Ch135- Lunar Step Taijutsu
226 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


Lunahime, regaining her composure and standing tall among her new companions, looked between Hinata and Hanabi. "Remember, our power is tied to the moon and its phases. You'll find our abilities wax and wane with its cycle," she reminded them, ensuring they understood the full scope of their pact.

Hinata and Hanabi, their expressions a mix of awe and delight, watched as Lunahime detailed the capabilities of the Lunar Hare Tribe. Hinata, her smile warm and sincere, turned to the hare. "Thank you, Luna-chan," she said, her gratitude evident in her voice. Beside her, Hanabi pouted slightly, her enthusiasm undimmed. "She's so cute, I want to sign with them too," she whined, her eyes fixed on Lunahime with undisguised longing.

Horyu, observing the interaction, considered Hanabi's request for a moment before shaking his head. "You're not compatible, Hanabi," he stated, his voice firm yet not unkind. Hanabi's face fell, and she looked up at him, confusion and disappointment mingling in her gaze. "Why?" she asked, her voice tinged with sadness.

Horyu sighed, searching for the right words. "Hinata is, how can I put it, more gentle. You, on the other hand, are fierce and more proactive," he explained, trying to make Hanabi understand the nature of her incompatibility with the Lunar Hare Tribe. Hanabi, after a moment's thought, nodded in acceptance. It was true; from what Lunahime had described, the Lunar Hare Tribe's pacifist and healing-oriented nature aligned more closely with Hinata's gentle spirit than with her own fiery temperament.

As the sun dipped further below the horizon, casting the training grounds in a soft twilight, the conversation shifted. Horyu, his gaze lingering on the sisters and Lunahime, considered the broader implications of their newfound alliance. Hinata, with the Lunar Hare Tribe's backing, would have access to a unique blend of abilities that could significantly enhance her capabilities as a shinobi. The thought pleased him; strengthening Hinata not only served to bolster her confidence but also added a valuable ally to his growing network of connections within Konoha.

Turning his attention back to Hanabi, who was still visibly disappointed, Horyu spoke up. "Don't worry, Hanabi. There are many summoning creatures out there. We'll find one that suits you perfectly," he assured her, his voice carrying a rare hint of encouragement.

Hanabi's face brightened at his words, her earlier disappointment dissipating. "Really?" she asked, her energy returning in full force.

Horyu nodded, a plan already forming in his mind. "Yes, really. We'll start looking when the time is right," he promised, knowing well the strategic value of having both Hyuga sisters as strong and capable allies.

As the evening grew deeper, Hinata and Hanabi, energized by their discussions and the promise of future endeavors, resumed their training. Lunahime offered insights and guidance, her presence a calming yet powerful influence.

She couldn't help but say, "Your Taijutsu style is oddly similar to our Tribe's Lunar Step Taijutsu." Stopping, Hinata and Hanabi looked at Lunahime as she continued, "When I saw your eyes, I thought they were special, but it seems like I underestimated them. You can see Chakra Points, can't you?" She asked. The sisters nodded, as Hinata asked, "Are they really similar?"

Lunahime nodded, "Yes, Lunar Step Taijutsu focuses on the cycle of the moon, mimicking the serene and ethereal movements of the moon, gliding and fluidly dancing around an opponent. We have an innate ability to see the points in every creature's body we call nodes, and we strike those points to disrupt their Chakra flow and injure them from within. We also have rapid strikes that we can use due to our agility and precision. Starting weak, and ends with a powerful strike of the full moon. We also have a defensive maneuver that draws on the waning phases of the moon, focusing on redirecting and avoiding attacks with minimal effort. Practitioners learn to anticipate and move with their opponent's energy, creating opportunities to counterattack."

Hanabi's eyes sparkled with fascination. "So, you can basically dance around your enemies and strike them where it hurts most without them even realizing it?" she asked, her voice tinged with excitement.

Lunahime chuckled softly. "Precisely. It's not about brute force; it's about precision and using the opponent's strength against them."

Hinata, deep in thought, nodded slowly. "It sounds like our Gentle Fist technique but with more... fluidity and less direct confrontation."

Horyu watched the exchange with interest. "It's about leveraging your strengths," he interjected. "The Hyuga's Gentle Fist focuses on direct hits to Chakra points, while the Lunar Step incorporates evasion and anticipation. Combining the two could yield a formidable technique."

Lunahime turned to Horyu, her gaze appraising. "You understand the essence of our technique. It's about harmony with the natural world, adapting to the ebb and flow of battle like the phases of the moon."

Hinata's mind raced with possibilities. "Could you teach me some of the Lunar Step techniques?" she asked, her voice hopeful. "I believe it could enhance my Taijutsu and make it more versatile."

Lunahime nodded, a sense of duty evident in her posture. "I will teach you, Hinata. Your connection to the moon and your natural aptitude for sensing and striking Chakra points make you an ideal pupil."

Hanabi bounced on her toes, unable to contain her excitement. "What about me? Can I learn too?" she asked, eager not to be left out.

Lunahime smiled. "Of course. While your energy is more fiery, learning to channel it with the grace of the moon will make you unpredictable and difficult to counter."

As the sun set, casting the training ground into twilight, Hinata and Hanabi stood ready, their attention fixed on Lunahime. The hare began to demonstrate the basics of the Lunar Step, her movements graceful yet precise. Each step she took seemed to carry her effortlessly across the ground, her form blurring at the edges as if she was indeed a creature of the moonlight.

Hinata and Hanabi followed her lead, attempting to mimic the fluidity of her movements. It was challenging at first, the concept of moving with such deliberate grace contrasting with the direct approach of the Gentle Fist. Yet, as they persisted, the sisters began to grasp the fundamentals, their bodies slowly syncing with the rhythm Lunahime set.

Lunahime paused, turning to face Hinata and Hanabi. "Now, let's apply what you've learned. Imagine your opponent before you, anticipate their movements, and use the Lunar Step to position yourself advantageously."

The sisters nodded, closing their eyes for a moment to visualize the scenario Lunahime described. When they opened them again, there was a new determination in their gaze, a readiness to test their newfound skills.

As the training session continued under the watchful eyes of Horyu and Lunahime, Hinata and Hanabi moved with increasing confidence. Their steps, initially hesitant and awkward, became more assured, a dance of shadows and moonlight on the training ground.

Lunahime, satisfied with their progress, called for a pause. "That's enough for today," she said, her tone gentle yet firm. "You've both taken your first steps into a larger world. The Lunar Step is not mastered in a day. It requires patience, practice, and a deep connection with the natural rhythms of the world."

Hinata bowed deeply, gratitude shining in her eyes. "Thank you, Luna-chan. I feel like I've discovered a new way to express my Taijutsu."

Hanabi, equally enthusiastic, mirrored her sister's gesture. "Yeah, thank you! This is so cool!"

--

Please rate and review! Much appreciated! Leave a comment, tell me what you think!


To Read up to 50 advance Chapters (25 for each novel) and suppot me...

patreon.com/thefanficgod1

Please drop a comment and like the chapter!

18