

Lizard Priest hums. "Indeed. I do believe this is a good thing." He eats some cheese. "Sweet, sweet nectar."

Slayer looks to Priestess. "Then I'll do as I please." She says. "I'll go with you two."

"There are many goblins. The more spellcasters you have, the better."

Dwarf crosses his arms. "Oh, very well. We just finished getting our travel expenses in order, so we'll go with you."

Elf stands up and puts her hands on the table. "Once we're done slaying these goblins, you two will go on an adventure with us." She points at the two. "Does that work for you, Vorbatmai? Orcblog?"

"I guess..." Owl shrugs his shoulders.

"Yeah, that's fine." Slayer responds.

"And no waterboarding the goblins." Elf orders.

"Or attacking them with fire." Priestess adds.

"Or poisoning them."

"No poison, either?" Slayer asks.

"Of course!" Priestess and Elf say at the same time.

"Very well."

Priestess and Elf turn to each other. "He agreed surprisingly easily." The two giggle.

"You're both taking the fun out of my day." Owl frowns.

"You take fire way to seriously." Priestess points out.

Owl sighs in defeat.

.

.

.

The party is riding a carriage through a forest next to a large river.

Elf is sleeping in the back of the carriage while everyone else is silent. Until Lizard Priest speaks. "I see it."

Priestess looks out the front of the carriage. "That's...

"Water Town?" Priestess questions

"Water Town?" Priestess questions. 

.

.

The party walks through the streets of Water Town. Owl's dream catcher dangles from the bottom of Elf's bow.

"I've been here before." Elf informs. "Because of the channels, they have plenty of wares and food."

"What's good to eat around here?" Priestess asks.

Dwarf hums. "Let's see... Around here, it'd probably be lamb liver stewed with wine, or fried river fish."

Owl starts to drool.

"Apparently, the wheat here is very coarse, so it makes great batter." Slayer informs.

"Ah, you seem rather knowledgeable about this, Sir Goblin Slayer." Lizard Priest observes.

"Someone I know is. When I told them I was coming here, they told me that."

Priestess walks right up next to Slayer. "Is it the person from the farm?" She whispers. 

"Yeah." Slayer replies.

"Vorbatmai, you're drooling." Elf calls out.

Owl lets out a purr and wipes his face. "Sorry, I'm kinda hungry."

The party reaches the Temple of Law and they stand outside of it. 

Priestess gasps in excitement. "So this is the Temple of Law... This is my first time seeing it." She glances over towards Goblin Slayer. "Isn't it amazing, Goblin Slayer?"

"Is it?" Slayer asks.

Priestess pouts a little. "Jeez."

Owl hoots. "Must be pretty is she's excited over it."

"Oh, Owl, it's the so amazing!" 

"...I see..."

"So, the person who requested this quest is here?" Elf asks.

"Yeah." Slayer walks past everyone, with Owl following. "They said we can meet them in there."

"Is the client a priest of the Supreme God?" Priestess asks.

"No, they're the Archbishop of the Supreme God." Owl informs.

"Huh?" Priestess nearly drops her staff. "Th-The Archbishop?"

Lizard Priest and Dwarf look at each other in confusion. 

"Let's go." Slayer calls out, and everyone follows him towards the temple, but Priestess is still frozen in shock.

Priestess gulps as a little sweat falls down her chin. 'Th-The Sword Maiden.'

.

.

Everyone walks down the halls of the temple, towards the meeting area. Owl is turning his head around in wonder.

Priestess is lost in thought. 'The person in charge of the law all across the western frontier. The Archbishop beloved by the Supreme God. Ten years ago, she was one of the adventurers who defeated the resurrected Demon Lord. A gold-ranked adventurer, the second-highest rank. She isn't a hero from some legend. She was born of the people and became a legend herself.

The party enters a room, where they see the Sword Maiden at an alter.

The party enters a room, where they see the Sword Maiden at an alter

'That's... the Sword... Maiden.'

The Sword Maiden turns to the group

The Sword Maiden turns to the group. "Oh? Well, well... Who do we have here?"

