Chapter One – Long Awaited Homeland
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth, 10th May 2145

Step out the door, A bustling wind brushed off a young man's face. Looking upward to the scarlet skies the young man said in a muffled voice "I am finally here.”

As the young man quickened his pace toward the air space inner building, his mind filled with a mix of excitement and apprehension. The idea of being able to return to Earth after four years of compulsory education program stirred up a wave of nostalgia and anticipation within him. He knew that this visit would be a significant milestone before he embarked on the next phase of his journey, “The awakening.”

The thought of the fellowship program funding running out soon added a sense of urgency to his steps after all, he spent quite credits to book the ticket back.

The young man arrives at the sleek futuristic yet aesthetic kiosk, A virtual notification pops up in his vision with robotic sounds, “Welcome to Nusantara, please provide the necessary identification for proceeding.”

And with his brainwaves, the young man then provides his ID.

A virtual screen pops up in his vision.

Name: Angus Kesuma      Element: Normal        Species: Earthling Humanoid

HP

MP

600 / 600

0 / 0

Visual: Male, 16 Years Old, 5 Foot 10 Inches, 140lbs (Medium)

Nationality: Nusantara Humanity Thrive Fellowship (Bronze Citizen)

Career: Fellowship Graduate

Affiliations: None

Stats:

STR

CON

AGI

DEX

INT

WIS

5

6

3

2

3

5

 

P.ATK

M.ATK

P.DEF

M.DEF

SPD

ACC

125

75

60

50

30

20

 

Synchronization Rate: Unawaken (sync locked)

Status: Normal

Credits: 20.500 (HF) 0 (SEUC)

Checking permit for visiting Nusantara.”

Entry permit granted.”

Angus blinked his dusky brown eyes, The air space was bustling with the sounds of footsteps and the view of people passing by it was an international air space in the capital, as he is pacing his step and continued walking through toward another sleek futuristic kiosk with a blinking transport sign in it and said, “One plane ticket to Yogyakarta Bastion please.” And in a second robotic voice replied, “There is a plane leaving in about an hour, 2.500 HF credit for one way, 4.000 HF credit for a round trip please confirm.” Without a second thought, Angus confirmed the one-way and paid for the plane ticket. After being able to find a seat in nearby seating, Angus closed his eyes, and the cacophony of the bustling air space slowly faded away. The fatigue from his long journey seeped into his bones, and he realized the opportunity to rest. The air space's artificial lighting casts a warm glow, creating a serene ambiance in the seating area. With his eyes closed, Angus allowed his mind to wander, envisioning the upcoming adventure that awaited him.

Earth was never the same, after the Star Extractor Universal Company (SEUC) encounter in the 2100s, Earth is self-awakened, and the acquaint with Mana and advanced technology transformed Earth as we know it into a fantasy sci-fi world. Mana is a force or supernatural energy in life that has existed since the beginning of creation, mana was volatile in nature, it could empower or corrupt at the same time.

In this new world, Earthlings and Earth with all in it also begin to awaken, there are variations of awakened. Those whose bodies awake, exhibit empowerment in strength, intelligence, and agility, and some who awake their minds able to connect and control the elements. There are twelve elements known so far, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Wood, Metal, Electric, Ice, Acid, Crystal, Light, and Darkness.

Some, whose spirit awakened could be materialized in a form, and to make it more chaotic not just a lifeform began to awake but, in some cases, an inanimate object also, while mostly the corrupted awakened categorized just a chaotic beast or object who is with no sentient and their purpose was to survive in this chaotic universe, there also whose gain sentient and become entirely new of their own, and those awakened beings are called NEXRUPIKA.

And within a short period of time, to survive Earthling began to adapt to the advanced technology brought by SEUC, forming a symbiosis with those awakened beings or objects. The scanner technology allowed earthlings to detect and analyze mana fluctuations, and the brain implants nanochip technology provided earthlings with means to interface their biological system with digital technology. This combination allows those awakened beings and objects to be connected to a vast network, where their data and information to stored, processed, and displayed in digitized format via a space storage mana-imbued card. While the SEUC technology makes it possible to harness, and tap the mana, and make it world-like game, the way body, mind, and spirit link with mana is still a mystery that needs to unfold.

