Chapter 24
147 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24: The Reward of Valor

After a prolonged and grueling war, the empire's attempt to reclaim its capital ultimately failed. They retreated, licking their wounds and regrouping for what appeared to be a preparation for a surprise counterattack. However, the resilience and strategy of the Beast Man's forces, led by Astricx, thwarted their plans, resulting in a decisive victory.

In the aftermath of the battle, Elsie, recognized for her bravery and significant contributions, was summoned to meet Astricx, the leader of the victorious forces. Astricx, a figure of both power and charisma, was known for his unwavering commitment to his cause and his formidable abilities in combat.

As Elsie was ushered into Astricx's presence, she was taken aback by his imposing yet noble appearance. His half-human, half-animal features exuded a unique, compelling aura. Even Elsie, who had always been focused on her mission and unswayed by distractions, found herself momentarily captivated.

Astricx, noticing Elsie’s arrival, greeted her with a respectful nod. "Elsie, your feats on the battlefield have not gone unnoticed. You have fought valiantly for our cause," he said, his voice resonant and commanding.

Elsie bowed slightly. "Thank you, Astricx. I fight for what I believe is right, and I am honored to have been able to contribute to our victory."

Astricx’s eyes lingered on Elsie, a hint of admiration in his gaze. "Your skills and dedication deserve recognition. I intend to reward you for your hard work. What is it that you seek?"

Elsie paused, considering her response. "I seek nothing for myself. But I have a friend, a soul that I have been carrying, waiting for the right time and place to revive him. My only wish is to fulfill that promise."

Astricx’s expression shifted to one of intrigue. "A noble request. I am aware of the magic that binds a soul for revival. I will grant you access to the resources and the sanctuary you need to bring your friend back."

Elsie’s eyes widened, a mix of relief and gratitude washing over her. "Thank you, Astricx. This means more to me than I can express."

Astricx nodded, acknowledging her thanks. "Your friend must have been someone extraordinary to inspire such loyalty. I wish you success in your endeavor."

As Elsie left Astricx’s presence, she felt a weight lift from her shoulders. The possibility of fulfilling her promise to Neil, which had seemed so distant, was now within reach. Astricx’s unexpected understanding and support added a new dimension to her journey, one that she hadn’t anticipated but deeply appreciated.

As she prepared for the task ahead, Elsie realized that her journey was intertwined with the fates of many – Neil, the Demon King, her adoptive parents, and now Astricx. Each encounter had shaped her, guiding her towards her destiny. With renewed determination and hope, she set her sights on the task of reviving Neil, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

4