Slayer and Owl step forward. 

"We came to slay some goblins." Owl informs.

Priestess panics a little and steps up beside her two friends. "U-Um, I beg your pardon. Thank you for seeing us. It's an honor to meet you."

"A brave warrior, a priest, and an adorable priestess..." The Sword Maiden starts.

"Priest?" Owl tilts his head in question.

"And the rest of you?"

The rest of the party steps up beside the three.

"We are fellow members of this party." Lizard Priest informs. "Though we were not summoned, we will be happy to help."

The Sword Maiden puts a hand on her chest and gives a small and quick bow. Then she smiles. "Welcome, adventurers. I welcome you from the bottom of my heart."

"So, where are the goblins?" Slayer asks.

Priestess bows in apology for Slayer's rudeness.

Sword Maiden begins to tell a story as everyone kneels in a circle. "It happened about a month ago. We sent one of the acolyte girls on an errand from the temple late at night, and her corpse was found in an alleyway in the morning. We received a report saying that it looked as though she was sliced apart while still alive."

"Still alive?" Owl hums in thought. "So it happened right there?"

"Yes."

"Was any part of her eaten, or was she only killed?" Slayer asks. "What else?"

Elf puts a hand on Slayer's shoulder to quiet him down. "Have some tact."

"Continue."

Sword Maiden frowns. "It was truly a terrible incident. I had the city guard increase their patrols, but these crimes continued to happen. Casualties seemingly perpetrated by thieves or slashers... Violent acts against women... Even children were kidnapped. And then an adventurer happen to see and cut down a small, shadowy figure that was attacking a girl. That small corpse... Was it a goblin?"

Sword Maiden nods.

Dwarf puts a hand on his chin. "Goblins, huh? I'm sure there are more than a few..."

"But how did they even get into the town?" Priestess asks. "I doubt they somehow got through the gates."

"Maybe they got in underground... or perhaps by the channels."

"But it seems like a lot of casualties if they just wandered in." Elf states.

"Goblins dwell underground, do they not?" Lizard Priest points out. "This town was built on top of an old settlement, so there are probably some underground ruins."

"If I were them, I would just settle underground." Slayer says. "They're not bright creatures, but they're aren't complete fools."

"You're always thinking like a goblin." Elf points out.

"Of course I am. If I didn't know what they were thinking, I wouldn't be able to fight them."

Sword Maiden then speaks up. "We also concluded that they were underground and sent out a quest for the adventurers in this town, but..."

"What happened to them?" Priestess asks and the Sword Maiden shakes her head. "I see..."

Owl tilts his head in confusion.

"And that was when I heard song of the brave Goblin Slayer and The Owl from the frontier." The Sword Maiden speaks.

"Song?" Owl questions.

"What song?" Goblin Slayer asks.

"Neither of you know?" Elf asks. "There's a song about you two. It's sort of disappointing, having actually met you two, though."

"I feel like you just insulted me" Owl states.

"Not my problem." Slayer responds to Elf.

"You mustn't say that." Lizard Priest speaks up. "Bards singing songs of brave feats is how these tales survive."

"Why do they need to survive?"

"Yeah, songs don't seem important." Owl states.

"Don't you get it, Bread-cutter? Spirit-Walker?" Dwarf asks. "The more the words of your deeds spread throughout the land, the more requests you'll get to slay goblins."

Owl's feather flaps shoot up. "Oh..."

Sword Maiden puts a hand on her chest and lightly bows. "Kinds sirs, I beg of you... Will you save out town?"

"I don't know if we'll be able to save it, but let's kill some goblins." Slayer announces.

"Goblin Slayer! Can't you say it a bit nicer?" Priestess complains.

"It's the truth."

"It's because it's the truth that you should be more tactful with your words!"

"Why do we need to be tactful, it's just about killing goblins?" Owl asks.

Priestess sighs as she facepalms.

"Sire Goblin Slayer, Sir Owl, shall we head to the sewers, then?" Lizard Priest asks.

