Chapter 1 : A troublesome girl
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why am I here, in this storm like world, where I am but a gust of wind, even without me, the storm would still cause destruction”

 

After he finished, everyone clapped for a bit, the claps slowly dying out each passing second.

 

The teacher who called the boy up was surprised. 

 

“That was a great reading of the poem Arlo!, you’re usually so quiet and talk so little that I didn’t even know you could do something like this”

 

The boy called Arlo who had just done the book reading looked annoyed as though he didn’t want to be up there. He was pretty short for his age of 18 yrs old and had a fairly average build that was hard to notice through his clothes. He has dark brown hair with black eyes.

 

Looking down on his audience, Arlo noticed that the gazes of his audience were mostly filled with ones of indifference, then ones of mild interest, and finally, a few ones with scorn.

 

Arlo didn’t really care though as he preferred to be left alone to his own endeavours with no one to bother him.

 

The most notable thing about the audience that clapped for Arlo a while ago were the different shapes, sizes, facial features and body parts that were in the classroom along with him.

 

Arlo was an ordinary human being but his class was composed of different races that were called monsters a long time ago in the past. Races such as goblins, kobolds, wyverns and so on that were always a staple in rpg games were actual students in his classroom.

 

Of course this didn’t surprise Arlo as he grew up with this being the norm. 

 

The world as he knew it was the result of various wars between different races such as the humans, the monsters, the dragons, etc. 

 

The world of the past was akin to more of a fantasy one in games but as the races banded together and peace treaties were formed, the world was finally able to advance and grow technologically.

 

Making the world more of a modern place with cars and trains, even though the world hasn’t even advanced to the 1200s yet.

 

After finishing his class book reading, Arlo went to the back of the classroom to take his seat.

 

The classroom he was in, was the one he had all his classes in, the desks that his school used were two single ones that were pushed against each other, meaning that two people sat right next to each other.

 

The place where Arlo was presenting a while ago, was where the teacher normally stood, different from the rest of the class, it was elevated from the ground and the board was placed above so that all students could easily see it.

 

When he reached his desk though, the other seat was vacant as the person who sat next to him acted random and seemed to come to class whenever she felt like it.

 

Arlo was used to this though and just sat back down, ready to zone out the rest of his boring literature class.

 

This time however, things didn’t go as planned due to a certain chaotic girl, “OMG, that book reading was really great, see what I told you, if you just put yourself out there, people would love you!”

 

Looking around to search for the voice of this girl that usually sat beside him, his search ended in failure though as he couldn’t find where she was as if the voice came from a ghost.

 

Just when he was about to start his second round of searching he heard a sound by the windows of the classroom, “Meeta’s here! I’m almost inside now, just gimme a few more seconds!”

 

He looked over, doing his best to not facepalm himself while seeing the girl climbing through the classroom window. This girl was named Meeta Osita, and she had long chestnut brown hair with white strokes throughout her hair and lavender blue eyes.

 

After some seconds of observing her, she didn’t seem to be moving. 

 

After some amount of time going with her still not moving, she then looked towards Arlo, “Hehe, a little help please”

 

After actually facepalming himself, he silently exited his seat and went over to help her. Even though the teacher noticed all of this, she just ignored them, as at this point, something like this happening was a natural occurrence.

 

Arlo helped out the girl and then they both took their seats, with him giving a look of disappointment while she just gave an oblivious look back.

 

This classmate of his, also his only friend in this school, was called Meeta Osita. The first time she ever came to school, she left a deep impression on everyone as she came to school in a witch’s costume and proclaimed herself as a witch.

 

Normally this would be taken as some mindless foolishness, as everyone knew that the witches had died out and there were even several publications about them, but with how confident she acted and the amount of wacky gadgets she carried around with her, some people actually started considering that she might be one.

 

As for being considered a friend, Arlo didn’t know what really made someone else a friend so he just assumed, being friends was based on how much time people spent with each other.

 

From the first day Meeta transferred in to even just later today, he seemed to be the one who always cleaned up her messes and the one who was always associated with her.

 

Stuff like “Meeta started letting out the class pets! Call Arlo to come help stop her!”

 

She caused so much trouble and never stopped causing more even when she was in hot water so people just stopped caring eventually.

 

As for how they met in the first place, Arlo couldn’t recall it off the top of his head as all his most memorable moments with her are just troublesome ones.

 

Even so, he was glad to at least have one friend, even if she was the most troublesome person in the school. 

 

As for how Meeta felt about Arlo, she definitely thought of him as a friend from how he listened to her problems even if he listened to them half heartedly as most of her troubles were caused by herself.

 

Also due to how he always helped her when she was in hot water, most of her other friends bailed even when they were a part of the problem but at least Arlo always stayed and helped to clean up her messes. 

 

She also didn’t remember how they both met as her head was mostly filled with causing trouble and other stuff.

 

After a short while, the final bell of the day rung and everyone started leaving, as Arlo was getting ready to leave though, he was getting an earful from Meeta about her troubles for the day 

 

“Arlo! I know you won’t believe how annoying the school guards were today as they were checking my bags, we even had to have a lengthy discussion too! I was already late to school because of my part-time job and then they had the gall to stop me, hmph!”

 

Arlo was rolling his eyes on the inside but still responded. “Meeta…, what were you carrying to school this time which would cause them to stop you,  also you know you still haven’t told me what part time job you have?”

 

“All I was carrying to school this time was a book called ‘pick up lines for raccoon girls’, another book titled ‘guide to bobloxing’, a book with the name “How to be too cool for school”, some stink bombs and finally, a book called ‘how to explode your school’ “

 

Arlo was stunned by all this and took a moment to process everything so as he didn’t burst a blood vessel, before replying.

 

 “Firstly, how the hell do you remember all those book titles but can’t remember any of your school work, no matter you’re so close to flunking” 

 

Meeta was annoyed but he was right, so the best she could retaliate with was “Hey!”

 

“Secondly, why were you carrying all of this to school, couldn’t you have read them at home or something and Lastly, How can you be this dense, of course carrying books about how to explode your school and also stink bombs are gonna cause them to stop you!”

 

Meeta was getting more annoyed but this time she actually found an argument to retaliate. 

 

“That’s no reason, what if it wasn’t for this school huh? Plus literature is a right we all hold, so what if I want to read pick up lines for raccoons or how to be cool, it should be allowed!”

 

Arlo, who was irritated, calmed himself and then just changed the topic before Meeta went into some nonsensical drivel.

 

“Also you still haven’t answered the question about what your part time job is?”

0