Chapter 2
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vaeral sat in the trunk of the car, just waiting for the ride to be over. He did not enjoy being inside the car, or at least, the trunk. Especially for such a long time, it was easy to get bored.

He still thought about the punishment he was going to give her, normally, the punishment for the offending person would be to blind them. 

Think I'll torment her for a little while first, then only blind  the eye that saw me through the camera. More...fair that way.

Suddenly he felt the car stop, the engine going silent as Tanya pulled into the garage of the lodge. Parking next to a second car that belonged to their friends.

Tanya let out a yawn and stretched her arms, "Alright girls, get outta my car, I'm going to bed." Tanya got out first, using what little energy she had left to go to her bed.

"We can say hi to everyone else tomorrow." Lee on the other hand wasn't that tired, sleeping through most of the ride. 

Emilie just quietly got out of the car, quietly thinking to herself. Meanwhile, the elf hiding away in the trunk became even more hidden, his already small image disappearing from sight.

As Emilie got out of the car, Tanya handed her bag to her. "C'mon Em." She muttered. 

Finally the three opened the door to the lodge, as expected, the inside was large, many intricate wood carving were part of walls and furniture. 

In front of them was the living room, a flat-screen TV on one wall, and a fireplace on the wall next to it. Two couches sitting in a L shape in the middle of the room with a little coffee table in-between. The kitchen was further ahead of that, a little arch leading into the inside of it. The finer details couldn't be seen from there. 

To their left was the stairs that led to their rooms and the bathrooms. And to their right was some door that led elsewhere, although they hardly cared where specifically. With the exception of a not so tiny elf next to them. 

"I'm gonna getting something to drink." Emilie simply stated, and proceeded to walk towards the kitchen, Tanya and Lee shrugged and began walking up the stairs. 

Vaeral however went to the right, waiting a second for the girls to be out of sight. With a flick of his finger the door opened silently. On the other side was a little room that had the front door to the right, and another door in front of him. 

Disappointed at first, Vaeral went and and opened the other door. The room behind this door was a bland little game room, all it had was a little pool table as well as a table with cards and chips on it. There was another door at the other end of the room. 

His mood slightly souring, he suddenly flicked his wrist, opening the door with more force than he intended. 

This time however, Vaeral heard a little gasp. The room was a indoor pool room, nothing too fancy, just a rectangle pool that was heated. Near the steps of the pool was a man and a woman.

Vaeral barely saw them with the pool lights, noticing how close they were, and how the girl currently was clutching a untied bikini top to her chest. 

Ah. Well, best not disturb the happy couple. Vaeral turned around and, like always, silently left, leaving the couple to continue their fun. It wasn't like they are the ones who were spying on him. 

Making his way back, he headed back through the other rooms quietly. As soon as he made it back to the main room, he heard a door close. 

The spy...

Quickly reaching her door, he pressed his pointed ear against it. Hearing the sound of her not-so-quiet snoring, with a smile he once again opened the door with magic, an easy task since it was made of brass.

Closing the door behind him, he drunk in the details of the room. A wood wardrobe, a shelf filled with various books, a chain and a empty desk for writing, and, of course, a large bed with Emilie sleeping on it. 

A small nightstand sat next to the bed, her phone left on it to charge. It was the window above the nightstand however that drew his attention.

Just outside the window on a surprisingly large ledge was a large glass of what smelled like fruit juice, it was a pinkish red color. 

An offering?

Of course, a little offering wasn't going to immediately change what was going to happen. But even still, he did want to taste it, he didn't get out much in the human world, and it smelled oh-so sweet.

Opening the window, and letting the cold breeze flow into the room, he grabbed the glass and put it to his lips. He only took a sip at first, letting the flavor sit on his tongue. It didn't take long for him to decide he liked it. 

It was something nice to have as his first drink since he had woken up. 

Looking to the girl, he saw her wrap herself further in her blanket, now less deep in sleep. Vaeral considered not giving her a nightmare tonight, perhaps heven reducing her suffering a little. But then, a small idea ran through his mind.

----------

Emilie stirred, waking to the sound of the window closing, a cold breeze chilled her despite her thick blankets. Sitting up she looked at the window, her eyes half closed. They didn't stay that way long, as she noticed the glass of juice was completely gone, and the window wide open.

Then she noticed the shadows, the room wasn't that dark due to the moonlight shining through the window. But now even with the moonlight the room was unnaturally dark.

But just as quick as the shadows appeared, they dissipated. The room brightened, showing the elf sitting in the chair by the desk, the glass in his hand.

Emilie pulled her blanket up, covering herself like it was some sort of shield against him. She felt like a child again, imagining monsters in the corner of her room.

"Greetings, little spy." The elf spoke.

"H-h-hhello." Emilie was terrified, sitting across from her was that damn elf, she couldn't help but imagine herself being reduced to a pile of bugs like that man. 

The elf held up the glass of juice, "What is this?" He said, with genuine curiosity behind his words.

"...Uh. I-Its fruit punch." Emilie said, having gotten the juice from a carton in the fridge. 

"Fruit punch? ...Hm. Strange name," He took another swig before speaking, "Anyways... Tell me, mortal woman, do you know what you did wrong?" 

Emilie remembered the research she did. "I spied on your private business?" 

"Correct. Now, usually, this causes for the offender to be blinded," Emilie's heart quickened, "However...I may be willing to forgive you somewhat, and spare you from losing your eyes." 

Hearing that was practically euphoric to her. "Of course, you'll have to find things that I have never received before."

Shit, this might be harder than I expected. 

"O-Okay. So, what will it take for that to happen?"

He drank the last of the juice before continuing, "My offer, in full detail. If you bring me at least one offering every day, one that I have never gotten before, then by the end of your week here, I will forgive you and leave you your sight. Of course, I will still be causing you trouble and mischief every day for that period, you simply cannot be completely free of punishment whatsoever."

Emilie went over what he said in her mind, seeing if he was trying to spin this seemingly simple deal so he could hurt her in some way. 

"You will not hurt my friends."  

"Pardon?" 

"And you also will not harm, or bother my friends, in any way."

The elf smiled. More clever than I thought, might have to be careful here.

"Done," He walked over to her and held out a hand, wanting a handshake. Emilie hesitated, looking at his dark green fingers, but eventually shook his hand. 

"Very good, and... Sleep well." Emilie suddenly grew very tired, and more or less fell backward onto her pillow, immediately beginning to lightly snore.

Vaeral left her room, silently as always. While they sleep, I'll head back home for a moment, get properly dressed. This robe is little better than a nightgown. 

He left the lodge, walking into the snowy forest barefoot. 

1