"We're going to go in and wipe them out." Slayer says. "The underground is huge. It'd be annoying if one got away."

"So we must make sure they escape no matter what." Owl nods to himself.

Elf points at the two Slayers. "Remember, no using water, fire, or poison!" 

"I know." Goblin Slayer replies.

"But why not just have the city guard or the troops of this town take care of them?" Lizard Priest asks the Sword Maiden. "I'll admit that I do not know everything about this town, but surely this couldn't be out of their jurisdiction."

"Well..." The Sword Maiden starts.

"Were you told that there was no point in sending the military to deal with small goblins?" Owl asks.

Sword Maiden nods. "Yes."

"Well, you can't really blame them." Dwarf states. "They're in the middle of battling with the armies of the Demon Lord, after all. I guess that means goblin slaying is a job for us adventurers."

"I'll admit that human politics and money issues seem rather troublesome." Lizard Priest remarks.

"I have no interest in that. How can we get down there?" Slayer asks, yet the Sword Maiden doesn't respond. "Hey."

"Oh, yes." The Sword Maiden is snapped out of thought. "I do beg your pardon." She pulls out a map and rolls it out and sets it in the middle of everyone. "I believe your best option is to go down the well behind this temple, into the sewers."

Owl just sits back as everyone looks at the map.

"Is this accurate?" Slayer asks.

"Well, this is an old sketch from when this temple was first built. But the water flow indicated here should be correct. Even if there is erosion or damage, it shouldn't be severe."

Slayer stands up as he grabs the map. "Alright." He folds it up and tosses it to Lizard Priest. "You get to navigate."

"Understood." Lizard Priest responds.

"Let's go. We don't have time to waste." Slayer walks off.

"Well, I guess I wouldn't expect you to be any other way, Orcblog." Elf stands up.

Everyone walks off, but Owl slowly lags behind until he stops. The Sword Maiden and Priestess have a small talk for a few seconds, then Priestess runs up to Owl.

"I'm ready." Priestess says.

"Go to the to others, I'll easily be able to find you all." Owl says. "I want a quick word with the Sword Maiden."

Priestess nods and runs off.

Owl sends out a pulse, then walks over to the Sword Maiden.

"Sir Owl, what do you need?" The Sword Maiden asks.

"Earlier... You called me a Priest. Why?" Owl asks.

"Are you not?" Sword Maiden puts a hand on her chest. "I feel the Lord's light in you, so I assumed you were a Priest of the Supreme Lord."

"I've actually never set foot in the Lord's house before."

The Sword Maiden gasps lightly. "Really?"

"Yeah... I don't know if they would be so welcoming to a blind Owl Folk."

"The Lord loves all, but how do you have the Lord's light then?"

"Well, after my parents assimilated into human society, they started to take up their culture." Owl starts. "And one of them was worshiping the Supreme Lord. But after they died, I rarely prayed, until one day I suddenly was able to perform miracles in his name. I just think he took great pity on me."

The Sword Maiden smiles. "Or maybe he felt great strength in you."

"I guess we'll never know." Owl begins to walk off.

"Sir, one more question?" 

Owl stops and his head turns towards the Sword Maiden. "Yes?"

"Are you not afraid? Being blind... Being one of the last of your kind?"

"...I stopped being afraid when I lost my eyesight to the goblins. It's hard to be afraid when I only see the darkness of nothingness. But I guess I have to prove everyone that the Owlfolk, though near extinction, are no where close to being weak.

Owl walks off, leaving the Sword Maiden alone with her thoughts. 

.

.

The party has entered the well and are going through the sewer system.

Owl ducks under an arrow that flies over him and he throws his dagger to the side. A goblin yells in pain as a dagger flies into its throat. He then kicks up a fallen goblin sword and he throws his hand out as several pulses fly out from him.

"Telekinesis!" Owl shouts.

The sword glows white and it flies up and blocks the blade of a goblin that lunged at Owl. Owl rakes his sharp nails across the goblins face, before grabbing its throat and smashing said goblin to the ground.

