Chapter 1
221 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Make sure to drop a heart if you enjoy!

 

Cain blinked, looking around in confusion. ‘What just happened? Where am I?’ He thought in confusion, staring at the trees around him in shock. He could have sworn he was just in his dorm smoking a joint with his roommate, and now he was standing in the middle of what looked like some kind of redwood forest.

 

Staring at the giant trees he tried to come up with some sane reason on why he was in his dorm one second and here the next, ‘Was I… was I drugged and taken here?’ He thought, before shaking his head ‘That wouldn’t make sense, why would they just leave me in a forest. Also aren't these redwood trees? Am I in California? How the fuck did I travel all the way across America?’

 

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his cellphone, desperately trying to keep his head on straight so he didn’t start panicking. “Shit, no service,” Cain muttered. “Figures” he sighed.

 

Sitting down he took a moment to actually look around. The first thought that came to his mind was how beautiful the scenery was. The trees stood taller than any building he had seen, and they were similar looking to red wood trees but something felt slightly different. There was more green moss around and the branches were too long to be redwood, large vines as thick as logs fell from the branches making the forest seem more like a jungle.

 

There was also much more flora than in any photos of redwood forests he's seen. There is bright green grass covering the ground and there were many large bushes and other tree species around. There was even a large stream running down a hill closeby, It was all very beautiful. Unfortunately the beauty of the scenery did nothing to calm Cains mind, which was much more occupied with figuring out how the fuck he got there.

 

Groaning, he grabbed his head, ‘Damn, why is this happening? I wish I was back in my dorm.’ As soon as that thought went through his head he heard the sound of air displacing, and as he looked up he was met with the shocked eyes of his roommate.

 

“Cain!? What the fuck just happened?!” Jordan, his roommate, yelled in surprise. “One second we were chilling and the next POOF, you're gone! Now you just appear again? What the fuck!?”

 

Ignoring his roommate, Cain quickly stood up and opened his laptop, googling the redwood forests in California.

 

“Hey!” His roommate called, “Dont just ignore me, what the fuck!? Where did-”

 

“Shut up for a minute! Let me think you dickhead!” He yelled back. Seeing his roommate go silent he quickly went back to his laptop, staring at the trees in confusion, “They are different…” He said, staring at the trees. Now that he’s looking at pictures of the redwood forests again he can say with confidence that while similar, the trees in the forest he was just at were not redwood. ‘Then what are they?’ He thought in confusion.

 

“Cain, please tell me what just happened. One moment you were sitting there and then you're gone, and now you just reappear out of nowhere and google redwood forests?” His roommate said, staring at him.


Cain sighed, “I don't know Jordan, all of a sudden I was in a forest. I thought at first it was the National Park in California but now that I have this photo in front of me… the trees weren't redwoods.” He sighed as he sat down, rubbing his temples as he felt a headache coming on.

 

Jordan sat down, leaning against his desk “How the hell did you get there? And how did you get back? Was that joint laced? What the fuck is happening?.”

 

“I don't know Jordan! This is just as confusing to me! One second I was sitting in my chair and then i'm just somewhere else, and when I got back I was thinking…” Pausing as a memory came to him, he realized he wished he was back in his dorm right before he appeared in his dorm. ‘Wait a minute… I wish I was back in that forest’ He thought, before he heard a quiet pop and suddenly he was on his ass as the chair disappeared underneath him. Groaning he rubbed his tailbone, ‘Noted, next time be standing’

 

Getting off the ground he looked around and sure enough, he was back in the forest. “Holy shit” He muttered, “I CAN TELEPORT!” He shouted in astonishment. ‘Am I dreaming? This is something straight out of a movie.’ Pinching himself he doubled checked he was awake, wincing at the sharp pain. 

 

Chewing his lip nervously Cain looked around the forest, “Ok ok, calm down. Now try to teleport somewhere else.” He said before closing his eyes, ‘I wish I was in… Manhattan’ He thought, however he didn't hear the pop.

 

Opening his eyes he looked around in confusion as he realized he was still in the forest. “No? Do I have to have been somewhere to teleport there? In that case, I wish I was at the grand canyon” He muttered, before again looking around in confusion as he realized he didn't move. ‘I wish I was back in my dorm?’ He thought.

 

Hearing a familiar pop he was once again staring at Jordan's amazed eyes, “Did you just teleport again?” He asked in astonishment.

 

Cain slumped down into his chair, “No I just turned invisible” He said, seeing Jordan's mouth drop open in surprise as he looked at him. Cain scowled at him, “I’m joking you evolutionary U-turn, of course I teleported again.”

 

Jordan grunted and crossed his arms, “No need to be a dick about it.” He said, before his eyes locked onto Cain, “So where did you go?” He asked curiously.

 

Cain’s eyes unfocused as he thought back to the place I was in, “I'm not sure… the trees were huge, larger than anything I've seen before, I couldn't even see the tops. There were vines everywhere and it kind of looked like some God took a redwood forest and the amazon rainforest and smashed them together.”

Jordan frowned, “I’ve never heard of a place like that. Did you see any animals?” He asked.

 

Cain shook his head, “No, but I did hear some birds. I’m not a bird expert though so they were kind of useless in figuring out where I was.” 

 

His roommate sighed, “Damn it, I’m too sober for this” He said, before opening his drawer and pulling out his pipe and grinder. Opening the grinder he looked over at Cain, “So, are you sure you don’t know anything about what's going on?” He asked, lighting up the pipe after he finished packing it.

 

Shoulders slumping, “Yeah, I wish I knew what was going on.”

 

Exhaling the smoke out a window Jordan furrowed his brows, “How did you even teleport?”

 

He shrugged, “I just thought about wanting to be in the forest again-” Cain was cut off as the chair vanished under him, causing him to fall ass first into the ground. Groaning as his back flared up in pain, he looked around and only saw the towing trees of the forest, “Seriously!?” He shouted in annoyance. Sighing he laid down again, ‘I wish I was back in my dorm’ He thought.

 

Reappearing on his dorm room floor, he turned his head up to see Jordan looking at him in amusement, “You're definitely gonna have to work on that.” he said with a grin.

 

Cain stood up and massaged his sore back, “Yeah yeah, I know” He said with a frown. Closing his eyes he focused his mind.

 

Jordan's eyes widened, “Wait you're going to practice right no-” cutting off his roommate he teleported back to the forest. 

 

He didn't let anything distract him, again thinking of his dorm. He heard several repeated popping sounds as he started teleporting back and forth between his dorm and the strange forest.

 

Opening his eyes he stared at the swapping sceneries in amazement, starting to get really excited as the reality of his situation started to kick in. I mean, who doesn't want superpowers? This was probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to him, even if his teleporting power only let him go to two places.

 

However after about thirty seconds of constant swapping he felt like something snapped in his head, a sudden and fierce pain lighting up his entire body. Groaning in agony the last thing he saw before he passed out was a large tree root on the ground that his head was rapidly approaching.

10