(Vol1) 47. Not Coincidence
47 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My father stares at me, eyes wide open. "S-Son...what happened? Haha, I think your  strength already surpassed mine." 

I gently smile and nod. 

My father continues his paperwork in his office as I take a seat on the couch. 

...

"Your squad will be in the expedition tomorrow. Rest up if there's nothing."

I stay rooted to the couch, starting at the floor. 

My father stops and glances at me. "What's wrong?"

"Can you...not attend this expedition?" I ask. 

...

My father walks to my side and sits down.

"Don't worry too much. I wasn't slacking when you were gone and I have you by my side. What is there to worry?" My father says. 

"I know but I'm...still worried."

"Brat, I should be the one anxious! Besides, I am a warrior and a protector. Death should not deter my honour and resolute."

I sigh and nod. It's pointless. 

"Anyways, a famous senior from your academy is partaking in the expedition, he was a tournament winner like you, get to know him."

"Dad, whenever you say that, I usually make enemies with those people," I reply. 

"I never said get along with him." My father smiles and pats my back. "If he dares to oppose you, show him who's boss." 

I touch my shoulder and rest my eyes. I miss times like this...

The Kingdom Expedition is an annual event over two months where the Royal Army sends combatants around the kingdom to protect and fight. It occurs in winter, when monsters usually attempt to migrate south, thus wreaking havoc in villages and cities. On the way, any other problems such as malicious terrorist cults are investigated and solved with collaboration from the IAA and The Magic Towers. My father is assigned to the second battalion moving out tomorrow. 

"Oh yes, Dad, what about my friend that I mentioned?" I ask. 

"The Mina girl? I've placed her under your squad as a special guest."

"Alright, thanks."

I accompany my father until he finishes the paperwork before going to sleep. 

The next day, my squad members and I ready ourselves with brand-new equipment provided by the army. My trusty sword, Power, has grown to exert twice the aura injected. 

From afar, I see Mina approaching my squad's dormitory. Behind her seem to be a few men in armour. 

"Greetings, Mina Yvelle." a man with piercing black eyes and grey hair puts out his hand to Mina. Compared to his followers, he exudes an aura of confidence and grace, wearing custom-made armour proudly. 

Mina awkwardly stops and shakes his hand. "Uh yes...and you are?"

"Ah right, forgive me, I am Gary Somba, a champion of the previous tournament in the academy and possesses the title of dragon slayer."

"You...are my senior?"

"Yes, my lady and I slayed a dragon." Says Gary. 

Mina raises her brow at Gary's tone and posture.

"O-Okay...?"

She sees me walking closer and pulls away. "Uh...nice to meet you, I will go to my friend now." 

"Wait-"

Mina ignores Gary and leaps to me. He clicks his tongue and glares at me. 

I try to hold back my laugh. 

"Loi!" Mina exclaims. 

"Who was that?" I purposely ask.

"I don't know...some weirdo," Mina whispers. 

"Pfft..."

I remember this guy. He was an impenetrable fortress who was infatuated with Mina. Even in the future, his irritating personality did not change. However, it comes with a reason as his strength was enough to split heaven and earth, partly also due to his status and abundance of resources. 

But the current Gary is a mere childish guy. The dragon he killed was a lesser dragon that sustained major injuries, something an elite knight can kill. Still, shall I test him?

"..."

A sinister smile unfolds when he senses no threat from me, unaware I'm withholding close to ninety percent of my aura. 

He walks up to me and glares eye to eye. "you are Mina's friend huh...name yourself."

...

"I'm nobody important," I say with a smile, focusing my gaze. 

!

Gary flinches and walks back, looking around in confusion. For a short moment, Gary experienced instinctive fear in his soul. 

"A peak master?" He mumbles to himself.

"N-Nobody important? Figured since you belong to the pity squad. Be grateful you get to travel with yours truly." 

"Sure!" I reply. 

"Ugh..." Gary wants to say something but quickly turns and leaves. 

"Sir, why are you leaving? He tarnished your honour!" His followers ask. 

"Shut up!" Gary simply says and storms off. 

...

"Bully..." Mina says. 

"What are you talking about?" I'm no longer surprised by Mina. She's a true protagonist.

Though, I'm curious about Gary's status. 

I think about it as I stare at Gary's back. 

----------

Gary Somba 

Fate: 150000

Role: Main Character

Affiliation: ARW 

Talents:

-Sword Tier 10

-Magic Tier 8 

Attribute:

-Defense Tier 10 

Skills:

-Final Ground 

-Indomitable Confidence 

-Blessing of The Sword Saint

Extract?

[Yes][No]

----------

!??

I didn't touch him yet...

Is this related to my enhanced senses? 

This certainly is more...convenient.

"Loi?" Mina says. 

"Ah, yes?"

"Where is the Armour of Dragons?" 

"I gave it to my father, he needs it more than me." 

"I see..."

"Sir Loi, who is this lady...?" Issac shows up with my entire squad. 

I introduce Mina to everyone. 

"The Fire Martial Witch!?" they exclaim. 

Mina turns red from embarrassment. "Y-Yes, that's me..."

"It's an honour to have you, Ma'am!" Issac says. 

"Mhm..."

After our introductions, we set off the central plaza where every squad assigned gathers. We line up behind the various square formations of squads and wait. 

An impressive pressure congregation from every single knight paints the image of strength. 

A handsome young man of silver moonlight grace walks up the elevated stage in front of the plaza. 

!

That's...

Every commanders position themselves in a line on the stage and salutes. "Greetings Chief Commander!" they shout. 

"Greetings Chief Commander!" The knights in the plaza echo, trembling the mountains and scaring birds. 

The man nods and scans through the crowd until he sees me. One exchange in gazes sends chills down my spine. 

"A wonderful day to kill some monsters!" He says. "I, Chief Commander Zepdas, will be the Commanding Knight for this battalion's operation, a pleasure to meet everyone!"

Mina throws a glance at me. "Loi...?"

I couldn't hide the anger boiling inside. 

--------

Zepdas "Lan" Havoc 

Fate: 100000 

Role: Villain 

Affiliation: ARW 

Fourth Stage of Formation Realm 

Talent:

-Sword Tier 5 

-Dagger Tier 6 

Attribute:

-Darkness Tier 10 

-

Skills:

-Cold Blooded Psychopath 

-Expression Manipulation 

-Quick Calculation 

Extract?

[Yes][No]

--------

...How great would it be if I could just extract and kill him off easily to some mysterious force of nature. 

But in reality, things don't just go my way. I am reminded of Ryse Kard and the unintended consequences. Zepdas strength and influence is high up on the chain, killing him is very difficult and if he suddenly dies, it will be to something...extraordinary and unexpected. 

Will I summon a demon lord to kill him? I don't want to imagine. 

...

In the end, I can only kill him myself or change the future to reduce his fate as much as possible. 

4