The floating sword cuts the head off a goblin that's charging at Owl. Owl crushes the throat of the goblin he's holding. The floating sword stays right behind him as he keeps on guard.

Lizard Priest stabs a goblin in the head with his bone sword. "That should take care of things."

"Yup." Elf lets loose an arrow and it flies between the eyes of a goblin. "And done."

Dwarf and Priestess come out from around a corner.

"Th think that there were this many goblins dwelling underneath the town..." Dwarf comments.

"It's about what I expected." Slayer states.

Owl sighs as his floating sword falls to the ground as it stops glowing.

Elf goes over to the goblin she just recently shot and retrieves her arrow. "Just so you know, I'm not copying them. This is going to be a long battle, right? Unlike Orcblog and Vorbatmai, I don't want to use goblins' arrows." She sets her arrow back in her quiver. "They're terribly made."

"Are they?" Owl asks.

"They are!"

The party continues moving through the sewers.

"But this is the fifth attack just today." Dwarf complains. "At this rate, who knows how many goblins are actually down here?"

"Seriously, how long is this going to go on?" Elf questions.

Slayer puts a hand on a nearby wall. "Don't worry. These walls are made of stone. There shouldn't be any surprise attacks through them."

Priestess then speaks. "Please don't remind me of such a terrible memory."

"Sorry."

"With all the waste down here, you probably don't need to mask your scent." Dwarf says to Elf.

"Please don't remind me of such a terrible memory." Elf asks.

Owl hims as his feather flaps shoot up and Elf's ears twitch.

"You feel that?" Elf asks Owl, and Owl hums with a nod.

"What is it, long-ears?" Dwarf asks.

"Owl and I just felt something weird." Elf states. "The sound of water? Is it coming from above?"

The group moves ahead a little bit to find water dripping from the ceiling.

"It appears to be raining..." Priestess observes. 

"But is rain underground even possible?" Elf asks.

"It must be raining on the surface." Dwarf suggests. "I'm sure all the water from the canals and sewers flows down here. What do you think, Bread-cutter? Spirit-Walker?"

"We'll be at a disadvantage if our light source is extinguished." Slayer states.

"We have a lantern." Owl points out.

The party uses their torches to light the lanterns, then they pit out the torches.

Slayer keeps watching down a tunnel. Owl's head turns in different directions as his feather flaps slightly move up and down.

"What's the matter, Goblin Slayer?" Priestess asks

"Be on your guard." Slayer announces.

Owl grabs his blade and pulls it out. "Something's coming this way."

Slayer runs ahead.

"Bread-cutter!" Dwarf shouts as he tosses Slayer the lantern.

Goblin Slayer grabs the lantern and attaches it to his hip. The party all turns to the water just below them, weapons at the ready.

A boat of goblins shoots towards them.

"A boat..." Elf starts.

"...Full off..." Dwarf continues.

"...goblins?!" Lizard Priest finishes.

"Hah?" Owl questions. 

A pirate looking goblin leads the ones in the boat, and it points at the party and yells.

A pirate looking goblin leads the ones in the boat, and it points at the party and yells

A bunch of goblin archers open fire onto the party.

Priestess starts to chant. "O merciful Earth Mother, please protect us, the weak, with the powers of the earth. Protection!"

A dome surrounds the party just as the arrows reach them. Said arrows bounce off the barrier.

"I can't hold this for long..." Priestess informs.

"What do you two want to do?" Elf looks over at Slayer and Owl.

"What else?" Slayer questions. "The same as usual." He throws his sword forward and it strikes the goblin captain in the head.

Owl holds his hand out. "The goblins must die. O Supreme Lord, let those I feel my enemy, feel my wrath. Spear of Judgement!"

"That's one."

Owl pulls his spear back and throws it forward with a hard force. The spear flies forward and then pierces through several goblins.

"That's four." Slayer announces.

Elf readies an arrow and pulls back on her bow string. "Jeez... Just leave that to me, alright?" She lets the arrow looks.

Slayer looks at Dwarf. "How many spells do you have left?"

"Plenty!" Dwarf shouts.

"Then use Tunnel. Dig a hole."

