Chapter 1 : Bob
339 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You died" A voice said to me. I do not recognize the tone of the voice at all. Heck, I don't even recognize the person standing right in front me. They have the outline of a human, but they do not have any sexual organs indicating that they are male or female. The figure infront of me looks like a bright, shining humanoid and is currently floating on air. Also did I also mentioned that they are huge, like really really huge, about the size of mountains? Perhaps even bigger. 

"I see..." Those were the words that managed to get out of my mouth. I wanted to ask many things, for example 'Why did I die' 'How the heck did I die' and 'Where the fuck am I'. There are other more questions but strangely enough I do not feel panick. Instead I feel calm right now. Like unecessarily calm.  Perhaps it was due to the shock of me hearing the news that I died or perhaps it was because of the giant divine-like being right in front of me. 

"I know how the fact that you are calm a bit odd. But I have to do this in order to prevent visitors from panicking and feeling scared. They would never stop screaming and shivering despite my numerous attempts telling them to not be afraid." Said the figure as they tell me a bit of their past. It might be rude for me to laugh but I laughed anyway. The thought that an eldritch divine being telling humans to calm down while being oblivious of the effect that their form might cause to mortals sounds a bit funny. "Sorry" I apologized to them because I felt sorry for laughing at them. 

"No it is fine, this kind of reaction, while not rare is still rather pleasant to see. Usually even after I use the calming effect of my domain, visitors would still be afraid." The being seemed to grin? Can light-like beings even grin. I do not know how but that is wat it looks like to me. But I am glad that they didn't get mad at my previous behavior. They reached out their hand and extend a finger right at me. I begin to panick now. I don't know about you, but seeing a giant object heading towards you is scary as heck. But thankfully I manage to stand my ground and let the giant finger ruffle my hair. 

"Don't worry I won't harm you kid. I would never harm my creations, except for a few." They spoke the last part with a soft tone as they paused for a moment. It was probably related to an unpleseant memory of theirs. However they quickly recovered and continue to speak." I am known by many titles, Brahma,  Marduk, Pangu, Izanagi,  Ra, Odin, Gaia, The Holy Father, Allah,  or God with an uppercase G. But you may call me Bob. And in case if you have not noticed, I am the creator of the world you lived in." 

"I see." Bob huh. I would never imagine the true name of a god depicted as the creator of the world would be so.......simple and anticlimatic. "Then Mister Bob, would you perhaps know why I am currently here? Shouldn't I be entering a line for reincarnation or something?" If the being claims to have created the world and by extension, it's afterlife mechanism, then no doubt that there should be a memory wiping process or something. However, this  strange situation is doesn't seem to be unusual for Bob. 'They did say there were visitors prior to me arriving here. So I guess this type of event isn't quite rare for them then.'

"Ah yes." *Cough sounds* "You are currently here because you died due to an unexpected accident caused by a clash between interdimensional beings that are dueling in this world." It took me several seconds to register what I heard, but to make sure I am not mistakened I ask them again."What?" They sigh and then begin to explain more throuhoutly this time. 

"In this world that I created, I got reccomended by some of my pals to be the a host for a mini tournament game that happens occasionally between different timelines, alternate realities and alternate universes which is also a part of a bigger and grander game. This is the first time my world was chosen so I had little experience in damage control.  The barrier seperating the normal world and the other side of the world broke for a brief moment. I tried to fix it as fast as I could but then a stray teleport spell managed to slip past me and accidentally hit a truck. Said truck was then teleported randomly before falling in the air and killed you." They apologize to me, their voice sounds genuine.

"You are here because me and some of the other gods and constellations are willing to give you a small compensation you for your troubles for your next life. Such rewards are regullated according to the protocols, so please understand that you can't wish for something unreasonable." I observed, I listened and think. The way they speaks sounds like these kind of things had had happened and caused a lot of unforseen events. So bad that they had to make rules that are applied across time and space itself. "I understand, however may I ask something?" The figure looked at me before giving me the 'go ahead'.

"I am just curious, and I'm sorry if this sounds offensive. But, you said that this is your first time hosting this game right? And you also said that you were the creator of this world and this universe. Meaning with how old you are, shouldn't you have some expirience encountering similar problems before?" Bob smiled and answered me.

"Wow, never you'd asked that but yes. This is my first time hosting such a game. And yes I am the creator of this world, specifically only 'this' earth. Originally this universe was like a blank canvas, an empty void." 

