Ubel CH5.5
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That was fine; this place was perfect for my other rank-up quest.

 

Tactile Telekinesis Tier II Quest

Punch A ghost to true death.

 

 It was good fortune there were ghosts. This was also my second time seeing a massacre, and I hardly felt a thing. It wasn’t unheard of humans didn’t generally see goblins dying as a bad thing. There was no visceral reaction, like if I killed a human, but I was still processing wiping out my home village. Mercy or not, I harvested their xp.

 

While my thoughts weren’t in the game, my roaches were. The rush of power from leveling up was also sweet. I could practically feel my body humming. I was a quarter way to getting the spells and perks I needed. At level 25, I could snag another class perk but held off on it. At level 100 and prestige, the perks and spells available would be the strongest.

 

I pulled back my fist and punched out at a ghost swooping in before my roaches could loop around for another blow. My fist passed through the ghost, and a claw made of ice slammed into my stomach. It bypassed my armor, and I felt my insides freeze as inches of claws threatened to rip my guts out. My roaches came around in the next instant. The ghost fried, leaving me thinking about how I was going to make my fist magical enough to make contact with a ghost.

 

Atom Lvl26

 

Pushing mana out was my first choice, and ghosts immediately turned their attention to me when I did. Sounding a dinner bell would have been less obvious. I sneezed and wiped my nose while blasting ghosts. Lightning blasted from my wand until the ghosts stopped coming.

 

“Atom,” I turned to see Marie standing in the dungeon and suddenly felt less than an apple. “I can appear here because ghosts can appear here easier. Why did you give up on freeing me? Was it too hard to try?”

 

“You aren’t Marie,” I said.

 

The girl’s blonde curls fell to the side, revealing yellow boils on her head that soon spread to her face. “I prayed to the Devs that you would save me. Sometimes, I dreamed that you would find a cure and I would become healthy again. Then I started to hate you and imagined you becoming sick while I grew healthier.”

 

I felt raw like a nerve ripped out of flesh bared to the harshest wind and unforgiving desert. My face became stony while the shape of my sister slowly became more infected until all that was left of her was a raving zombie. My hand raised, and purple lightning crackled between my fingers. Contempt rose in me for the ghosts attempting to sway me with images of my sisters. Whether this was an apparition or hallucination, it didn’t matter to me. Everything had to die.

 

See Patreon or Kofi for Dinner Chapter and Bonus Content

CH6, 7, 8,  9, and 10  are on my patreon 25k in all

Kofi

Patreon

0