Dwarf turns to Slayer in alarm. "Are you trying to destroy the town above us?!"

"Not up. Dig down. Dig a hole in the channel and let the water run down."

Arrows continue to pelt off the barrier.

"But that's going to back up the sewage!" Dwarf states.

"But it's not water, fire, or poison." Slayer states.

Elf lets loose another arrow. "Think of something else!"

"I can't hold this any longer!" Priestess shouts.

"Do you have another transfer scroll like last time?" Lizard Priest asks.

Owl shakes his head. "If only."

Slayer reaches into the pack and pulls out a jar. "I'm going to throw this as soon as Protection goes down. Once I do, use Protection again to strengthen our defense."

"R-Right." Priestess responds.

"Just a moment, Sir Goblin Slayer." Lizard Priest calls out and he starts to chant. "O sickle wings of the velociraptor... Slice, fly, and hunt!" He uses a fang to create a bone sword, then tosses it at Slayer. "I believe that might be to your liking. Oh, but if possible, please don't throw it."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f77507176794b65543572485138673d3d2d313430313736393535372e313739633663343431373137373133613738313137393836373034352e706e67

Slayer looks at the sword in his hand. "I'll do my best."

"Just... a little longer..." Priestess informs and the barrier falls.

Slayer tosses the jar onto the boat and it smashes against a goblins head. A red cloud made of pepper spices lingers, causing all the goblins eyes to water and they shout in pain.

"We're jumping." Slayer looks at Lizard Priest. 

Lizard Priest and Slayer jump first and land on the boat, followed by Owl.

Slayer slices the head off a goblins. "Seven."

Owl cuts a goblin in half. "Eight." 

Lizard Priest chants. "Fearsome dragon, behold your descendant in battle!" He cuts a couple goblins in half.

Owl snaps the neck of a goblin. "Ten."

Slayer kicks one off the boat. "Eleven. They're wearing armor. it's easier to just knock them off the boat."

"Understood!" Lizard Priest shouts and he uses his tail to knock five goblins off the boat.

Slayer kicks another off the boat. "Seventeen."

Owl grabs a goblin by the face and whips it off the boat. "Eighteen. There sure seems to be a lot of them." Owl's heard turns to the side as several pulses fly out from him."

A couple goblins lunge at Owl, but an arrow takes the two of them out.

"An elf's arrow hits their mark, even when their eyes are closed!" Elf smugly states.

Dwarf tosses Elf another arrow. "Here you go!"

Elf catches the arrow and notches it. "Ugh. Such an unrefined arrow..." She pulls back the bow string, and she lets it loose into another goblin.

A goblin fires an arrow at Elf, but Priestess casts protection to block the arrow from hitting her. Then Elf shoots the goblin that shot at her.

"Thanks!" Elf says to her protector.

"I'll block the attacks from the rear guard, so please continue your attacks." Priestess says.

"You got it!" Dwarf starts to cast a spell. "Time to work, you gnomes! Roll bits of sand together, and it shall become rock!" He tosses a large ball into the air. "Bread-cutter! Spirit-Walker! Scaly! Get back here! Stone blast!"

A large stone falls onto the boat as Slayer, who grabbed Owl, and Lizard Priest jump onto a nearby ledge.

The stone falls onto the boat and sinks it, drowning the rest of the goblins. Slayer sets Owl on the ground next to him.

"Now... what's next?" Elf asks.

"For now, let's rest for a while." Priestess suggests as she, Elf and Dwarf regroup with the other three.

"No, we need to keep moving." Slayer states.

"I agree." Lizard Priests agrees. "We did cause quite a ruckas. The rain is masking some of the noise, but the others may have realized we're here."

A goblin's body flies out of the water from how bad the current is. But then a growl is heard.

"What is that?" Elf questions.

"Is it a goblins?" Slayer asks.

Suddenly a large white alligator shoots out from the water and swallows the goblin body whole, before disappearing under the water.

"That's not a goblin." Slayer observes.

"That... sounded really big." Owl announces.

"Thanks for stating the obvious!" Elf shouts.

