Chapter 6 : What the hell is going on?
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the person entered the room, everyone turned to face her.

 

“Oh… The boy’s awake? Good to see. On another note though, We haven’t finished the discussion about how to deal with you two yet, Suri and Meeta.”

 

The person that was talking was a lady with yellow eyes, pointed ears, and violet hair that also had some dark pink highlights in it. She wore a one piece dress that reached her thighs which was black with some yellow at the bottom. 

 

She also wore something that seemed like a white sailor's hat with some feathers at the side.

 

At the mention of punishment, Meeta sprang up out of Arlo’s hands and then made a break for the window of the room that was open with a breeze blowing inside of the room.

 

Suri on the other hand didn’t say anything and just lowered her vision to the ground, ready to accept her fate.

 

As Meeta was about to jump out the window however, she collided with something and then fell back onto the ground. The thing she collided with, resembled a sharp note used in music scores.

“Meeta, you aren’t running away from this incident, better you just take the punishment now before an even worse one is given” While saying this, the person was stern and not even an ounce of emotion was shown.

 

While rubbing her head, Meeta had a dejected look on her face

 

 “Fine… Fine… I’ll do the stupid punishment”

 

After Meeta said this, Suri turned to the person and nodded “Teacher Lope, I was at fault, so I’ll accept whatever you’ll have us do”

 

Arlo was kind of getting the feeling that he was being forgotten, even though he was the one on the hospital bed.

 

 “Erm, could I know what this punishment business is? Doesn’t this entire thing mostly have to do with me? I know whatever happened was really bad as I almost died but I should at least have some say in this, shouldn’t I?”

 

Lope, turned around with the same stern face and then glared at Arlo. “What happened to you is a result of their actions, yes, but it’s much bigger than you. I’ll come deal with you in a second, let me deal with them first.”

 

After saying this, Suri walked over to Lope’s side and Meeta also begrudgingly walked over, after which, Lope took her hand as if she was a kid and then started to leave the room.

 

Before she could exit through the door though, Arlo grabbed her hand that she was using to hold Meeta and stopped Lope in her tracks.

 

“Whatever is happening, I’m sure everyone in this room except me knows, punishment can always come later, even if what they did was releasing a plague or even demolishing entire buildings and such, I need to know, how I got involved in this crazy scenario if anything”

 

The amount of questions Arlo had were a lot from the point that he woke up and they just kept increasing from then. 

 

‘What the hell is going on? This Suri girl said that she was responsible for me almost dying? How did I come back from the brink of death? How did I even get over here this fast? Who is this Lope lady? What was the thing that stopped Meeta when she was about to jump out the window? Punishment for what? My head feels clearer? What is this indescribable urge to protect Suri?  I feel lighter? What happened to me? Meeta, just gave up and accepted punishment after one escape attempt? Is this person really Meeta?'

 

He had so much to the point that his head was practically about to burst. Most of what he knew couldn’t be applied as he didn’t understand anything.

 

It also felt as if, when this lady left, he might never get his questions answered.

 

Lope glared at Arlo. Arlo was honestly a bit scared of this lady but even so he didn’t let go of her hand.

 

Lope then let go of Meeta’s hand, turned around, and sighed softly. 

 

“Alright boy, if you’re so insistent then I’ll answer you, whether or not  you’re able to take it all in at once or not, I won’t care in the end either way as it seems like you can’t even wait for a while”

 

“In the simplest of terms, you’ve been involved in something that shouldn't really concern you, due to the negligence of these two girls. While they were on a low-rank mission, they failed to do a basic task such as evacuating innocent people and then although no one was hurt except you, this was a really dangerous thing to do”

 

While saying all this Lope had a tinge of disappointment in her voice.

 

Arlo was still pretty confused.

 

“Low-rank mission? What mission was that”

 

Lope then sighed and then reached out her hand and tapped Arlo’s forehead. After she removed her hand, Arlo could see what seemed to be some kind of music note in her hand.(𝄽

 

Lope then clasped her hands and the musical note disappeared. “ Do you know basic music theory, boy?”

 

Arlo nodded his head to this question. “I know a bit, err, scratch that, I know a good deal. I took piano, guitar, the xylophone even. Also, my name’s Arlo, not boy”

 

With her face unmoving, remaining on a stern impression Lope then turned around to face Arlo but before doing anything she muttered something which Arlo didn’t hear.

 

She then stopped holding Meeta’s hand and took a step closer to Arlo. “Alright, since you want to know what’s going on, I think it’s better you get a feel for the severity via a physical showcase.”

 

After saying this Lope extended her hand forward until it touched Arlo’s chest and said something. “ 50% of a sixteenth note should be fine (𝅘𝅥𝅯)” 

 

Arlo was confused, “50% of a wha–” Before Arlo could even finish his sentence, he was blasted back through the hospital wall and was gliding through the air.

 

“What the hell!? Today just keeps getting more and more random huh.” 

 

As Arlo was falling, he was looking around in a panic. He saw that below him, there was a large dirt field with some people on it, while when he looked to his left there was a line of buildings and to his right seemed to be a forest.

Snapping Arlo out of his thoughts though was something that came flying at him at a high speed. At first Arlo was wary, as wary as someone who was gliding through the air could be at least but it turned out to be that girl with horns, Suri.

 

After about 1 - 2 seconds, Suri caught up to Arlo and grabbed him by his foot, doing her best to try and stop his freefall. “Arlo, are you alright?”

 

Arlo looked at Suri for a moment. “Do I look alright?” 

 

Suri chuckled, “I think you’re alright if you can joke around” 

0