The Ruin 1
113 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I stepped out of the portal what greeted me was an empty room filled with debris of falling walls. A luminescent stone lit up the room making it seeable.

I prepare my new weapon the Blackcliff Clasher before me. I surveyed the surroundings but found no enemy. I didn't lower my guard.

Lumine, Lisa, and Amber walked out of the portal with weapons in their hand.

"Room clear," I whispered. The three nodded.

After waiting for the other teams to come out of the portal. Then we proceed to slowly venture into the passage that leads us to the way out of this room.

The passages were long and filled with destroyed walls. Some parts were so dark that made us vigilant. Thankfully, some Pyro users sent some fireball or something to light forward. It was just a floating ball of fire; it should be a fire wisp or something.

I think we are too vigilant, well its given when walk out of this passage the real thing will be more dangerous.

Not long after the door that should lead us out is finally in our view. It cannot be called a door as it's just a wall. If not for the lever by the side we would think it's a dead end.

Amber approached the lever intending to pull it.

"Wait," Eula called out.

Amber stopped in her tracks, she looked at Eula.

"Aliya, can you please use your ability to pry the other side of the wall?" Eula turned her head to Aliya. She then looks back to Amber. "We don't know if an enemy is standing by at the side of this wall."

Amber realized the severity of the matter and nodded in understanding.

 Aliya approached the wall, extending her hands on the wall. Her body lit up in a green color, It's the power of nature or Dendro elemental. The Dendro elemental particles hover around her as she casts a spell that I don't know of. But it should be related to spying skills.

Slowly the light around her retracted.

"Reporting, No hostile enemies detected at the other side of the wall, the other side appears to be a small library. However, outside of this library, there is an open door with Hilichurls patrolling the area."

"Good job. The patrolling Hilichurls is according to plan."

Eula walked to the lever as she pulled it. The wall slowly opened. Our group walks out carefully. The open door is in the distance, we quickly leaned to the side of the door waiting for the patrolling Hilichurls.

Not long after. We heard footsteps. I was leaning closer to the door on the right while Eula was on the left side. The plan was to ambush the Hilichurls.

Two footsteps. Just normal Hiluchurls. They stopped outside the open door. They did not get in, maybe because they already surveyed this area. After stopping for a while they walk away.

Eula and I gestured to each other. Trodding carefully, stealthy coming up behind the Hilichurls. Raising my claymore and bringing it down swiftly.  

The Hilichurls did not even let out a scream before disintegrating. In this world, there is no such thing as health points once someone pierces your heart or cuts off your head, you die.

That's what I did, Swiftly decapitated the Hilichurls. I walk back to the room as I silently signal them to come out.

We decided not to open our mouths lest there could be something that could hear us. That would jeopardize the plan.

The passage has two paths. The two teams split up. Noelle's team and the other team will go to the left as planned. While Eula's team and My team will go to the right.

The path was desolate. Because this area is far from the inner area of the Ruins or even the Outer area. Our objective this time is not in the inner area which has plenty of Abyss Orders.  

The objective is the outer area. Lisa told us that in the outer area, there is a device that holds the entire Ruins. By destroying that device this Ruin will collapse.

I asked Lisa why the ancient civilizations put the very important devices in such a place.

Lisa answered saying. "Because such device can be easily created by the ancient civilization."

But that does not answer my questions. I told her. "What about the enemies they had, maybe they had the same plan as us."

"I also had the same questions. However, it appears they also have another device that protects these devices in the inner area, hidden from plain sight."

"Wouldn't we need to go to the Inner area?"

"Not necessarily, the device was already retrieved by the Knight of Favonius. It's sitting in the storage."

That was the conversation we had. The passage finally had another fork. Eula and I looked at each other as we separated. We also found patrolling Hilichurls, which we swiftly dealt with.

"A mitachurl."

Amber whispered near my ear. On the right side of the path, a Mitachurl is leaning against the wall. We don't know if it's asleep or just sitting because of its mask.

This is a dilemma. The path is cross-shaped. On the west side is a passage to the east where the Mitachurl is, we are on the south side. The north has stairs which would lead us to the outer area.

I peek as I observe the Mitachurl. It's hard to say if it's awake or asleep. I pick a pebble on the ground and then throw it away.

The sound of the pebble hitting the ground wasn't loud but it was not low either. However, the Mitachurl didn't react. To confirm, I throw another one but this time the target is the body. I throw with considerable strength but not enough for it to get hurt or feel pain.

It didn't flinch. It lifted its arm and slapped the area where I hit. But it didn't stand up.

"It's asleep. Let's go." I gestured for them to come closer to me. I whispered to them.

I stealthily proceed to stride toward the stairs. I turn around and peek at the Mitachurl. It did not react. I nodded to the girls, and they succeeded.

I was sweating. Failure is not an option. We then yet again proceed forward but very carefully. When we encounter Hilichurls patroling alone or by pair, Lumine and I will take them out in one fell swoop.

I don't how much time passed by. It felt like hours had already passed, I didn't have opportunities to glance my watch. It's because if there is a group of Hilichurls, we would hide until they are gone.

We could've taken them down but that will cause a large ruckus alerting the nearby enemies.

After an hour or so. Our objective is on sight. The place is a large hall with a complicated pattern glowing. But these patterns connect to the middle. In the middle of the hall is our objective, it's a large crystal. We are on the second floor behind a railing.

The place is heavily guarded.

4 Mitachurls with wooden shields guarding the sides. 2 abyss mages, a cryo, and a hydro. A bunch of Hilichurls and some Samachurls.

"This is not good," Lumine whispered, her expression was complicated just like the other two. This situation is not good indeed.

However, this is within our expection. 

9