Chapter 35-Grandmaster
217 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Where the Hell am I?'

The abrupt cessation of the technique left Renjiro momentarily disoriented, his senses readjusting to the stillness. As he gathered his bearings, he cast a discerning gaze around, attempting to discern the location they stopped at. The Anbu gestured toward a nondescript complex. 

'A complex? Does someone leave here?'

The subtle architectural cues that hung in the air hinted at the residence of someone within the village. Renjiro, though unsure of the specifics, could sense the familiarity that clung to the group of buildings.

The Anbu's silent guidance ushered Renjiro toward the entrance. With a quiet acknowledgement, he stepped into the building, the door closing behind him with a muted thud. The interior was bathed in the soft glow of ambient light.

As they traversed the quiet corridors, the Anbu eventually halted before a closed door. They knocked on the door. Immediately, they heard an undistinguishable voice affirming their entrance. The Anbu chose to stay behind and Renjiro had to proceed alone.

"Well here goes nothing,"

Renjiro braced himself for the revelations that awaited on the other side of the room.

As Renjiro stepped into the room, the ambience shifted from the muted tones of the corridor to a space that seemed to hold a peculiar vibrancy. A low table adorned with scattered scrolls and ninja tools stood at the centre, serving as the focal point of the room's activity.

'Seems like someone's room, who could it be?'

In the midst of this carefully arranged room, Renjiro's gaze fell upon a figure. At first, she was unrecognizable but after seeing vibrant red hair with distinctive fiery locks, Renjiro had a pretty good guess who it was. 

It was Uzumaki Kushina, the current Nine Tails Jinchuriki. The renowned kunoichi sat in a poised manner on a cushion near the low table. The room seemed to come alive with the intensity of her presence as if the very air crackled with her boundless energy.

Kushina, clad in traditional ninja attire that bore the Uzumaki crest, exuded an aura of both strength and warmth. Her piercing blue eyes were framed by a cascade of crimson hair. A headband adorned with the emblem of Konoha rested atop her forehead.

The scrolls on the table bore markings and symbols, suggesting a discourse into matters of significance. Kushina, in the midst of this, appeared engrossed in them, her attention focused on the scrolls before her.

The room itself bore the hallmark of a space dedicated to strategic discussions and clandestine affairs. The walls, adorned with scrolls containing various seals and symbols, spoke of the room's function as a repository of knowledge. A subtle scent of incense lingered in the air, adding an element of tranquillity to the charged atmosphere.

'I knew Uzumakis had a strong life force but this is a bit overbearing. If she's like this then how was it standing before Hashirama? Could Kurama be adding to this aura that I feel? But Why Am I here?'

Kushina, aware of Renjiro's arrival, looked up from the scrolls with a warm yet appraising gaze. A faint smile played on her lips. 

"Uzumaki Renjiro, I have been waiting for you."

"Good Evening to you too my name is Uchiha Ren-" Before Renjiro could even correct Kushina, she interrupted him.

"I know, But before you arrived in Konoha you changed your name why?" 

"Well my aunt Miwa Uchiha became my Guardian and so I adopted the Uchiha name."

"..."

"Eeh... big sister, May I know why I was required to come here?" Renjiro replied to Kushina in the most respectable way he could.

He could not outrightly let it be known that he knew who he was speaking to as he was sure the Anbu protecting her were watching and it might arouse suspicion. 

He decided to use the term Big sister as he could ascertain the age gap between them was not that large so Kushina Should be in her early teens.

"Lord Third Informed me that you had requested for a Fuinjutsu tutor, or was that not the case?"

'Ooh It is about that?, it had almost slipped my mind. She must have taught Minato Fuinjutsu, so she should be an expert in this.'

"Yes it was, I had asked for a Fuinjutsu tutor as the prize from my rank promotion."

"Good to Know, but why do you want to learn Fuinjutsu?" Kushina asked with her gaze locking onto Renjiro with a mixture of warmth and intensity.

"Because I want to." Renjiro plainly answered.

"..."

For a minute there Kushina did not know what to say.'What is happening? No! This was not supposed to be happening. He was to have a grand reason then I would somehow discredit it. But he is still a child.'

Meanwhile, Renjiro just stared back at her, He had thought of ways to bullshit his way out of this but couldn't think of one. Instead of wasting time, he just decided to play dumb.

"Ooh I almost forgot, how can I claim to be your future Master before Introducing myself, I am Uzumaki Kushina."

"Uzumaki?" Renjiro asked, completely committing to the role.

"Yes, I was born in Uzushio but relocated to Konoha," Kushina's voice momentarily turned sombre at the mention of Uzushio.

"And as a Fuinjutsu Grandmaster, you should be able to learn quite a few things from me."

'A grandmaster huh? She's quite young to be one. But considering that she was partly the reason Minato excelled in Fuinjutsu, it not far-fetched.'

Before he could fully absorb the weight of her words, Kushina's demeanour took a subtle turn. A mischievous glint danced in her eyes, and a sly smile played on her lips.

"Alright, Renjiro," she said, her tone a blend of warmth and amusement. 

"But before we dive into the scrolls and seals, let's see just how well you handle a bit of the unexpected. Fuinjutsu is as much about adaptability as it is about precision."

With a swift movement, Kushina retrieved a set of unmarked scrolls from the table.

"Consider this a warm-up," she remarked, extending the scrolls toward him. 

'A warm-up to what?' Renjiro Lamented he had just started working on his Fuinjutsu and now here he was being asked to adapt. Let alone Adapt he had not yet made one full seal.

"Show me what you're made of, and we'll see if you're ready for the real lessons."

Renjiro, though still processing the rapid turns of the conversation, accepted the scrolls with a determined nod. 

As he unrolled the first scroll, a complex array of symbols greeted his eyes. Kushina observed with keen interest, her gaze unyielding yet encouraging.

"So, Renjiro, what do you make of this?" she inquired, her voice a steady undercurrent in the room. 

"Remember, Fuinjutsu isn't just about the symbols; it's about the intent and the finesse with which you weave them into the fabric of your techniques."

Renjiro's eyes flicked back and forth between the unmarked scrolls and Kushina. 

'What does she expect me to do?'

"What's the matter, Renjiro?" Kushina inquired her tone a blend of curiosity and encouragement. 

"Is there something on your mind?"

Renjiro, meeting her gaze, admitted, "I... I only know two D-rank techniques when it comes to Fuinjutsu. I haven't even created any seals of my own."

"Only two techniques, huh?"

'This is going to be harder than I expected.'

=====
Your Reviews and Comments about my work are welcomed
If you can, then please support me on Patreon. 
Link - www.patreon.com/SideCharacter
You Can read up to 20 chapters ahead on Patreon.

20