chapter 2 Greenhouse
193 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 2

It's been eight years since my rebirth into this world, and I must say, it's breathtakingly beautiful. The portrayal of Lordaeron City in the game doesn't do it justice. This majestic city is much larger than its in-game counterpart, Undercity. To put it into perspective, there are approximately two million people residing here. Lordaeron reigns over various duchies, some of which might even surpass this city in size and grandeur.

Today, I'm spending time with my sister. At ten years old, she can be a bit childish and spoiled, but her endearing charm has won my heart. Being here has deepened my love for my family. Meanwhile, I've been learning and observing. I can see my stats, much like in the game, but it's still unclear if leveling up requires the same methods as in the game. If not, reaching level 100 will demand significant effort and dedication.

Curious, I glanced at my stats, noticing that they are quite impressive for an eight-year-old, especially when compared to other children.

Name: Arthas Menethil

  • Health Points (HP): 30
  • Mana Points (MP): 25
  • Armor: 6
  • Strength: 2
  • Agility: 4
  • Stamina: 3
  • Intellect: 5
  • Spirit: 4

"The stats look different from those in World of Warcraft, but it doesn't matter."

These numbers not only reflect my physical and mental growth but also hint at the potential within me. As I continue to grow and explore this world, I can't help but wonder about the adventures and challenges that lie ahead.

"Anyways, I've decided to delve into the world of alchemy and begin my training as a paladin," I mused to myself.

Turning to my sister, I said, "Calia, I need to speak with father about something. Why don't you go and play with your friends today?"

My sister, Calia, gazed at me with those irresistible puppy eyes. "But brother, I want to keep playing with you," she pleaded.

Her expression made it impossible to say no. She always knew how to pull at my heartstrings. "Can we play tomorrow instead?" I negotiated.

Calia's face fell slightly. "But you never have time for me; you're always buried in your books."

I sighed, knowing she was right. Ever since I turned five, I had been engrossed in magical texts, my curiosity insatiable. When I first began experimenting with my mana when I was five , I had a mere 7 mana points. Each day, I would drain my mana reserves completely, then meditate intensely to replenish them. I suspected that my young age might be a factor in my slower physical development and mana growth.

"Alright, fine," I conceded with a smile. Spending time with Calia was important too, and I couldn't let my studies overshadow our bond as siblings.

After two delightful hours of play, my sister succumbed to sleep's gentle embrace. I quietly called for her maids and guards to escort her to her chambers, then made my way through the sprawling halls of our castle to the throne room.

The castle corridors were a marvel, adorned with grand tapestries and glowing torches that cast warm light on the stone walls. Echoes of my footsteps mingled with the distant murmurs of the court, a constant reminder of the life teeming within these walls.

As I approached the grand doors of the throne room, a guard clad in the regal colors of Lordaeron stood at attention. "Your Majesty, how may I assist you?" he inquired with a bow.

"I wish to speak with my father," I responded, my voice echoing slightly in the vast hallway.

"Right away, Your Majesty." He promptly abandoned his post and opened a side door reserved for guards and servants. "Your Majesty, Prince Arthas requests an audience with you," he announced to someone inside.

"Let my son in," came the familiar, authoritative voice of my father, King Terenas Menethil of Lordaeron.

"Come, my son," my father beckoned as I entered the throne room. The grandeur of the room, with its high ceilings and the majestic throne, never ceased to awe me. "Good afternoon, Father," I greeted him, maintaining the formality due to a king.

"Why so formal, my son?" he chuckled, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Because you are the king," I replied.

He laughed heartily, a sound that filled the room with warmth. "Yes, I am the king, but I am also your father," he said as he lifted me onto his lap. "What brings you here, my son?"

"I want to learn alchemy, Father, and I also wish to train as a paladin," I stated earnestly.

"Why alchemy?" my father inquired, curious.

"I want to find ways to help our people, Father. Alchemy can do amazing things, like creating healing potions and more," I explained.

"You won't need a teacher for that; your mother is one of the best alchemists in the kingdom," he said with a laugh. "You must have inherited her love for alchemy."

He then grew more serious. "As for becoming a paladin, you are still young. You can begin your training at the age of ten."

As we conversed, I shared my observations with my father. "I've noticed the farmers' struggle, Father. Their plants wilt and perish too quickly," I began. "I have an idea to address this - a structure called greenhouse, designed for growing plants under controlled conditions, effectively extending the growing season."

Intrigued, my father’s eyes lit up. "What a fantastic idea, my son! Can you draw out how this greenhouse would look?" he asked. He signaled to a guard, instructing him to fetch paper and a quill.

Within a few minutes, I had the requested items in hand. I began to sketch my vision, explaining its mechanics as I drew. "Father, envision a house, but crafted entirely from glass or a similar transparent material," I said, my quill dancing across the paper.

"This 'greenhouse' would harness the sun's warmth, maintaining a summer-like environment inside, even during the coldest days. The glass walls and roof allow sunlight to penetrate, heating the interior and creating an ideal haven for plants."

I continued, my excitement growing. "In this unique dwelling, we could cultivate plants that normally wouldn't survive our harsh winters. Imagine having access to fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the year – it would be like harboring a slice of perpetual summer within our realm."

I detailed further, "The plants would thrive, shielded from the biting wind and frost. We can regulate their watering, ensuring optimal growth, and protect them from animals that might harm them."

Concluding my explanation, I added, "With such a greenhouse, our reliance on seasonal farming diminishes. We could sustain a continuous supply of food and even experiment with exotic crops previously unsuitable for our climate."

My father, listening intently, nodded in approval, clearly impressed by the potential of this innovative concept.

3