Chapter 6
83 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, you want to try it?” He asked with a smile.

 

Tali nodded with a huge grin, “Yes!”

 

Cain laughed and clicked the pen five times to let it heat up. Honestly he wasn't a huge fan of vapes, especially the nicotine ones, and he would prefer to just smoke the plant itself but this was all that he had on him at the moment and he didn't feel like asking his roommate for some weed since he was out.

 

Once it was properly heated he showed her how to do it, taking a big hit himself. When Tali claimed she understood it she took it from him and immediately started inhaling from the wrong side. With a smile he gently took it from her and flipped it, making her blush slightly at her mistake.

 

Right away she started inhaling, and Cain took the time to look her over again. Honestly she really was beautiful. He had noticed pretty much everyone in the village was attractive, but he chalked that up to them all being in top physical shape. Everyone of the tiger clan was ripped, women included. Also, surprisingly he hasn't seen a single person that’s not a child under six foot here, and he was actually pretty average height for a tiger clan male. Even Tali was six foot two which made her among the tallest women he's ever met. 

 

Their skin and hair colors didn’t vary much, with only some of them being slightly darker skinned or slightly lighter skinned, his pale ass was like a lightbulb in a dark room. Tali herself erred on the lighter skin side, but her hair was practically midnight black. Breaking him out of his staring he realized with a start that she was still inhaling, ‘Fuck! I never told her when to stop!’ He thought in a panic. “Ok ok, that's enough Tali.” he said, quickly grabbing the pen.

 

Immediately Tali exhaled and let out a small cough. “Wow! That was weird!” She said, letting out a few more coughs. He was honestly impressed she wasn’t on the ground wheezing from that hit, if he took a hit that big his first time he would not be left standing.

 

Cain smiled, “Yeah, you’ll probably start feeling it in about five minutes.” He said with a smile.

 

Tali just grinned back, “In that case follow me! I know the perfect spot to hang out!” She said with a smile. 

 

Cain paused, ‘Why not.’ He thought with a grin. He was starting to like this girl, “Ok, lead the way”

 

With a smile she turned around and started running down a bridge, and Cain was quick to follow. She led him to bridge after bridge, passing many people along the way. He noticed quickly that he was an oddity here, since everyone was staring. Some in wonder or curiosity and some in anger or annoyance, he figured most of these people had never interacted with a human before. Besides, he probably looked pretty strange to these people, with his blue eyes and blonde hair.

 

Finally they arrived at a group of bridges, and Tali led him to the edge of one. “Ok! Now we climb this tree!” She said excitedly. 

 

Following where she was looking Cain felt a beat of sweat roll down his face. The tree in question was massive, with large branches poking out of the sides. ‘Shit… I can't even see the top of that thing. " He thought nervously, and as he was about to voice his concern he was interrupted by her suddenly pausing and looking around in wonder.

 

“Wha?” She muttered, suddenly sitting down. “Oh wow, Cain I think I'm feeling the T ath bee thing.” She said, reaching out and holding onto his sleeve. 

 

Cain laughed softly, “How's it feel?” he asked in genuine interest, her immediate change in behavior was slightly concerning, but only because he wasn’t sure what she was feeling. Her face was perfectly neutral, but her grabbing his sleeve made her seem a bit nervous.

 

“It’s amazing…” She said softly, and this was honestly the first time he has seen her calm. Every time they interacted she was practically vibrating unless she was doing something, but now she seemed perfectly content to sit still and hold his sleeve. “Everything is so colorful.” She muttered.

 

“Wait until you try eating something” He said wryly, and he noticed her head immediately snap up to him, her stomach rumbling.

 

Her eyes practically lit up, however her face was still neutral, only broken by a slight smile perking up her face, “Do you have any more of those borgeres?” she asked, drool falling from her mouth.

 

Cain shook his head, “I don’t, you ate the last one” He said, but seeing the despair on her face made him speak up again quickly, “But! I do have some other food I could get you.” he said.