"It... was..." Priestess mutters.

The alligator then jumps out of the water and looks towards the party, before disappearing back under. Elf suddenly picks up owl and puts him on her back.

"Huh?" Owl grows confused.

The party starts to run away from the white alligator.

"RUN!" Elf screams. "Who knew a swamp dragon would be down here?!"

"Swamp dragon.... An Alligator..." Priestess mutters.

"Scaly, isn't that a relative of yours?" Dwarf shouts. "Do something about him!"

"I'm afraid that I regrettably have not kept in contact with my relatives ever since leaving my house!" Lizard Priest shouts.

The alligator jumps out of the water and goes to attack the group, but everyone jumps out of its way. Slayer grabs onto Priestess as she looses her balance mid air.

Lizard Priest grabs onto Dwarf. "Not to mention, I haven't a relative who is so violent, Sir Mage!"

"What's going on?" Owl asks as his feather flaps move up.

The group lands on the ground.

"We're trying not to die!" Elf shouts.

"Oh... I see...." Owl says.

Dwarf chuckles as Lizard Priest continues to carry him under one arm. "Well, this sure beats walking!"

Slayer keeps carrying Priestess as well. "Steady your breathing."

"I-I'm fine..." Priestess claims.

"You have one miracle left, don't you? I can't have you fainting here."

"Let's feed the dwarf to that thing and run!" Elf suggests. "It'll definitely get food poisoning!"

Dwarf shakes a fists at Elf. "Why, you little--"

"Hey, something's coming from ahead!" Owl informs, and he turns his head around a few times. "Another goblin ship? Hmm, it seems there may be a few of them."

"Wh-What should we do?" Priestess asks.

"There is a way." Slayer states.

"Hey!" Elf shouts. "I don't know what you've though up, but no poison or burning!"

"We'll go with your idea."

The party keeps running towards the ships, leading the massive Alligator to them. A bright light shines on the alligator's tail. So the stop and hide up on a ledge and watch the alligator attack the three goblin ships.

Priestess starts to chant. "O merciful Earth Mother, please bless us, the wanderers in the darkness, with holy light!"

"I get it!" Elf sets Owl down. "You cast Holy Light on the swamp dragon's tail and lured out the goblins."

"Since I can't use poison, fire, or water, this was all that was left, really." Slayer states.

"I feel like I'm missing something great." Owl turns his head around a few times as his feather flaps move up and down.

"But to think they'd be so easily fooled by just some light." Elf remarks.

The party, minus Owl, watch as the alligator eats the goblins from the ships its destoryed.

"They've learned that adventurers travel around with light." Slayer informs.

"Oh, really?" Elf asks.

"I don't know when they learned it, but they all seem to know it. First of all, their kind only pillages." Slayer begins to head down the corridor behind them. "They don't think of building anything on their own. Again, they're not bright creatures, but they aren't complete fools. They quickly learn how to use various tools. If they're taught how to use boats, they will quickly catch on."

Owl follows after Slayer.

"Well, aren't you knowledgeable?" Elf comments as she and the rest of the party follow.

"I did some research." Slayer states. "That's why I won't give them any more ideas. I'll slaughter them all."

"Which means... someone showed them how to use boats?" Dwarf asks.

"Yeah."

"But it's possible a goblin shaman could have figured it out..." Priestess suggests.

"Could be." Owl says.

"But if they naturally increased in numbers down here, why didn't they..." Slayer starts. "What was that thing again?"

"Um... the swamp dragon?" Priestess says.

The party heads back up to the surface.

"Yeah, that. The goblins didn't know about that thing. If they had, they wouldn't have thought to use boats... because they're cowards."

Rain pelts down onto the party and Owl shakes the water out of his hair, and grunts in annoyance. 

"What are you suggesting, Sir Goblin Slayer?" Lizard Priest asks.

"The goblins down there didn't multiply naturally." Slayer states. "Someone, or something, is artificially causing all this."

"Just another thing to slay." owl states. "Won't be to hard..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-30-2023

4481 words

3