Ubel Event Omake: Marduk University
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Signing up for an event when the system offered it was the best play. Who could resist going to a place called Magic Party College? Marduk University had it all coed dorms, unique items, and a whole extra 5 skills slots that can be taken from the event. Oh, and best of all time dilation in 10,000 days one will pass on the outside. The only downside was that all progress gained in the event stays. Only my memories and a single item can be left with me at the end. The best part of all was that no equipment could be taken to the event.

 

There were limits; only adventurers between lvl50 and 100 could join the event, so it was relatively low level. At lvl65, I barely squeaked by, but that was okay; my stats didn’t match my class level.

 

For the first time in months, I was free of my cursed training gear.

 

A moment after selecting the event, I appeared seated in front of a clean-shaven man in a business suit. His smiling face and outstretched hand already clutching mine were a little disturbing. The 200 silver stars flowing out of my account made me wince. I had a little over 10,000 silver stars left, and I couldn’t earn more in the event. Here, we could only earn tokens called nobles, a gold-colored coin that made up the currency in Spell world.

 

He clasped his hand over mine. “We are thankful to have you join our school, Mr. Atom.” I looked for a sign for the man’s name and thankfully saw it on the desk.

 

“I’m glad to be welcomed, Mr. Thorn. You teach herbology.” I said.

 

“Magical law, actually, but you aren’t the first to make that assumption. You should take my course; it's good to know your rights and how best to leverage them. War is coming, and few can escape conscription; you have four years to get the skills you need to survive. Unless you want to become a witch. But that has its own issues.”

 

I blanched at that statement, and the man smiled reassuringly. A war at the end of the four-year college wasn’t in the description. At level 65, I was hardly invincible in an event where adventurer levels capped at 100. Unlike an adventurer, if I died here, I died for real. I was only an NPC with a system.

 

“That’s okay; there is no guarantee you’ll attract a wealthy husband, and the state’s mandated 9 children for transwomen is quite a demand.”

 

“So your class can be taken as an elective right. I don’t even know what I’ll pick for my major.” I said.

 

The man laughed. “What you’ll pick. You need my class more than anyone I’ve signed on. Report to orientation tomorrow, and you’ll place your hand on the assignment orb like everyone else. Do well, and you could be an officer instead of just a student.” Mr. Thorn said.

 

I glanced at the pictures on the man’s shelf. “You have lovely children,” I said.

 

The man’s expression soured. “My dear Rose is in your year. With her talent, she could graduate as a colonel. Maybe you should be her lackey; she could use a loyal dog. Maybe I’ll put you in her dorm.”

 

The man gave me a look like I was trash; he wasn’t sure if he wanted to scrape off his boot or not. It was a strange feeling, and there wasn’t even a level above his head to go off of. Mages weren’t normally physically powerful.

 

I looked down at my own body. Muscles strained my uniform, and my biceps looked like metal cables stretched under my skin. My hands were inhumanly dexterous; I could shake a man’s hand as easily as I could pulverize it into sausage filling. The chair I sat in felt like it could shatter into sawdust at any moment. My muscles flexed, and I realized my butt never touched the chair. At rest, I could stand in a sitting position while never losing my balance. I sucked in a breath to get a hold of myself and continued sucking in the air until it felt like pounds of pressure sat in my lungs before a finally exhaled. Every cell in my body thrummed with its own stored electrical energy, ready to recover my stamina at any moment. Sleep, for me, was more a choice than a necessity for days at a time. A weight had been lifted from my body, unleashing my untapped potential.

 

Using my training gear and magnetized weights finally pushed me far beyond what a magic class like Lightning Elementalist should physically be able to do. I stood up, reveling in the freedom of a lack of weight on my body.

 

My eyes locked on the photo of the girl supposedly my age. In reality, she was at least 3 years my senior. Bouncing blonde curls flowed down her shoulders on a white sandy beach beside an older woman with oriental features. The blonde hair clearly came from Mr. Thorn. There were other children there, a man clearly of college graduation age and four younger children.  

 

This is just a little fun I'm going to have on the side between main chapters. Its an event I'm not taking super seriously. Technically its canon between chapter 10 and 11 Enjoy the event won't be behind a paywall. Each event chapter will bee 800 to 1200 words. 

 

See Patreon or Kofi for Dinner Chapter and Bonus Content

CH5, 6, 7,8, and 9 25k words

Kofi

Patreon

0