CH3.5
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was given a workhouse in the city with a cot in an upper loft. Everything I could need to begin my craft was carried in by a team of goblin children. They were all male and kept in line by an adult goblin in full leather armor. The goblin was right; all I had to do was take a stone and crush some herbs.

 

Profession Alchemy lvl1 Tier 1

+1INT per player level

Description: A profession built to aid players by creating elixirs to fortify HP, MP, stamina, and stats. This profession is limited in its lower tiers. Higher-tier Alchemists can create artifacts of great power that can further bolster their abilities or be used for enchantments. Professions can be used to link with one another to create items that are normally impossible to craft.

 

The instant +23 to my INT was great, and by the looks of the profession, the higher I managed to push it, the more stat bonuses I was likely to achieve.

 

Lesser health potions were in the standard alchemy textbook provided by Blanca. All I had to do was boil two herbs together while focusing my mana to remove their impurities. After numerous failures and wasted resources, I threw a larger amount of herbs into the pot I used. I managed to make a tea that looked like the potion I was given.

 

Lesser Healing Tea

Effect

Regenerate 1HP per second over an hour. Stack Limit 5

 

I wrote down the ratios that gave me my latest screw-up and downed the tea. A giggle alerted me to a red-headed goblin with slit yellow eyes and a tiny cute green nose. She wore a red blouse and a black skirt that fell below her knees.

 

“You’re the new human. I wouldn’t want to be with you for six days. They’re going; they’ll send you to the mines.” The goblin girl said.

 

She smirked, letting one of her fangs poke between her lips. “I heard you waste two hours every day getting grub. I could be convinced to make the food runs for you if you let me watch you work.” The goblin said.

 

I took a sip of the tea, and my muscles immediately felt better. Manipulating delicate equipment while wearing weights greatly increased my xp gains for dexterity. If I could take my gear off, I was sure I could work faster, but there wasn’t anyone I trusted who could help me here. The goblins mostly gave me dirty looks when I walked the streets, and I was certain one of the vendors spit in my food every time. I needed to make some lesser potions and quickly if I wanted to get anything from my position.

 

“Well, that would help me out, and you can buy a little extra for yourself, too,” I said.

 

Eating with someone was much better than eating by myself.

 

She came back after a few more failed attempts. I made something weird.

 

Least Potion

Effect 1

Regenerate 1HP

Effect 2

Maintain Erection 3hrs.

 

My face heated up even as I wrote down the ingredients, and I moved on to my latest attempt.

 

The goblin girl returned with a sack full of poppers, a bag of fried potatoes, and two beef and cheese sandwiches.

 

“How did you get so much for the coin I gave you?” I asked.

 

She gave me a cheery smile before handing me a sandwich. “You got to know how to talk to people. I know you can do it if you try. Why don’t we practice?”

 

“Hey, my name is Frog, cause I’m green, and Father was naming 6 gobs. I was apparently bald and only got the red hair later. Could you Mos I like it better?” I blinked at the goblin girl that barely came up to my elbow. And looked at the feast she gathered with the coins I gave her.

 

“Mos it is,” I said and mixed another combination.

 

I focused my mana on the cauldron while it bubbled. “What are you thinking about?”

 

“Nothing,” I said.

 

She blinked at me and turned her head, shaking her mane of red hair. “You are supposed to be a smart alchemist; what do you mean by nothing?” Mos said.

 

The goblin girl covered her mouth. “Sorry, I’m not supposed to talk back to men. Gob girls that talk back get a slap and the behind to remind them. Mom says that pointing out problems can be a problem when men are working.”

 

“I’m not going to spank you. I don’t think I’m that much older than you.” I said.

 

“Uh huh,” Mos said.

 

She obviously expected more than that. I let out a huff and sighed. Maybe her mother had a point. “At first, I had to focus on my mana control to get the mixture to work at all, but it’s been days since I began. I already have the ratio down, so there isn’t much to think about.”

 

“So, Alchemy is adding ingredients, focusing mana, and result,” Mos said.

 

I froze at that. Those words sounded so much like Red. Clearly, there was a step missing. “Pa always said magic was about intent. You might want something to happen, but magic needs a guide through every step until it knows what to do. It's like training children.” Mos said.

 

Well, what did I want the ingredients to do? I thought about it for a second, and the answer came to me. They needed to be as pure as possible, and for that, I needed to burn away all the parts of them that wouldn’t do what I wanted.

 

After those thoughts left my mind, a black cloud appeared over my cauldron while mana leaked out of me like water from a bucket. Bolts of purple lighting poured down onto my cauldron, hitting the ingredients.

 

Skill Unlocked

Heavenly Tribulation lvl 1/9 tier 1

Description: Summon a mass of heavenly lightning to burn away impurities.

Effect: Choose desired properties to preserve and strike down the rest.

 

See Patreon or Kofi for Dinner Chapter and Bonus Content

CH4 and 5

Kofi

Patreon

1