Chapter 12: Are you looking for a teammate or a blind date?
452 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why are you here?”

Sato Hikaru, who was huddled under the quilt and did not have enough sleep, stared at the beautiful pair of water-blue eyes in front of him.

“This is my room, right?”

“Ah this, I told the kind thief next door that I forgot to ask you for the key, she then helped me to open the door.”

“Tsk, it seems that you can’t have too high an expectation towards safety in a hotel in another world…”

Scratching his head in displeasure, Sato Hikaru forced himself to get up from his bed. Let out a long yawn, and looked at Aqua: “So, why did you come to look for me?”

“En, I’m here to call you to eat breakfast together.”

“Breakfast? You can eat by yourself; I still want to sleep.”

“Oh.”

Nodding his head, Aqua reached out her hand naturally towards Sato Hikaru and said, “Then give me the money for breakfast.”

“I’m really stuck with you, huh?”

“Do you think I want this?!”

When Aqua heard this, she immediately burst into tears and sat down in front of Sato Hikaru’s bed.

“If you had not brought me here, I would have been eating potato chips and reading the latest fashion magazine in heaven right now, I would not even need to look for people so early in the morning for help to open the door just for breakfast, okay!”

Awakened by Aqua so early in the morning, and she even cried and howled by his bed side, Sato Hikaru’s head was about to explode and as a result, he no longer felt sleepy.

“Stop stop stop! Don’t make any more noise, you are giving me a headache.”

Rubbing his aching head, Sato Hikaru, who was no longer sleepy, could only get up: “Don’t make a sound like a woman who was abandoned by a heartless man. I can help you pay for your breakfast today, but next time, if you need any money go out and complete a mission to earn money by yourself! OK?”

“Okay! Let’s go and eat now!”

“Hey…”

Seeing Aqua who had stopped crying and regained her energy in an instant, Sato Hikaru could not help but hold her down: “Didn’t you hear? After breakfast, you will have to go on a mission by yourself.”

“No problem, isn’t it only an adventurer mission to defeat low-level monsters.”

Aqua put her hands on her waist, and said proudly: “Don’t forget, I am the Goddess of Water, Aqua!”

“Really…”

Seeing Aqua's arrogant and self-inflated look, Sato Hikaru felt like he could already foresee Aqua’s miserable state running towards him, crying and rolling around…

But to have confidence is always a good thing.

After eating a simple and affordable breakfast in the guild, Sato Hikaru watched Aqua take the high-level mission of [Defeat A Griffin] and proudly departed.

There was no intention of reminding her that high priests other than fighting against undead and demons basically had no capabilities to harm others.

“Well, she won’t die anyway since no matter how much you stretch it, there is no one who can match the goddess’s attributes.”

After sending Aqua away, Sato Hikaru finally had the time to take a good look at the guild’s mission board.

“Let’s first filter out high-level demons, filter out ones with long distance, filter out ones which require teammates…”

…….

Looking for a lost white wolf pet (this child is afraid of strangers, it is recommended for hunter class with taming skills, otherwise it is easy to hurt it.)

Help deliver a letter to the daughter of the west street bakery owner (It is best if it is a lady, otherwise you might be kicked out by the store manager, and handsome guys are prohibited from taking this job!)

Instruct sons of nobles in swordsmanship (require rune knight or great swordsman, preferably has learned basic noble etiquette.)

Eastern city’s signature bathhouse requires temporary cleaner (requires sufficient physical strength, preferably magician who has mastered some water magic)

Looking for magic experiment assistant (requires high magic resistance or those confident in their physique)

————

“What the hell is this, most of the missions with no job requirements are low-paying errant jobs, as for the last one, isn’t this looking for a test subject? A guinea pig is a guinea pig, it actually uses the word ‘assistant’ to fool people.”

Although Sato Hikaru had long known that the tasks in a novice village like Axel were trivial.

But he never thought that the missions were so…diverse.

This felt like a labor dispatch from his previous life!

“Hm? This is…”

Suddenly, Sato Hikaru saw a notice for recruiting teammates, and he subconsciously squinted his eyes at it.

——

Recruiting teammates.

I, a great mage, am recruiting teammates as professional guards.

Requirements: A gentle person who is willing to listen to me, will not laugh at my weird name, willing to accompany me even when there is no commission.

If possible, I hope it is someone around my age.

——

“This… is this recruitment for a teammate or for a blind date?”

While complaining, Sato Hikaru wanted to continue looking for another suitable mission, but when he was about to look away, he suddenly saw something from the corner of his eye.

“This is… a mark of the crimson demon clan?”

Rereading the information on the notice…

Great mage, crimson demon clan, combined with that feeling of cautious and overflowing sense of loneliness in between the lines…

“It can’t be such a coincidence, right?

Thinking of the girl she met yesterday, who had been hiding behind the nasty loli, Sato Hikaru was no longer in a hurry to take on a task.

He turned around and quickly scanned the guild.

Sure enough, in a deserted corner, he saw a familiar figure sitting at a long table playing chess with herself.

There was no one around her, except for a cat sleeping beside the chessboard.

That lonely figure looked really desolate.

26