Chapter 2 Birth of a Demon Lord
210 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The laughter ended, and the swirling vortex of energy exploded outwards. Floating in the resting place of the fallen hero was a divinely beautiful being. Its irises were the color of the deepest depths of space, and they sat on top of sclera that was as white as snow. It took a raspy breath and the infernal energy around it shuddered.

A long white tongue flicked out, tasting the realm for a moment before sliding across a row of perfectly crafted teeth. An ecstatic grin broke its angelic features. “I am Amaya. The Angel of Salvation. The Prince of Perfection, and the Queen of Excess.” Its voice slithered out into the depths of the realm. A wave pulsed outwards as a set of snow-white wings exploded into existence.

Reality trembled for a moment as the demon’s influence expanded, and a new realm formed from the chaotic energy. A sea of viridescent colors sprouted underneath Amaya. The infernal energy broke into countless trillions of scintillating shards that quickly fell into place and formed a perfect blue sky.

The demonic angel took a step forward, and life blossomed around its feet. Vines crept upward, and thousands of scents intermingled and filled the air. “And I am a testament to the sins of the gods. Come to me, all the weak, the pitiful, the strong, and the powerful. Let me shepherd you on the path to true freedom.”

The demon raised its arms high into the air. Its pale flesh glimmered in rays of white light that formed in the sky. Its majestic horns arched into the air and glistened in the sunlight with all the beauty of morning dew.

It was a monster born of human creation and its body reflected that. Its abs sculpted to perfection, its hips shaped like an hourglass. Masculine and feminine elements collided in a dazzling yet unsettling display. But above all of that, its most striking future was the paleness of its flesh. White wasn’t the word to describe it, nor was colorlessness. The two words melded meaning and were reflected across skin that was pulled against a wiry frame.

Amaya took another raspy breath, and its new reality shuddered once more. Its mane of flowing silver hair danced on the wind and rose into the sky as if it, too, was enthralled in hopeless worship. “Now I take my place amongst the others. A human, crafted into a demon, born of betrayal.” Its words rolled out in a lyrical lilt that was as enthralling as it was repulsive.

A torrential downfall of golden motes fell from the sky, and a gilded throne rose from the ground. A grand staircase of pure gold flowed like water as it reached for the throne. Silver poured from the sky in opulent waves and filled each nook and cranny. Sapphires sprouted from the ground and reached like beggars trying to quench their thirst. “Come, let me unshackle the chains that bind your soul. Sing for me until your throat bleeds. Dance until your body breaks. Give me your mind, your heart, your body, and your soul, and I’ll cherish them as a flower cherishes the light. Praise my name, and rise to heights untold.”

Amaya took a single thunderous step towards its new throne, and its body rippled with sublime beauty. Its hair danced in the wind, and its wings flapped elegantly. “For I am your salvation. For I am your lover. I am the end of all things. Come into my arms, and embrace eternity.” It took another step, and the sky rumbled, and the ground trembled. It walked with a sublime grace, with each step showing off every curve and sway of its hips. It eventually reached the newly crafted throne. Velvet of the reddest shade adorned the length of the seat and fluttered outward in strands that swayed in the wind, beckoning its new master forward and to its proper place.

The demon spun around elegantly and settled into its new throne. Its consciousness receded from the all permeating nether as the explosion of power faded away. Its world trembled as more golden motes rained down from the sky in an endless torrent. Trees rose from the grass and stretched upward into the sky. Thousands of flowers blossomed all at once in waves of reds, blues, and yellows, sweeping across the plains like a tidal wave.

Amaya took a heavy breath and relished the thousands of scents that intermingled in one. Its mind raced with all the emotions that filled its being. Happiness in its new life. Excitement at its new freedom.

But as it was relishing its new life a silver ornate scroll appeared in front of its face, bound by a single scarlet ribbon. All it took was a blink of an eye for the string to unravel, and the scroll to fall open, revealing it's insides.

Congratulations on your birth, Demon Lord Amaya. You are the first new demon lord to be born in many centuries! Welcome to the infernal realm, and to your new life! As a demon lord, you are the counterpart of the gods. Your job is to gather worshippers, create demons, and expand your realm, all for the sake of the great game!

We have quantified many aspects of your new life to make this transitory period a little easier for you.

Furthermore, your realm is protected by a peace treaty for (1) year from your birth. This does not apply to attacking non-aligned demonic territories.

Contained within, is a repository of basic knowledge, and how to summon basic starting items. Use it at your leisure.

