The Ruin 3
94 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight was fast. Very fast, we took down dozens but I'm still energetic. The four of us surround the objective.

"Let's place our objective," I said.

The three nodded. Lumine took out the bomb out of her storage. She places the bomb on the crystal. The bombs has four claws and the claws are firmly attached to the crystal. But if you look closely you can see a smiley face in the middle of the bomb.

You'd probably guess where this bomb comes from.

But if you don't, it belongs to a certain little girl who is outgoing and energetic and loves to get in trouble anytime. She's quite naive because she causes multiple troubles for the Knights of Favonius. She loves to deal with problems with her lovely explosives, one of the reasons she always gets into trouble.

As the bomb firmly attached to the crystal something happened it became invisible.

"Wow, with this even if there is enemy reinforcement. They wouldn't know we put a bomb on it." I exclaimed.

"Right, with Captain Albedo's help, we can create such a thing in a matter of time." Amber proudly answered.

"Why do you look so proud? It's not you who invented it?" I teased.

"What did you just say!?" Amber's vein bulged after hearing that. She's already furious, I stole Eula from her. Now that I was teasing her she got angry.

I chuckled. "Hmm, you heard me."

"That's it, I have enough. I tolerated you more than I could handle." She furiously glared at me. But I could tell she was not serious. I can see the girl's expression. If she is pissed off, I wouldn't tease her, I'm not stupid.

Also, she's Eula's best friend, or maybe sister-like. I wouldn't want any conflict between me and her, is quite the opposite, I would love her to join.

Lisa on the side crossed her arms as she watched me and Amber with a smile on her face.

I ignored Amber and took a glance at Lisa who was grinning slyly. I shook my head, this woman.

"Lisa, what's the other team's situation."

"Noelle's team has already planted the bomb. Eula and the other team are still fighting."

Lisa's brow creased as she manipulated the device. "That's weird, How is Eula so slow? She should've already dealt with this kind of thing easily."

My entire body shook. "What did you say?"

"Considering Eula's party consists of powerful individuals If the defending enemy is like we dealt with, they should've already dealt with this kind of situation pretty easily."

"Are you implying they are in danger? Then we should help them!" Amber eyes widened. Eula is her best friend how could she not be worried?

I became silent. My intuition always helped me survive. I was prepared, I thought it would come to us. This is not like this. My chest is so painful like being gripped so tight, I couldn't breathe.

Why is it targeting someone but not me?

As if sensing my emotions. Lumine came to my side, grabbing my hand. I look at her eyes.

"Let's go. Let's help her."

"You're right. We should help them. That is what I wanted to say. But the problem is how? If we rushed to that place it would be too late and we would alert this place further." Lisa folded her arm below her breast while the other cup her chin. She used every brain cell she could use to make a plan.

She is not a strategist for archon's sake.

I'm not delusional to think I'm strong enough to raid this place. If we go to where Eula is stealthy it would take an hour or so. I can't imagine what will happen. No, I don't dare to.

"But we can't leave them there!" Amber loudly exclaimed. She got agitated. "I will not leave her! How about you Mr. Lover? Are you going to leave her?"

"..."

"Why are you silent? Don't tell me you will!! I'm so disappointed in you! Bastard! I've never thought you were like this, what did she see in you!...."

"Shut up! Did I say I will leave her? Do you know how painful it is? Do you know how I wanted to rush there so badly? I have to think of a way! I can't endanger you all because I was selfish. Eula gave me this job to lead you."

"But we can't just be silent. We have to take action." Her eyes became teary when I scolded her. Apart from her parents no one ever scolded her. People praised her whenever she went. But she was still thinking of Eula.

"I know," I said.

"Don't fight everyone. Why are you all fighting? Lumine has something to say!" Paimon appeared her expression was panicking.

"Huh?"

"Lumine tell them." Paimon beckoned Lumine who was closing her eyes. Her hand is still holding mine. When Paimon calls out to her, she opens her eyes and then lets out a deep sigh.

"Thank god," Lumine whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When we were buying necessities earlier. We came across an alchemy shop. We found an extremely helpful Item."

"What is it?" Amber urged her.

"It's called portable waypoint."

"Wait you don't mean?" Lisa's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes. We bought it, I would like to create one but the owner doesn't know the blueprint. I know this item will be useful."

"That Item is considered to be useless," Amber said then she added with her eyes brightened as if she saw hope. "However, if Lumine has that Item she can use it!"

"Yes, I gave Eula, Noelle, and the other team leader each." Lumine nodded.

"Lumine," I called out her name softly. My aching heart returned to normal. I felt happiness because I saw hope.

"We are companions we share each other's burden," Lumine repeated what I've always said to her. I wrap my arms around her surprising her.

"Lumine, you are the best companion ever," I whispered. "Thank you."

"Un." Lumine with a red face nodded cutely.

"Come on, no time for that. I'm getting anxious already!" Amber separated me and Lumine. She takes Lumine's free hand.

Lisa came to my other side and took my hand as she also took Amber's hand.

"Ready?"

We nodded. The surroundings became distorted. When we came to our senses we found ourselves in the middle of encirclement. I saw dozens of Mitachurls, dozens of Ruin Guards, Dozens of Abyss mages, and Hundreds or so Hilichurls.

"Ronan? Why are you here?" I looked back and saw Eula, with the piece of portable waypoint in her hand, then it cracked and fell into pieces.

10