 

Her mood did another 180 and she smiled at him, “Really?” she asked happily.

 

He nodded, “Yes, but I'm gonna have to leave for a little bit. Will you be fine here?” He asked nervously. She nodded excitedly and Cain was about to teleport before he paused, “You're gonna have to let me go though” He said in amusement, he wasn't ready to test if she would teleport with him. After she let go he focused, ‘I wish I was in my room’ he thought.

 

Immediately he was met with the familiar sight of his wall, “Cain! Your back!” He heard his roommate shout. Turning his head he saw Jordan shoot up from his chair, “How did it go?” He asked nervously.

 

Cain shot him a shit eating grin as he pulled out his pen, he handed it to the surprised Jordan, “Here, I used it to get high with a smoking hot catgirl.” He said, before taking out his phone, “Check it out,” Cain said, showing Jordan the photo of him and Tali.

 

“You lucky bastard!” He shouted, staring at the photo in slight wonder “You're gonna bring me over there some time so I can meet these catgirls right?” He asked with hope.

 

Cain laughed, “I don’t know man, I think you're a bit too vertically challenged to seduce them. I haven't seen a single woman under six foot, not to mention they all look like they could bench you.” he said, looking at his five foot five roommate with a grin.

 

Jordan’s face only became even more determined, he put his hand over his heart and stared into Cain's eyes “My duty is calling me Cain! My father is 5’3! My mother is 5’9! It's the same with my grandfather, and his father. My ancestors are smiling upon me right now! And if I pass this chance, what kind of man would I be!” he shouted.


Laughing, Cain nodded “Ok, I promise I'll hook you up with a six foot two amazon woman. Don't come back crying to me when Jordan Jr cant even reach her in bed.” he said.

 

Jordan just smiled cockily, “My extra foot went elsewhere, I'll be fine.” He said.

 

Cain laughed, “Well, I need to get some food for the girl so I'm heading to the cafeteria. I'll be back before I teleport.” He said with a grin before quickly walking out the door, he didn't want to keep Tali waiting. 

 

-.-.-

 

About fifteen minutes later Cain was back in his dorm and ready to teleport, he had a huge spread of food at the moment including buffalo wings, some asparagus, some mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and some pizza. All of it was kept nice and warm in an insulated box he had.

 

With but a thought he was suddenly back in the lush forests of Doldor Village, the name having been provided by the Chief. He looked around for his friend and quickly found her, noticing with amusement that she was curled up staring at a bird in fascination. “Tali!” He called out, seeing her ears twitch. 

 

She turned around and smiled at him, however her attention was quickly taken by the smell coming from the bag he was holding. Noticing this Cain grinned and quickly started taking out some food, starting with the wings. Tali tried to grab them subtly but Cain slapped her hand away, noticing her pout he held up a finger “One second, I'll prepare a plate for you.” He said, noticing that she was barely able to restrain herself from taking the food.

 

Grabbing a paper plate he put a little bit of everything on it before handing it to her. The second the plate was in her hands she was digging into the buffalo wings, freezing as the flavors washed over her. “Cain! Why is my mouth burning!?” She asked nervously.

 

With a laugh Cain explained what buffalo sauce was to her. She hummed before digging back into the wings, “I like it.” She muttered between bites, and Cain watched in slight awe as she started devouring everything on the plate systematically, her face lighting up with every new food she tasted. With a smile Cain looked away and started making a plate for himself.

 

Once he was done he was about to take a bite before he heard Tali speak again, “How… How much would some of this buffalo sauce cost?” She asked quietly. Cain looked over and was honestly shocked to see her halfway through her plate, he also noticed she had buffalo sauce all over her face, a product of the way she ate, ‘cute’ he thought distractedly, before focusing again.

 

He shrugged, “Doesn't matter, I've got a couple bottles at home. I'll just bring you one if you like it that much.” He said.

 

Her face lit up in a grin and Cain felt himself smiling right back, her happiness really was infectious. The two spent the rest of the day like that, just talking and watching the scenery.

7