Ubel CH5.3
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The old goblin healer regarded the workshop where the human alchemist created more potions than what was promised for a year in a week with contempt. He was glad he had set the payment as weekly in the quest instead of upon delivery. The human could quickly bankrupt their Republic if he put his mind to it. As a show of what the kids call soft power he limited the human’s choice of alchemic ingredients to no complaints. Instead, the human requested kobolds from the dungeon. A week later his niece traveled from the home to the local food stalls and back happily ignoring the dirty looks she received. Something had happened, and Blonca felt no closer to bringing the human to the bargaining table than before.

 

That scheme, fortunately, was only one in a long list of schemes the goblin official partook in daily. Once they negotiated a contract and assigned another quest requiring the human to spend time in dungeons for the betterment of the Republic in exchange for regaining a few privileges instead of earning from drops was issued and accepted their Republic rose quickly. All he had to do was put the human in a position where he saw no other option than to agree. It was a shame to do that to an ally, but humans couldn’t be trusted; they thought differently than goblins and obviously had questionable definitions of ownership and theft.

 

Once his bit of fun was over, he focused on other, more pressing matters.

 

Other goblin towns far from to the east sent yellow skinned envoys covered in sores and dripping with puss. The ground those gobs walked upon turned yellow and vile. If not for the human’s pills of disease cure, the yellow sickness would have poisoned them. A loss of livestock before their latest baby boom would be disastrous. There were already talks of rationing food, which led to many brawls in the Senate.

 

The human’s pills aided them in retaining their current herd but not in increasing their food supply. Fortunately, the dungeon helped with added meat.

 

His secretary, a green-skinned goblin girl with so much booty, walked in carrying a petition from the popular class. They were a group of numerous gobs but poor skilled tradesmen and warriors, so without the prospect of finding wives. Even the human alchemist deserved a bride to bind his descendants to the Republic. Human blood could be bred out in a few generations.

 

A cough dragged him out of his musings. “We have fifty thousand signatures requesting the state to issue wives to every goblin,” Cat said.

 

Blonca’s smirk was all teeth. “If they want wives, we have plenty to go around. I do hope they like scales.”

 

Seeing the description of my potion and seeing the effects on the kobolds were vastly different. A painful hiss took up my attention as the anally administered pill took effect. I set a timer, and every ten minutes cut the kobold to watch it slowly heal. When it stopped healing, I gave it a healing potion and recorded my results. The point of the pill was to help increase the rate of my training.

 

Blanca requested a meeting four days ago, and I blew the man off. Removing me wasn’t possible without canceling his quest. I checked to be sure, for better or worse this workshop was mine. I discovered that under a certain threshold, regeneration pills didn’t repair the body in a way that supported gains. Regenerating 100 HP per sec for an hour was great for keeping me alive in dungeons but terrible when I needed roughly 5HP per sec to make gains immediately from breaking my body during training.

 

As an experiment, I gave Mos a scroll of healing. When she read it, she had to eat a ton and gained 3 inches in two days. I searched for a while and found an old chart for training goblins in the most optimal way possible. Healing items and physical stat growth could see a goblin gaining a regen tank class. All they needed was a little stat growth before they finished becoming a hob. The process normally took two weeks to finish once started depending on available food sources.

 

I searched more in-depth and found that hobs weren’t limited by their Republic’s wealth. They were more personal wealth-based, and many evolutions furthered that perk tree. Over the next few days, I managed to tone down the effects of the regeneration pills to enhance the stat gain process instead of HP regen. After reading up on a few articles about healing and alchemy, healing to grow stronger and healing to return to a former state of health were two completely different concepts. I had to remove part of one with tribulation lightning to get the right effect.

 

Alchemy lvl9/9 Tier 1

Description: The world shutters when an alchemist that knows what they want enters the field. Craft not only potions but ingredients themselves to create highly specialized effects.

 

Hint: Tier Up Quest is required to reach the next tier.

 

There are tier-up quests. That led me to another round of research before I remembered what my short-term goal for Mos had become. It was more a seed of thought that started growing.

 

Natural Goblin evolution line

Goblin

Hob Goblin

Orc

Troll

Giant

Titan

 

See Patreon or Kofi for Dinner Chapter and Bonus Content

CH6, 7, 8,  9, and 10  are on my patreon 25k in all

Kofi

Patreon

1