Manafestor was a term for an intelligent being that was able to manifest or get into a contract with those NEXRUPIKA. With the advancement of technologies of space storage mana-imbued card or more commonly known as NEX-Card a NEXRUPIKA could reside in there. The Manafestor’s ability to manifest or contract differently for everyone, it was a common occurrence that Manafestor is only able to manifest or link into a single NEXRUPIKA in their whole life, but dual, triple, or quadruple exist. Manafestors with high synchronization rates can do so, there also possible for Manafestor to terminate their contract with NEXRUPIKA to contract with another NEXRUPIKA, but studies said that doing one side contract termination will affect the Manafestor soul in the long run.

Your plane is about to take off, please board the plane immediately.”

***

Exit from Yogyakarta Bastion air space, Angus could feel the longing he waited for so long, a rich cultural heritage building, a bustling and vibrant street life, dialect, and accent that he knew of, and traditions and culture where people still bustling vending their goods in streets was a familiar scene to Angus. It was his first-time visiting Yogyakarta, he was not born here, and as an orphan raised by NHTF in space colonies, he only learned his heritage roots through videos and lore left in from his motherland.

As he walked through the bastion center, he could not help but notice the change mana had brought, cities now acted as fortified bastions for humanity, equipped with the means to ensure survival. Though holding and snuggling up in the bastion is quite safe it will only result in annihilation in the long run. Traveling, and exploring outside the settlement is a new way of living. While danger and opportunities lurk anywhere, people rarely explore alone, they usually commission escort to the guild or join a team to travel. It was Angus's main reason back to Nusantara, to join Guild or a team, he wanted to start where his roots were, to progress and survive this chaotic universe.

Yogyakarta Bastion was one of the last standing bastions in central Java Island, it was a middle-grade bastion filled with mostly earthling humans. It was common for human earthlings to be awakened after they reach the age of 13 until 17 as their cells begin maturing at that age and can form a connection with mana. But to be able to survive in this chaotic universe a certain degree of awakening is a must, or they become like second-tier citizen which their livelihood and destiny does not grasp by their own hand.

Angus arrived at a hotel near Prambanan Sites, he planning to spend the night there since tomorrow Angus would be 17, this was his last chance to be awakened and change his fate, and he needed to prepare the necessary for his awakening. As he was in his hotel room, a simple one-bedroom with traditional wood furniture and a window with Prambanan Sites ruins as a view, he put his luggage down and then took out a small bag from his backpack, put it on the floor and carefully arranging the items he had gathered for this special occasion.

Inside the bag, he had a collection of mana stones, a trinket with cerulean stones in it, and a small vial containing a shimmering liquid called Mana Elixir. The one that Angus have was a Type-C Mana Elixir, a common elixir that was given to him after graduating from the fellowship program, it helps boost the manifestation of mana in the awakening process to a certain degree.

Mana stones, it is a byproduct residing in lifeform or inanimate objects that form because of mana. It serves as a catalyst in much-applied technology as the new energy, it also helps Manafestor to refine their body, mind, and soul so the synchronization with mana could increase progressively. Increasing the power of said Manafestor. Because of its uses, it was common for mana stones to become hard currencies today.

The Earth’s self-awakening also brought changes in geopolitical, now countries around the region banding with each other to make new governmental power, because they cannot hold alone against the chaotic beast tide that swapping and cornering humanity to the brink of annihilation. Many places, towns, or cities become ruins and deserted. As for Angus, NHTF was a band of countries from the Southeast Asia region in the past. It went through many bloody trials and upheavals to become like today.

Looking at the Type-C Mana elixir Angus could help but take a long sigh, as an orphan who was raised by the government his options are limited, in the early days of the fellowship program, his way of training his body and mind, was as punching bag for some rich and aristocrat brat. The helplessness of not being able to awaken early and the envy of those who got access to a better status, a better environment for the awakening process, and material resulted in a daredevil kind of mindset, for survival Angus lived with everything he had either physically or mentally, making him grow mature earlier where he should not, Angus believes as universe changed, either he changes with it or sweep away by the change.

As Angus stared at the trinket; his eyes filled with profound sadness. The longing was clearly visible in the depths of his gaze. The lines etched on his face deepened, revealing the weight of his emotions and sorrow. As he held the trinket in his hands, his fingers trembled slightly and said to himself while his hand clenched the trinket tightly.

Mother, Father, I will not fail, I will survive.”

***

1