Please do notice, however, this scroll does not affect personal performance, as it is only used for record keeping and references: Furthermore, there is no other interference from our end, or stifling of power. Grow as you will.

Current Demons

Imps:

N/A

Lesser Demons:

N/A

Demons:

N/A

Greater Demons:

N/A

Demon Princes:

N/A

Archdemon:

N/A

Worshippers:

N/A

Open Rifts:

N/A

Claimed Territory

 

N/A

Size of Current Domain:

10 sq kilometers

 

Above is major information about your domain. All stats are liable to shift and are accurate down to +/- 0.001%

Enjoy your new life, demon lord. We will watch you with great interest!

Signed,

Corswain, Scribe of the Overgod.

Amaya ran its clawed finger down the length of the scroll as it drank the words in. How Interesting, it thought as it lingered on each word. The scroll was written in a language that it understood and knew to be English. A throw back to its progenitor life. Not that it mattered, at any rate. That life was long gone, and now all that remained was Amaya.

The demon took a deep breath and stared at the scroll for a few seconds longer in growing disdain. What use is a single scroll? Especially one that would restrict its new found freedom? It felt a frown cross its beautiful face. ‘What a pain.’ It thought to itself as it strummed its fingers across its armrest. From one collar, to another. Forced to play another in another person’s game, like a puppet.

Even then, the more it thought about it, the more it realized that it didn’t care about things like that. No matter what, in the end it would only grow stronger, and would cast aside this new chain. Never again, will it be beholden to anyone else. It would be free, and there wouldn’t be a force that would stop its ascension. But for now, it would play this game, until it could get what it wanted.

What should its first step be? Perhaps expanding its realm? Amaya sat back into its throne, and its clawed finger tips clicked as they strummed across the hand rest.

No, that wasn’t quite the right answer. Its eyes shifted to the environment, and it noticed that something was missing. It felt a little lonely here. With an almost imperceivable gesture, it brought the scroll back over and pressed its hand against the scroll.

A bright light flickered, and the scroll broke into countless pieces that quickly arranged themselves around the young demon lord. Pictures formed from ink that bubbled to the parchment’s surface. Underneath it, words came into existence detailing what each object did, and the summoning ritual behind it.

However, the demon lord didn’t care about the rest of it just yet. Its eyes quickly landed on the picture of a demon it knew to be an imp. The small demons would be the weakest of its kind, but at the moment, they would be all that Amaya could summon. For a few heartbeats, the demon pondered its choices.

It was torn between summoning its children, or using the ritual for other things that might help it expand on its new home. A quiet symphony of clicks filled the air as clawed fingers cascaded across the throne’s armrest in deep thought.

Tentatively, it reached out and pressed its palm against the scroll once more and looked around the infernal repository curiously. There were countless thousands of options to choose from, including various metals, ores, and magic. While all of that seemed interesting, what it really wanted to do was get settled in.

As that thought crossed its mind, the scroll seemed to know what it wanted. All of the options faded away, replaced with a single line of text denoting a beginners list. The demon lord’s eyes lit up, slightly as it absorbed the various options at its disposal.

Imps were naturally the biggest priority for the demon. Next to that was a simple ores list, that held metals that the demon had some passing knowledge of. Mostly because of the hero’s memories that were now its own. In fact, the more it thought about it, the more it realized that this was all of the simple ores that existed in the hero’s previous realm. This was good, as it would give the imps something to do in the future.

There were other bundles that existed as well. But they were of no importance. It contained all the knowledge that the Hero Kal once had. It would be no problem to teach its children the ways of the world.

Satisfied, the demon made its choice. First it would fill the world with ores, and then grant its children new life. Its slender arms rose into air and the realm trembled. Amaya cycled it's magical core once, and raw power exploded outwards. The radiant blue sky quivered before faded into the color of freshly spilt blood. Thousands of profane symbols filled the air like twisted snowflakes and began a strange dance. Silvery threads of light dripped from the profane symbols and cascaded down like turbulent rainfall.

The world rumbled as a gray mist descended from the sky and sank into the viridescent grass. Trees grew even more vibrant, and stones rose from the dirt.

A soft chuckle split Amaya’s lips, as its tongue slithered out and ran across its pristine lips. Now all that was left was to craft its children. The demon lord pushed a large handful of its power into the profane symbol of the imp with overflowing excitement.

A ghostly violet light filled the air a split second later as another round of symbols flickered into existence, followed by the soft laughter of dozens of voices, crying in euphoric glee. The demon gazed on, eager to see its children for the first time.

6