 " So it starts like this. There is a person, the original creator of this multiverse or the Almighty had some spare universes. They thought it would be wastefull to just destroy them. And so one of their friends suggested to loan the empty universes and turn them into really huge apartments. The Almighty like their friend's idea. So they made a system where immortals, lower gods, or other extraterrestial beings can rent a 'spot' in one of the universe and to create planets and act as a mighty god. They are called the tennants. We tennants have to pay the rent to the great Almighty with faith. In exchange for being given a space to play and anchor our presence in the material world to interact with one another. We would harvest faith/mantra from the creatures living in our planets and then pay the Almighty."

"And if you're wondering how long it took me to create this planet. It took me about a hundred thousand years. I fast forwarded the early stages and head right indo the BCs. So I am not as old as you think kid." Wow, I have read several reincarnation stories but this is the first time hearing that the universe we live in is like a giant apartment for extraterrestial beings. Which is kind of refreshing and kind of scary at the same time honestly. "Ok, that was huge news for me but I wanna ask something else. Do these kind of games resemble the scenarios from certain webtoons and such?" "Of course, cuz where else would you get your stories from." This time I can an outline of his mouth grinning. 'So I didn't imagined it.'

"Anyways, I suggest you think of the compensations right now. And as per protocols, you will not be able to wish for omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, conceptual ability stealing, conceptual mind control, conceptual creation, conceptual energy control, conceptual appraisal and etc. You get the idea, no wishing for powers that could harm us or the universe as a whole." Hmm what power to get. "Ah before I forget you only get 3 low grade abilities, and one medium grade talent." I am not sure how powerful low grade abilities are, but considering the scale and point of view from he is saying it could be powerfull enough to rival a local deity in the next world. 'Hmmm'.

-20 minutes later-

"I have made my decision. For the talent, I would like continuos growth. Continuous growth means me being able to grow in mental and physical strength, gain proficiency with my abilities without limit and to be able to eventually evolve them again and again without a level cap or limit. For my 1st ability, I wish to never be able to forget. It means 'I' would always remember my memories, and knowledge that I came across."

"For my 2nd ability, I would like to have enhanced thought processing. It means I would be able to think faster, to the point that time seemed to slow down. And lastly, for my 3rd ability, I would like to have an increased resistance to all abnormal conditions there is. It means I would gave me higher chance to tank off abnormal conditions and made them less effective." There, I stated what abilities I currently wanted. In my next life I do not wish to be a conquerer or the strongest being out there. So I picked the abilities that would support me in doing high paying desk jobs and make me a bit harder to kill. 

"Hmmm, an interesting set of skills you have chosen. I heard from my friends other people like to try find loopholes and choose the most broken ability they could think of. Only your continuos growth talent could be considered powerful but it is still in the 'lower powerful' area." Bob stopped talking and took out a...phone? They talked with someone else, discussing about the abilities I chose. Moments later their conversation ended with Bob having a smile. "Well good news kid, all your abilities are ok. So now we could proceed with the second phase of this reincarnation."

"So what kind of world would you like to be in kid?" "Before that, can I choose specifically which world I can go into?" Bob shakes his head and said "Unfortunately kid, since I am a middle tier god, I don't have the authority to grant that decision.  I can only exclude the types of worlds you don't want to be in and the rest is random. So there's a chance you will  get into an anime world, maybe an alternate earth with your classic isekai setting, a scifi space traveling world or even a knock off world based on famous works. It could be anything."

'It's like excluding tags when you're filtering out manga then.' "The most obvious wolrld I would definetily wish to avoid is of course 40k. Next would be the novel world of H.P Lovecraft, then zombie apocalypse type worlds, post apocalyptic worlds like Nier and Fallout. Types of worlds that are actually created from a god's imagination like Haruha Suzumiya, then Dragon Ball, Dr.Stone, and Attack On Titan. That's all the type of... wait! Exclude Darks Souls, Bloodborne or any of the Souls series too." I almost forgot about the souls series. Such mistake while could potentially lead me into the brink of insanity later on.  And I am glad I managed to avoid that. 

"Ok. Now excluding said worlds anddd done! Ok kid, anything else you would like to do before reincarnating?" "Yes, could you please somehow tell my parents that I am alright and also bless them so they could continue to live a normal pleasant live until they are able to pass away from old age?" "Oh what a good child you are. Don't worry kid, I'll make sure to personally bless them and perhaps even assign a guardian over them." Bob ruffled my hair once more."Thank you" I bowed to show how sincere I am to Bob. "It's the least I can do. Now then good luck on your reincarnation kid. OH AND TRY NOT TO DIE!!!" 'Wait what?'

Before I could ask what Bob meant by that I feel my conciousness begin to fade. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(He didn't  say to exclude any other type of apocalyptic worlds besides zombie apocalyse. Hehe.)

 

Critics and suggestions are welcomed

9